Transfer Rumours 24/25

14 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

iirc didn't we have a similar "sponsorship " arrangement for the signing of Ricky Holden back in the day ?

IIRC Holden was bought with 'Starline' money. I asked at the time why he hadn't been bought with the profit we had made from selling Tommy Wright. I was told the £80k (?) to buy Wright had been provided by a board member on the proviso he took any profit on any future sale.

55 minutes ago, astottie said:

IIRC Holden was bought with 'Starline' money. I asked at the time why he hadn't been bought with the profit we had made from selling Tommy Wright. I was told the £80k (?) to buy Wright had been provided by a board member on the proviso he took any profit on any future sale.

Don't think that would be allowed. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

It absolutely used to happen. Hell, that was basically AL's business model. He just bought the whole club to do it. 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't think that means it didn't happen. Especially as we're talking 35 years ago and there was even less regulation and transparency about football finances than there is today (which isn't great either, don't get me wrong).

13 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I don't think that means it didn't happen. Especially as we're talking 35 years ago and there was even less regulation and transparency about football finances than there is today (which isn't great either, don't get me wrong).

Don't see anything wrong with it, just like buying and selling any commodity !

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If Otis Khan has shown up well in pre-season and we haven't done the deal for whatever reason I'd have thought someone else would have come in for him.

He was at the match on Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He was at the match on Saturday. 

Yes, I know.  It seems pretty clear that we want to sign h m but it appears that we may not be able to.  Not sure how long he'd want to remain unemployed for

Pure unfounded speculation, but I wonder if there was a move to sell Hudson, freeing up funds for Khan and perhaps Stones. If the latter is no longer available, and the former is too valuable (especially given Norman's drop in form) it may be out of reach unless we can shift somebody else from the wage bill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Pure unfounded speculation, but I wonder if there was a move to sell Hudson, freeing up funds for Khan and perhaps Stones. If the latter is no longer available, and the former is too valuable (especially given Norman's drop in form) it may be out of reach unless we can shift somebody else from the wage bill.

I can’t imagine Khan would be hanging around without the offer of a deal. 
Think it will become clearer in the next week or two when maybe the futures of possibly Reid, Hogan & Norman have been decided.

Reckon there’ll be more movement in out…..Rather like a chain when buying a house?

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Cos he’s coming here!!😆

Even if it’s a 1% chance I’m clinging on to the hope.

Personally I’d rather have Jonny Smith from them instead but he was a big part of their first team last season.

out of contract at the end of this season so one for next season when we win promotion 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I can’t imagine Khan would be hanging around without the offer of a deal. 
Think it will become clearer in the next week or two when maybe the futures of possibly Reid, Hogan & Norman have been decided.

Reckon there’ll be more movement in out…..Rather like a chain when buying a house?

l reckon the futures of Hogan, Reid and Norman have already been decided..

4 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Caprice missed the whole of last season I believe so has probably took what he could get 

Thought he played most of the season and considering it was at a higher level I doubt he's come cheap.

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l reckon the futures of Hogan, Reid and Norman have already been decided..

Yep they'll be turning out midweek in the B team Cup then fighting over the last seat or two on the bench come Saturday, can't see any of them being played with any regularity in the first team particularly when Norwood, Garner and Kay return, that's before we strengthen further.

All three seem content to pick up their pay for the final year of their contracts which is their perogative and I think that's what will happen. Nobody would want Norman and Hogan and Reid have shown no inclination to want to move on for first team football.

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep they'll be turning out midweek in the B team Cup then fighting over the last seat or two on the bench come Saturday, can't see any of them being played with any regularity in the first team particularly when Norwood, Garner and Kay return, that's before we strengthen further.

All three seem content to pick up their pay for the final year of their contracts which is their perogative and I think that's what will happen. Nobody would want Norman and Hogan and Reid have shown no inclination to want to move on for first team football.

Reid and Hogan will play about twenty matches score the odd goal and pick up a medal. seems decent.

Norman be gone soon.