Transfer Rumours 24/25

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

we need about five players for a mint squad. will be nice to 'get some deals done early' if we do, but it isnt essential.

proper CDM, two rightbacks, a backup LB and some pacy forwards/wingers

deja vous again

That's atleast 6 players...:rolleyes:

But you are right those are probably the key positions I'd possibly add a magic man in there too who can create something from nothing.

We were probably 3-4 from being promoted in January but most of them didn't work out and 12 months ago about 6-7 additions you would have thought would have been enough to turn us into a promotion team we didn't get it right on either occasion. 

It's going to be an open division next season no obvious favourite like their has been for the last 2 years for that reason it might just be our chance who knows.

If Southend’s takeover is completed then I’m pretty certain they will be the strong favourites and the team to beat along with Barnet. 
Both have settled sides already whereas we’ll probably be introducing 5 or 6 new players and they will certainly have to hit the ground running.

Rochdale & Hartlepool will be stronger and Solihull & Altrincham will be decent.

I’m not too confident about our prospects and everything is going to have to fall into place very quickly if we are to challenge for that top spot.

Guest O.A.F.C.
27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

But you are right those are probably the key positions I'd possibly add a magic man in there too who can create something from nothing.

We were probably 3-4 from being promoted in January but most of them didn't work out and 12 months ago about 6-7 additions you would have thought would have been enough to turn us into a promotion team we didn't get it right on either occasion. 

It's going to be an open division next season no obvious favourite like their has been for the last 2 years for that reason it might just be our chance who knows.

I think Southend will easily win it.

Southend might piss it. Perhaps not to Chesterfield levels, but I think they’ll be clear. 

FGR won’t be far behind.

Hard to predict us until I’ve seen our business.

Bring in a CB, RB, LB, DM, AM, LW, RW and fast ST….

Posted (edited)

Southeds takeover still hasn't fully gone through and we don't know yet how much that will strengthen them so I wouldn't say they are a sure bet. FGRs fall from grace maybe suggests they aren't a certainty either and might need to transition abit.

I would say right now its an open field, but this could ofcourse change in the coming months depending on who recruits who, for these reasons it pretty much impossible to call where we will finish too right now.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Feels like greater strength in depth to me. FGR and Sutton both look stronger than Rochdale and Hartlepools did when coming down last season. Rochdale likely to be stronger with their ownership change. Barnet and York have both strengthened already. As said already Southend will be stronger and won't have the points deduction. Play offs will be more difficult to achieve. If we have a similar start to last season there could be a  very strong feeling of deja vu.   

Very open. The only team to be building consistently year on year is Barnet. Solihull have the right fit, but have lost Sbarra who was their main creative outlet. Southend may not yet have been taken over and could even yet fall through. I also expect Rochdale, York and Hartlepool to put in stronger showings and Altrincham and Gateshead depend on how much of their talented players get hoovered up by higher league clubs. For me it’s a great opportunity to camp firmly in the play-off mix and perhaps even be one of those in the mix for top spot if MM’s ‘knowing what good is’ comes to fruition. I suspect we’ll not be the finished article as we’ll still be holding onto to players who aren’t in MM’s plans, but a similar away record should be backed up with improved home form at least.

Whoever wins it will have 10-15 points less than Chesterfield did IMO. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Very open. The only team to be building consistently year on year is Barnet. Solihull have the right fit, but have lost Sbarra who was their main creative outlet. Southend may not yet have been taken over and could even yet fall through. I also expect Rochdale, York and Hartlepool to put in stronger showings and Altrincham and Gateshead depend on how much of their talented players get hoovered up by higher league clubs. For me it’s a great opportunity to camp firmly in the play-off mix and perhaps even be one of those in the mix for top spot if MM’s ‘knowing what good is’ comes to fruition. I suspect we’ll not be the finished article as we’ll still be holding onto to players who aren’t in MM’s plans, but a similar away record should be backed up with improved home form at least.

Whoever wins it will have 10-15 points less than Chesterfield did IMO. 

Looks like Gateshead haven't sorted their ground issues out. Can't see them being up there if they don't 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Looks like Gateshead haven't sorted their ground issues out. Can't see them being up there if they don't 

Yes, it could lead to their manager resigning and them struggling to recruit players. After all, why would you head there if you have no opportunity to compete in the play-offs at least? Could all fall apart at the seams spectactularly there.

Posted (edited)

Just seen this on 19yp Jephte Tanga which backs up my thoughts on his potential.

I've no contacts at Latics now, but he's just the type of quick direct forward we need.

Similar in style to James Berry, but younger, who I recommended and finished up at Chesterfield.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/01/opinion-leyton-orient-haunted-release-prospect/

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

🗣'at least six' is 'about five'

lets do this 🤜🏿🤛🏻🤝💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

• Like 1

22 hours ago, League one forever said:

This is so true. 

So much goes into a player settling/playing his best football. 

I’ll just stick with what I see on the pitch, rather reputation good or bad. 

hanging fire til Xmas would be great from all of us tbh, but it won't happen!!

22 hours ago, League one forever said:

This is so true. 

So much goes into a player settling/playing his best football. 

I’ll just stick with what I see on the pitch, rather reputation good or bad. 

hanging fire til Xmas would be great from all of us tbh, but it won't happen!!

A lot of confidence on here for Southend but their takeover seems far from being done?

Last I read, the council we're carrying out *cough* due diligence *cough* on a crucial part of the deal and that's been going on months... It's now not expected to go through before the winding up order gets to court... And they have been placed under a transfer embargo again... 

Not going to be plane sailing over the summer.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Just seen this on 19yp Jephte Tanga which backs up my thoughts on his potential.

I've no contacts at Latics now, but he's just the type of quick direct forward we need.

Similar in style to James Berry, but younger, who I recommended and finished up at Chesterfield.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/01/opinion-leyton-orient-haunted-release-prospect/

You do yourself a terrible disservice on here @BP1960

I find it amazing that all of your previous insights haven't been taken seriously and the cost for this ignorance?

Another season of toil and woe, shite to be completely honest.

The new season hasn't even begun and I'm still feeling that we'll be exactly the same the season after, now why's that? Is the failures inbuilt and instilled in our deepest consciousness?

Failure has become the norm and widely accepted, that's become the main issue here.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Missing letter

45 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I find it amazing that all of your previous insights haven't been taken seriously and the cost for this ignorance?

JFC really?

48 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

The new season hasn't even begun and I'm still feeling that we'll be exactly the same the season after, now why's that? 

projection. miserableness and projection. 👍🏻.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

You do yourself a terrible disservice on here @BP1960

The new season hasn't even begun and I'm still feeling that we'll be exactly the same the season after, now why's that? Is the failures inbuilt and instilled in our deepest consciousness?

Failure has become the norm and widely accepted, that's become the main issue here.

That clinches it.

Welcome, Son of @GKing521.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

That clinches it.

Welcome, Son of @GKing521.

I'll take that as things stand, more tales of woe will be forthcoming unless the manager and those under him get their brains into gear and realise why they're coming in for so much criticism.

I think a play off place would be the starting point, anything more would be flattering