Transfer Rumours 24/25

4 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Jury still well and truely out on Conlon, Lundstram and Hammond. We will need to see a vast improvement from 2 of these 3 if we are compete in the top 4. They are key 

Lundstram had his best game in an Oldham shirt. Defensive, first half; like most, front foot second. Wasn't scared of the ball for a change.

9 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Lundstram had his best game in an Oldham shirt. Defensive, first half; like most, front foot second. Wasn't scared of the ball for a change.

Good to see. 

far from proven 

9 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Think his confidence was shot in that first season playing in a midfield that couldn’t retain possession and treated the ball like a hot potato. 

Conlon isn’t the most dynamic but I think him, Ogle, Jez and Monthe are bringing a calmness to the squad by being comfortable with the ball.

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Only issue we might have with Stones is if a L2 club come in for him before Friday. Maloney doesn't fancy him at the moment...

Some might be concerned that a team that struggles for goals doesn't fancy one of their strikers, but not me, bring him home Melly.

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Only issue we might have with Stones is if a L2 club come in for him before Friday. Maloney doesn't fancy him at the moment...

Is there a reason why we couldn’t get the deal done before then? Or is it a case of Wigan are holding out currently for the best option?

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

I never saw his 4 games in person. Was he *that* good? 

He was very good but I do worry about us making him out to be the saviour. Don’t get me wrong though I’ll be well happy if he signs. I think he complimented Norwood really well though. He was aggressive and did all of the running. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

He was very good in two games - Solihull and Hartlepool (a).

He was absolutely useless against Gateshead, but they all were.

He played about half an hour at home to Hartlepool. Scored a great goal, got injured not long after and limped on for another 20 mins or so.

Play him without arms and legs and he's still a better option than Fondop and Reid...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

He had the energy and complemented Norwood very well think that is what we liked about him.He also took his chances very well.

• Like 1

The club have been pushing this Stones deal all summer. They were close last Thursday. I would not be surprised if he ends up at somewhere like Bradford.

we clearly need a striker who can hold the ball. We get nowhere near with Fondop starting majority of games. 

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

Is there a reason why we couldn’t get the deal done before then? Or is it a case of Wigan are holding out currently for the best option?

I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine all clubs would rather their players were playing in the EFL. Once that window closes and it no longer becomes an option, then the likes of us, Barnet, Rochdale, Forest Green have better opportunity to sign these kind of players...

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The club have been pushing this Stones deal all summer. They were close last Thursday. I would not be surprised if he ends up at somewhere like Bradford.

we clearly need a striker who can hold the ball. We get nowhere near with Fondop starting majority of games. 

The Bradford guy who was supposedly going to Wigan so Stones could come to us, is now going to Fleetwood it seems. So Stones to Bradford could be an option.

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The Bradford guy who was supposedly going to Wigan so Stones could come to us, is now going to Fleetwood it seems. So Stones to Bradford could be an option.

Surely it would have made more sense the other way round Bradford lad to Wigan then send Stones to Bradford on loan? Can’t imagine them wanting to help Bradford out after missing out on signing him 

20 minutes ago, oafc94 said:

Surely it would have made more sense the other way round Bradford lad to Wigan then send Stones to Bradford on loan? Can’t imagine them wanting to help Bradford out after missing out on signing him 

I'd like to think the player might have a say