Transfer Rumours 24/25

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Wonder if Dolan will make the Aldershot game, would be good if so. 

Would be ahead of Gardner, Lundstram and Hammond, and maybe if Conlon is still ill. 

Just now, BP1960 said:

Would be ahead of Gardner, Lundstram and Hammond, and maybe if Conlon is still ill. 

Conlon and Charsley are shoe ins if fit, would Dolan be better suited as one of these two No10's Mellon plays with or deeper alongside Conlon?.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Let's hope he's not the next George Green. (Dolan that is).

Hopefully more of an Elliott Nevitt who also shone for Warrington Rylands before starring for Tranmere, Crewe and Gillingham.

36 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Lots of noise about him on here about him being the type of player we need....??

He's done very little anywhere else to date as far as I can see, so needs to earn his place.

Not saying he won't be a success but it's a bit of a punt in my view and I defo don't expect to see him on Saturday....

That’s where you’re wrong, he’s done lots elsewhere 

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Conlon and Charsley are shoe ins if fit, would Dolan be better suited as one of these two No10's Mellon plays with or deeper alongside Conlon?.

Nowhere near Conlon, one of the 10’s that shouldn’t set foot in our own half

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Let's hope he's not the next George Green. (Dolan that is).

Simetimes you have to take a punt.

Some come off, some dont.

Potential is there withoubt doubt, it has to be managed correctly and the player will have to prove himself.

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Maybe I'm missing something. Enlighten me....

Carried Rylands single-handedly for a few seasons.

Did really well on-loan at Torquay so was recalled from his loan early by Fleetwood.

Was in their squad before getting injured.

After seasons watching Mark Shelton and Nathan Sheron this will feel like a godsend.

He’s a more physical Jack Byrne

21 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Carried Rylands single-handedly for a few seasons.

Did really well on-loan at Torquay so was recalled from his loan early by Fleetwood.

Was in their squad before getting injured.

After seasons watching Mark Shelton and Nathan Sheron this will feel like a godsend.

He’s a more physical Jack Byrne

Probably sensible to see how he settles in before handing him his spot in the NL team of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Dolan definitely done. Just seen him in full training gear on. Khan still here too...

What kit has Khan been training in? Wondering if training in our kit is significant.

All a bit underwhelming he’s done nowt at Fleetwood and Torquay. Hope I’m proved wrong and he’s a wee gem. 

Edited by Fervid
  • Like 1

If there's nothing between League 2 and top half of NL like most seem to suggest these days it's surprising he's not featured more for Fleetwood, I've seen them a couple of times and I'd say they're an average Lge 2 team at best, Charlie Adam would appear to be a manager who'd appreciate the talents some are putting up for this lad so why he's not featuring at all this season is a strange one, maybe they've had a fallout because if he's as good as some are claiming you'd have thought he would have at least managed a single minute, I know he'd be behind a couple of lads at Fleetwood but you'd still expect him to be involved.

This midfield he can't get in at Fleetwood have possession stats of 34%, 25% and 19% in their last three games this season and they aren't even playing with a recognised 9 so the fact he can't catch is a worry.

I've no doubt he's been brought in to do a specific job it's just bewildering why he's not involved if he's so good.

If you look at his two League 1 performances at the back end of last season, he started at Peterborough and was subbed after 45 in a 4-1 defeat and his other was a 10 minute cameo as a substitute once they had the game won 3-0 at home to Burton. Obviously Mellon has seen something in the lad he's not yet shown consistently, also at 23 his injury record is a bit of a concern, I'll file this one under 'cautiously optimistic'.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fervid said:

All a bit underwhelming he’s done nowt at Fleetwood and Torquay. Hope I’m proved wrong and he’s a wee gem. 

He's very talented, take it from me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If there's nothing between League 2 and top half of NL like most seem to suggest these days it's surprising he's not featured more for Fleetwood, I've seen them a couple of times and I'd say they're an average Lge 2 team at best, Charlie Adam would appear to be a manager who'd appreciate the talents some are putting up for this lad so why he's not featuring at all this season is a strange one, maybe they've had a fallout because if he's as good as some are claiming you'd have thought he would have at least managed a single minute, I know he'd be behind a couple of lads at Fleetwood but you'd still expect him to be involved.

This midfield he can't get in at Fleetwood have possession stats of 34%, 25% and 19% in their last three games this season and they aren't even playing with a recognised 9 so the fact he can't catch is a worry.

I've no doubt he's been brought in to do a specific job it's just bewildering why he's not involved if he's so good.

If you look at his two League 1 performances at the back end of last season, he started at Peterborough and was subbed after 45 in a 4-1 defeat and his other was a 10 minute cameo as a substitute once they had the game won 3-0 at home to Burton. Obviously Mellon has seen something in the lad he's not yet shown consistently, also at 23 his injury record is a bit of a concern, I'll file this one under 'cautiously optimistic'.

Cian Hayes and Chris Conn Clark couldn't get a game at Fleetwood!

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Ignore all that, he plays in a position we are crying out for and he will do well IMO. 

What did Nick Haughton do until the last 4 years, and he's 6 years older?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Haughton

Edited by BP1960

12 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Cian Hayes and Chris Conn Clark couldn't get a game at Fleetwood!

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Ignore all that, he plays in a position we are crying out for and he will do well IMO. 

What did Nick Haughton do until the last 4 years, and he's 6 years older?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Haughton

I did temper it with cautiously optimistic, I had similar reservations about Matty Palmer and that turned out alright.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Let’s not forget Fleetwood loaned out Chris Conn Clarke and Cian Hayes to our league. Both now in league one. I’m not saying Dolan is that type of player but Fleetwood do recruit quite well

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Ok so first off when he joined fleetwood unfortunately he was out 0rettymuch straight away with an injury,he came back after around 6 month and nailed down his first team place,he was asked to play a holding midfielder role which hes never played before because at the time the manager said he was the best on the ball,but his strengths are as an attacking midfielder who has an eye for goal, he played prettymuch right till the end of last season before he went in hard for a tackle,tried to play on but couldnt and then spent best part of last 6 month out,by the time he came back charley i guess had already had players training together for months,if hes played in his natural attacking position he will do well mark my words

• Like 1