Transfer Rumours 24/25

2 minutes ago, Pauld2019 said:

Ok so first off when he joined fleetwood unfortunately he was out 0rettymuch straight away with an injury,he came back after around 6 month and nailed down his first team place,he was asked to play a holding midfielder role which hes never played before because at the time the manager said he was the best on the ball,but his strengths are as an attacking midfielder who has an eye for goal, he played prettymuch right till the end of last season before he went in hard for a tackle,tried to play on but couldnt and then spent best part of last 6 month out,by the time he came back charley i guess had already had players training together for months,if hes played in his natural attacking position he will do well mark my words

Good to see you back on the forum Paul.

Your lad should thrive here.

My observations of Callum are that he’s a man now and has more of a physique but this has dulled his pace a bit hence why he’s plays centrally. What are your thoughts on that?

6 minutes ago, Pauld2019 said:

Ok so first off when he joined fleetwood unfortunately he was out 0rettymuch straight away with an injury,he came back after around 6 month and nailed down his first team place,he was asked to play a holding midfielder role which hes never played before because at the time the manager said he was the best on the ball,but his strengths are as an attacking midfielder who has an eye for goal, he played prettymuch right till the end of last season before he went in hard for a tackle,tried to play on but couldnt and then spent best part of last 6 month out,by the time he came back charley i guess had already had players training together for months,if hes played in his natural attacking position he will do well mark my words

Welcome back.

1 minute ago, jsslatic said:

Welcome back.

Callum 🤣

Looking at the timeline of his post it's either the man himself or a close family member, not that there's anything wrong with that. Welcome to the club Callum.

Edited by yarddog73

9 minutes ago, Pauld2019 said:

You're probably better placed to make judgement than me, trust me I hope he comes in and smashes it I was just giving an observation and I've watched that Fleetwood midfield this season and I'm staggered he can't get in to it.

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Callum 🤣

Looking at the timeline of his post it's either the man himself or a close family member, not that there's anything wrong with that. Welcome to the club Callum.

Hope he's got a thicker skin than Olly Banks's dad

• Like 1

With Otis Khan who’s been here for a while, now Callum Dolan, and the possibility of Stones or a n other coming in then there has to be outgoings surely, ie. Norman, Hogan, Reid, and maybe even Hudson.

Perhaps we’re waiting for it all to click into place?

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Josh Stones deal the closest it has been seems to be dependent on Wigan bringing one in and we getting one out. 

I’ve heard it’s currently dead in the water Brad unless something significant changes.

Let’s hope so though, I think he’d take us up.👍

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

With Otis Khan who’s been here for a while, now Callum Dolan, and the possibility of Stones or a n other coming in then there has to be outgoings surely, ie. Norman, Hogan, Reid, and maybe even Hudson.

Perhaps we’re waiting for it all to click into place?

The Otis Khan one is bizarre. There's obviously money in the pot, given the fact they're signing Dolan and were willing to give Smith a two year deal. 

I know there's no sentiment in football, but it's not really fair on Khan to keep him here unless they were planning on signing him...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Otis Khan one is bizarre. There's obviously money in the pot, given the fact they're signing Dolan and were willing to give Smith a two year deal. 

I know there's no sentiment in football, but it's not really fair on Khan to keep him here unless they were planning on signing him...

I don't suppose they've chained him to a radiator 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Is Dolan a loan or a permanent deal?

Khan might not have any other offers

I know it's all about opinions but some posters [not many] appear to think Latics should be signing top-class or marquee players. Tier five football is not going to achieve that. I trust BP's observations that Dolan will be a decent signing.

Khan is a bit of a strange one, in that he has been training with the club for a period of time but no offer has been made..unless it has and there are details to iron out. Stones on loan would be great, although we didn't really see him for that long, due to the injury. I think the squad is going in the right direction and certainly I have more confidence than this time last season. 

On 8/21/2024 at 10:26 AM, Dave_Og said:

Where did this nonsense that all people of whatever generation inevitably share common characteristics come from?  It seems akin to astrology to me or as I prefer to call it - utter bollocks

Bit unnecessary. I guess opinion polls that show different opinions have greater prevalence in different age groups are a load of old nonsense. Thanks for the lesson.

13 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Surely we are signing Khan. 6 weeks on trial is ridiculous

Didnt someone say Khan's delay was due to International clearance being required?

I've watched the extended highlights from Torquay v Yeovil last season and you can probably see why Micky and Gary fancy Dolan, comfortable with the ball at his feet he plays those balls in behind the centrehalf that the likes of Norwood would thrive on, always looking for the forward pass he'd probably fit in with what they are trying to build, he's always looking to get on the ball as well and make something happen which is something else we need more of, looks like he'd have a goal in him as well playing more advanced, I also think he could slot in deeper in the midfield as he has a decent passing range and would link up well eith the better footballers that we have. That's only a 12 minute highlight reel but that performance was encouraging in front of a decentish crowd and a big game for Torquay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He's a Pakistan International 

International clearance is only required for players moving between associations, more or less:

an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) is required for every player aged 10 years or over … who is not an English national, and is registering for a club in England for the first time, as well as any player who has played under another National Association (including the other Home Associations)

The process of obtaining an ITC ensures that a player, when moving from a club in one National Association to a club in another, is under the jurisdiction and disciplinary powers of the new Association. It is a key element in the registration of a player and ensures that they are eligible to play for their new club, as well as acting as a check to ensure the player is not under contract with their previous club, or subject to any suspension.“

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Bit unnecessary. I guess opinion polls that show different opinions have greater prevalence in different age groups are a load of old nonsense. Thanks for the lesson.

Greater prevalence is one thing. Blanket assumptions quite another 

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Greater prevalence is one thing. Blanket assumptions quite another 

The statement was caveated with "probably" and "reckon". Saying people of one generation are more likely to take a particular view on a particular matter is about greater prevalence than a blanket assumption.