Transfer Rumours 24/25

55 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It was just to mention Otis Khan was Pakistan captain for the FIFA World Cup qualifiers. 

BP's certainly not me, even though we are similar age LOL. Lofty

• Like 1

Becomes risky business asking a business to pay his wages. What will they want in return, played a certain amount of time? 

Does Mellon really want Khan or are we just looking to sign due to him being a Pakistan international and to get more ethnic minorities through the gate? 

2 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Becomes risky business asking a business to pay his wages. What will they want in return, played a certain amount of time? 

Does Mellon really want Khan or are we just looking to sign due to him being a Pakistan international and to get more ethnic minorities through the gate? 

Well he’s been on trial for a good while so I’m pretty sure he’s wanted but signing him may depend on the likes of Reid, Hogan or Norman leaving.

On 8/7/2024 at 6:12 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Hes scored goals for us which have contributed to wins.

But sometimes it's not the player that you need it is the man, and Mellon has talked at the fans forum about him driving standards in the dressing room. Like Norwood he's at an age where he needs younger more energetic legs around him but he cam still be an asset to us.

If we get good at set pieces, Garner wins you about 60 a game with his dark arts. 

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Well he’s been on trial for a good while so I’m pretty sure he’s wanted but signing him may depend on the likes of Reid, Hogan or Norman leaving.

I'm not sure that's the case given they had a 2 year deal on a decent amount of money to give Matt Smith 3 weeks ago...

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not sure that's the case given they had a 2 year deal on a decent amount of money to give Matt Smith 3 weeks ago...

Perhaps that money is earmarked for someone else!

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

iirc didn't we have a similar "sponsorship " arrangement for the signing of Ricky Holden back in the day ?

21 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

iirc didn't we have a similar "sponsorship " arrangement for the signing of Ricky Holden back in the day ?

Probably, not sure it helped with the ethnic minority appeal though  

• Like 2