Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

The statement was caveated with "probably" and "reckon". Saying people of one generation are more likely to take a particular view on a particular matter is about greater prevalence than a blanket assumption.

It was a wider point. I can't be doing with Gen x think this, Gen Y do that, Millennials have this approach etc. That's exactly the same as how racism or sexism works.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I've watched the extended highlights from Torquay v Yeovil last season and you can probably see why Micky and Gary fancy Dolan, comfortable with the ball at his feet he plays those balls in behind the centrehalf that the likes of Norwood would thrive on, always looking for the forward pass he'd probably fit in with what they are trying to build, he's always looking to get on the ball as well and make something happen which is something else we need more of, looks like he'd have a goal in him as well playing more advanced, I also think he could slot in deeper in the midfield as he has a decent passing range and would link up well eith the better footballers that we have. That's only a 12 minute highlight reel but that performance was encouraging in front of a decentish crowd and a big game for Torquay. 

Sounds just the ticket for me, hope we get him, hope he stays injury free and hope he gives us that little bit of guile in the middle to feed that front line, I'm very excited about seein Dolan in a Latics shirt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It was a wider point. I can't be doing with Gen x think this, Gen Y do that, Millennials have this approach etc. That's exactly the same as how racism or sexism works.

That's just what a boomer would say :chubb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldham57 said:

Sounds just the ticket for me, hope we get him, hope he stays injury free and hope he gives us that little bit of guile in the middle to feed that front line, I'm very excited about seein Dolan in a Latics shirt 

Easy now..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

I’ve heard it’s currently dead in the water Brad unless something significant changes.

Let’s hope so though, I think he’d take us up.👍

Same source who gave me Dolan is the one who said Stones is close 

Hes out of contract at the end of the season so makes sense. Fleetwood will try and get some money for him in january or offer him a new deal 

Edited by oafcmb

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe so but people's views change due to age and what the world looked like when they were growing up

It was Winston Churchill who once said anyone under 30 who isnt a Liberal has got no soul and anyone over 30 who isn't a Conservative has got no brain.

21 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Same source who gave me Dolan is the one who said Stones is close 

I think if we get Stones then we can close the book on this summers incomings that squad should have us challenging. 

Sounds like Dolan feels like he has a point to prove aslong as he stays away from trouble of the pitch (and it looks like he's changed his ways in that regard) and does his best on it then that's all we can ask for him really.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Maybe so but people's views change due to age and what the world looked like when they were growing up

It was Winston Churchill who once said anyone under 30 who isnt a Liberal has got no soul and anyone over 30 who isn't a Conservative has got no brain.

The latest bid is 6 figures with a structured deal. We want it the player wants it we have to wait for their replacement 

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The latest bid is 6 figures with a structured deal. We want it the player wants it we have to wait for their replacement 

Think you responded to the wrong post there Brad but does that mean we are looking to sign him permanently?

Edited by GlossopLatic