Transfer Rumours 24/25

Wigan manager when asked why Stones wasn’t in the squad  "With Josh, it was just a decision between him and Chris Sze, because I knew I'd need Kai on the bench.

"Josh has to fight his way back in, and be ready for Birmingham."

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Somehow, Barry Owen is still very well connected. It was him who dropped Callum Dolan's name first on Tuesday...

Yes he’s still getting plenty of information. He was also given Beasleys name last week. I just can’t see Blackpool being interested in Mellon

6 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Who actually gives a flying fuck!!

If and I stress IF it's true I give a flying fuck because I'd be disappointed, I'm not suggesting that it would be an excuse for yesterday but it could explain the drop off in performance from the team.

Thing with shitpeas is I hate him as much as the next man but he is pretty well connected in the game and will get wind before most, on the flip side he's got an agenda and would love nothing more than to undermine what the Rothwell's are trying to acheive. It's a rumour that you'd hope isn't true but which you couldn't completely dismiss. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If and I stress IF it's true I give a flying fuck because I'd be disappointed, I'm not suggesting that it would be an excuse for yesterday but it could explain the drop off in performance from the team.

Thing with shitpeas is I hate him as much as the next man but he is pretty well connected in the game and will get wind before most, on the flip side he's got an agenda and would love nothing more than to undermine what the Rothwell's are trying to acheive. It's a rumour that you'd hope isn't true but which you couldn't completely dismiss. 

Some of us be hoping it is true... 🤌

With the amount of budget Mellon has spunked already if he were to jump ship at this point and I was Frank I’d be mightily pissed off!

Mellon seems a genuine fella and after what he’s repeatedly said about the owners of our football club I don’t think there is any truth to this rumour whatsoever!!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 7:49 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

The Otis Khan one is bizarre. There's obviously money in the pot, given the fact they're signing Dolan and were willing to give Smith a two year deal. 

I know there's no sentiment in football, but it's not really fair on Khan to keep him here unless they were planning on 

Just now, Lukers1 said:
On 8/23/2024 at 7:49 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

The Otis Khan one is bizarre. There's obviously money in the pot, given the fact they're signing Dolan and were willing to give Smith a two year deal. 

I know there's no sentiment in football, but it's not really fair on Khan to keep him here unless they were planning on 

Expand  

?

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

?

Sorry, I didn’t realise it had posted.

Nothing of real value, the club will be paying his day to expenses hotels etc.

I’ve not seen him play but I’m sure it will be sorted one way or the other this week.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

With the amount of budget Mellon has spunked already if he were to jump ship at this point and I was Frank I’d be mightily pissed off!

Mellon seems a genuine fella and after what he’s repeatedly said about the owners of our football club I don’t think there is any truth to this rumour whatsoever!!

No loyalty in football 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

where l'm at too

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Somehow, Barry Owen is still very well connected. It was him who dropped Callum Dolan's name first on Tuesday...

He's been involved in football for over 15 years, like him or not. He'll have loads of connects with scouts, agents and players. I'm fairly certain he's a pariah with the Royles and Rothwells.

One thing we know, he gets a kick out of stirring the pot or being made to feel relevent. Throwing a few bones out, as on the mark as they may be, will be his way of attempting to stay in the public eye somehow. He's a pox on the club and always will be, forever associated with our firm decline..

• Like 14

On 8/25/2024 at 10:42 AM, Hemel latic said:

Hopefully we'll get at least one decent loan player in as the league transfer deadline closes. From the two games I've seen live and the one I've seen on the stream we still need an injection of pace, power and creativity.

The transfer deadline for the National League is in March I believe?  We can still add players until then and I think we will do so gradually.

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

The transfer deadline for the National League is in March I believe?  We can still add players until then and I think we will do so gradually.

Probably will be Otis Khan right? 

• Like 1

We need a striker hope its Stones would have thought he would have been at the game today if indeed it was him , So as Khan was there its more likely to be him . Although I thought that signing Dolan would have seen us drop our interest in Khan. One Oldham lad still without a club is Stephen Humphreys , I guess we will find out tomorrow.