Transfer Rumours 24/25

Posted (edited)

I wonder if it will be on reduced terms. His performances at the end of the season probably shows that he's one that does want to do well for the club but we will struggle to get 20 games out of him.

This also might suggest that contracted players are on their way out as from what we can gather from the article in The Oldham Times a month ago. Offering contracts to him and 1 or 2 others we're dependent on us moving the contracted players out the door.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Just seen this on 19yp Jephte Tanga which backs up my thoughts on his potential.

I've no contacts at Latics now, but he's just the type of quick direct forward we need.

Similar in style to James Berry, but younger, who I recommended and finished up at Chesterfield.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/05/01/opinion-leyton-orient-haunted-release-prospect/

Where have you seen him play BP? Be interested to get your views on him first hand.

Sounds a decent prospect from the report, but only 3 FT appearances and Wellens has opted to release him for some reason? Seems a bit odd?

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Think people are reading too much into him changing his profile pic to a picture of him and his kids...

Quite.  That picture could easily be interpreted as a valedictory message for his career.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Think people are reading too much into him changing his profile pic to a picture of him and his kids...

The fact that his profile pic is him and his kids in a Latics kit warms my heart.

He is one of the few players who seems to actually like our club :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Only Blue said:

The fact that his profile pic is him and his kids in a Latics kit warms my heart.

He is one of the few players who seems to actually like our club :)

Of course, but it doesn't mean he's signing a new deal...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Of course, but it doesn't mean he's signing a new deal...

Correct. I am not sure where I said it did.

I was merely saying a nice thing. Sorry will try better next time :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Only Blue said:

It was more in response to posts above, implying he was staying on because he had posted the pic. I imagine he'll get fixed up, and not too far from home, but we need to move on from him...

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It was more in response to posts above, implying he was staying on because he had posted the pic. I imagine he'll get fixed up, and not too far from home, but we need to move on from him...

Yes true I went off topic a bit.

It's because I can't bring myself to speculate on any signings as you find out sooner or later, but I just love seeing profile pics etc. of people in Latics gear especially when it's a player.

So obviously Norwood annoyed me. Only kidding!!!! I don't care.

53 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

You'll stand out like a sore thumb if you start saying nice things on here !  😄👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Where have you seen him play BP? Be interested to get your views on him first hand.

Sounds a decent prospect from the report, but only 3 FT appearances and Wellens has opted to release him for some reason? Seems a bit odd?

Don't ask such personal questions

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

That clinches it.

Welcome, Son of @GKing521.

This prediction of mine from last year looks too optimistic if anything.

We have to be pushing for the title this season. Anything else is a failure. Clear lack of movement on the transfer front is already worrying.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

We have to be pushing for the title this season. Anything else is a failure. Clear lack of movement on the transfer front is already worrying.

Players are contracted until July….the only players signed so far will be pre-contract deals or those out of contract.

We may be speaking to several players and some deals may have already been agreed

No need for panic at all…chill!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

With all of Frank's backing we should have been pushing for the title from the off but somebody forgot to read the script, not once but twice!

Could it be third time lucky? Unless they get the recruitment spot on and the stars suddenly align, then I very much doubt it.

Keep your predictions coming in, they've yet to be bettered by anybody on here

7 minutes ago, flashlatic said:

Reagan Ogle from Scunthorpe coming in? Summat on twitter referring to an Aussie..

Confirmed. 
Scunny fans all saying he’ll be a big loss.