Transfer Rumours 24/25

The club have been pushing this Stones deal all summer. They were close last Thursday. I would not be surprised if he ends up at somewhere like Bradford.

we clearly need a striker who can hold the ball. We get nowhere near with Fondop starting majority of games. 

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

Is there a reason why we couldn’t get the deal done before then? Or is it a case of Wigan are holding out currently for the best option?

I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine all clubs would rather their players were playing in the EFL. Once that window closes and it no longer becomes an option, then the likes of us, Barnet, Rochdale, Forest Green have better opportunity to sign these kind of players...

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The club have been pushing this Stones deal all summer. They were close last Thursday. I would not be surprised if he ends up at somewhere like Bradford.

we clearly need a striker who can hold the ball. We get nowhere near with Fondop starting majority of games. 

The Bradford guy who was supposedly going to Wigan so Stones could come to us, is now going to Fleetwood it seems. So Stones to Bradford could be an option.

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The Bradford guy who was supposedly going to Wigan so Stones could come to us, is now going to Fleetwood it seems. So Stones to Bradford could be an option.

Surely it would have made more sense the other way round Bradford lad to Wigan then send Stones to Bradford on loan? Can’t imagine them wanting to help Bradford out after missing out on signing him 

20 minutes ago, oafc94 said:

Surely it would have made more sense the other way round Bradford lad to Wigan then send Stones to Bradford on loan? Can’t imagine them wanting to help Bradford out after missing out on signing him 

I'd like to think the player might have a say

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb

so he goes back in March? 🤔

I'd guess that's geared to the end of the EFL transfer window so that they can decide if they need him for the run-in

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb

so he goes back in March? 🤔

Sorry that should mean back in January. Loans usually go 6 months to January or the end of the season. 

everything has been agreed and Wigan have their replacement. Club believe as of this afternoon he’s ours 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Jury still well and truely out on Conlon, Lundstram and Hammond. We will need to see a vast improvement from 2 of these 3 if we are compete in the top 4. They are key 

We ain't getting better than Conlon in his role whilst we are operating on the budget we are. Agree on Lundstram and Hammond.

Stones will be reet, so long as we don't expect him to be the second coming of Alan Shearer. More of a younger version of Garner I think in that he will pester defenders, press well, run the channels and, hopefully, finish as well as he did in his first spell.  A useful addition.

Edited by Boyyou
  • Like 1

As someone mentioned Stones is not our saviour, he is a young lad who may have a dip in form but I think overall if he shows the determination and clever play like last time he does improve the team massively.

He seemed to love it here as well and it just seemed to work, let's hope it does again.

31 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Sorry that should mean back in January. Loans usually go 6 months to January or the end of the season. 

everything has been agreed and Wigan have their replacement. Club believe as of this afternoon he’s ours 

In for Saturday do we reckon? 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

The pressure isn’t on Stones to score, but he needs to chip in with his fair share. 

The pressure is on Norwood to score our goals. Which I’m sure Stones will help with. 

Not if he drops Norwood as suggested by a lot of our fans. 

47 minutes ago, daniel said:

In for Saturday do we reckon? 

Source is expecting him in the building tomorrow. He seems confident it’s all done. Same one who’s given Dolan, Caprice, Charsley Jes and Monthe. So he’s very reliable 

• Like 1