Transfer Rumours 24/25

11 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

JD Cymru Premier champions, The New Saints FC, sign Harrison McGahey.

Decent centre back if he remains free from injury, good luck to him. Hopefully we'll sign a much better CDM for the start of the season.

1 hour ago, oldham57 said:

Dickenson ✅

Shelton ✅

McGahey ✅

Who's the next from the current shower of shite to sign for someone else?

I'm guessing there's no way back for Reid, unfortunately...

We're trying to move Hogan out, aren't we?

Might be easier to list who definitely will be here - Conlon and Ogle, I guess!

9 hours ago, JoeP said:

I'm guessing there's no way back for Reid, unfortunately...

We're trying to move Hogan out, aren't we?

Might be easier to list who definitely will be here - Conlon and Ogle, I guess!

You would think Hogan, Reid and Sheron are likely to have suitors from the promoted teams into this league l as a minimum, whether they will go to clubs and likely drop wages is another story. 

11 hours ago, oldham57 said:

Dickenson ✅

Shelton ✅

McGahey ✅

Who's the next from the current shower of shite to sign for someone else?

I know the general consensus was these 3 were pants....which I agree btw...but I'd like us to make our "marquee" midfield signing/signings sooner rather than later please...

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Thank god for that, he’s shite. But better than Sheron. 

Not a fecking chance was he better than Sheron. Look at Sheron's goals and assists over the last 2 seasons plus whether you love him or hate him he gives 100% every game unlike big shorts. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oafcforever said:

Not a fecking chance was he better than Sheron. Look at Sheron's goals and assists over the last 2 seasons plus whether you love him or hate him he gives 100% every game unlike big shorts. 

I agree.

It baffles me the level of criticism Sheron gets from some so-called fans. Of course he has limited ability which is why he is at National League level, but he always tries to get a result for us fans and it hurts him when he doesn't.

He just doesn't deserve being slated as much as he does.

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I agree.

It baffles me the level of criticism Sheron gets from some so-called fans. Of course he has limited ability which is why he is at National League level, but he always tries to get a result for us fans and it hurts him when he doesn't.

I love his attitude and work rate but accept he should be a squad player at best if we are to win promotion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

You’re right he doesn’t, but the simple fact is….if we persist with players like Sheron we will never be able to get to where we want to be!!

If you watch him closely, he may run around a lot, he’s a nuisance, and he does score the odd goal, usually a worldie, however, without the ball he hasn’t a clue and is the absolute epitome of a headless chicken!

For all you  haters of our third highest goal scorer last season, former players and managers player of the year, and most appearances over the last two seasons. He is going nowhere, MM loves grafters and people who give 

there all.

I am delighted he’s staying, not to play every week because I acknowledge his limitations,  but I want his attitude, graft and willingness to put a shift in around the squad. 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

For all you  haters of our third highest goal scorer last season, former players and managers player of the year, and most appearances over the last two seasons. He is going nowhere, MM loves grafters and people who give 

there all.

I am delighted he’s staying, not to play every week because I acknowledge his limitations,  but I want his attitude, graft and willingness to put a shift in around the squad. 

Eh? He's been put on the transfer list...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Eh? He's been put on the transfer list...

Oh.

😂😂😂

Where is the list? Has it been published, because I haven’t seen it. I only heard about us trying to shift Hogan through the rumour mill. 

I’d still like Sheron to stay. At the very least, he’s a very useful squad player. 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He is going nowhere, MM loves grafters and people who give there all.

Eh? He was told to find another club, wasn't he? Also wasn't selected for the last few matches which signalled to me that MM sees him as surplus to requirements (and rightly so).

The Oldham Times understands that some players who are heading into the final year of their contract at Boundary Park have been encouraged to find other clubs. Among them are goalkeeper Magnus Norman, midfielders Nathan Sheron and Mark Shelton and forward Alex Reid

Nathan Sheron is symptomatic to what holds us back. Yes, runs around a lot, gives his all but he's simply nowhere near the levels that you need to boss this division. One of the poorest off-the-ball players I've seen us have.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh.

😂😂😂

Where is the list? Has it been published, because I haven’t seen it. I only heard about us trying to shift Hogan through the rumour mill. 

I’d still like Sheron to stay. At the very least, he’s a very useful squad player. 

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/24279562.oldham-athletic-captaincy-set-change-hands-next-season/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh.

😂😂😂

Article from Suzzanne 

Edited by oafcmb
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Eh? He was told to find another club, wasn't he? Also wasn't selected for the last few matches which signalled to me that MM sees him as surplus to requirements (and rightly so).

Nathan Sheron is symptomatic to what holds us back. Yes, runs around a lot, gives his all but he's simply nowhere near the levels that you need to boss this division. One of the poorest off-the-ball players I've seen us have.

He does a lot more than run, which is the lazy trope given to him. You don’t score the goals and the quality of goals he has if you’re THAT shit. You don’t play under every manager if you’re THAT shit. You don’t play league football if you’re THAT shit.  I acknowledge we need better, because his passing is poor- particularly through the lines. But the absolute pile on is massively unfair on him. He’s an honest pro, with some ability, who has played in four different positions with us and always put a shift in. 

• Like 2

Those praising Sheron are the same people complaining that the midfield has been crap for two years.

He's got the most appearances for the period in which we all agree has been the worst central midfield we have seen. 

He also can’t pass or trap a football. 

He makes decent runs into the box, sometimes, can tackle and run.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Those praising Sheron are the same people complaining that the midfield has been crap for two years.

He's got the most appearances for the period in which we all agree has been the worst central midfield we have seen. 

Nope, those praising Sheron are highlighting his attributes as well as his flaws. He has played in a poor midfield and needs to take his share of responsibility in that.

However he’s an easy target. There has been over 90 league games in the last two seasons, but let’s highlight the ever present player . . while all the others become better by not playing. He has also played centre half and right back, all for the good of the team. 

His passing is poor, I don’t think anyone would argue. But equally not many midfielders scored 8 goals last season, with a couple of worldies. He’s a very useful squad player, but I know we need better for starting 11. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

No way of proving that statement one way or the other, but many seem to think he should be the first midfielder out the door (including Mellon, it seems...), when he should probably be the last.

Based on how they've played for us, Sheron would be a bigger loss than Lundstram, Conlon, Hammond or Ward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I think you have missed the point of what most posters are saying.

League One has summed it up nicely. All we have tried to do is praise the attitude and commitment of a limited player .

I can't recall many , if any , say keep him or are bothered if he goes and others have quite rightly pointed out that in order to get promoted we need better.

It is possible to praise a poor player , you even managed to squeak out a bit of positivity in your last sentence :)