Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

As a sporty teenager I  suffered flare-ups of this until about 19. Cleared up on its own.

In my day they called it "growing pains". 

Now the arthritis is setting in there are pains elsewhere and my dearly beloved merely says I am a pain in the a***. Metaphorically that is.

Yep I also suffered with this and it's not nice!

Its bloody painful and as some have alreday said the only real cure is rest. 

Hope our medics assess how bad this is before we make a committment. Dont get me wrong i'd love Stones to join us on a perm level, however not if he plays 3 or 4 games then is out for 2 months at a time....

I'd be tempted to go down the loan route initially and see how he goes until the end of November....then fork out the cash if he has no issues.

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Agree but the good thing is if he comes(and who knows it may well head west this) we have depth in the squad which means we can take him out the firing line abd rotate him if it's not working.

Some you win some you lose. Ask Peterborough . If you don't buy a lottery ticket you'll never win.

Joe R. bought a few and won.Ritchie, Irwin and the others.Lets hope we can win again.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder who will drop out of the team for Khan? Although I imagine he will be a substitute on Saturday. 

There are certainly going to be several unhappy players.

Reid, Hogan, and Norman surely will be gone because I don’t think any of them will be in a match day squad. Kitching’s place could also be under threat. I think Sutton, Doro & Moore could be made available for loan.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

There are certainly going to be several unhappy players.

Reid, Hogan, and Norman surely will be gone because I don’t think any of them will be in a match day squad. Kitching’s place could also be under threat. I think Sutton, Doro & Moore could be made available for loan.

We will need to keep one of Hogan and Sutton. We can’t play 3 centre backs and not have any cover. 

35 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I’m thinking KitchingZ khan may play the LWB role 

From what I've seen Khan is a left  winger not a wing back so could rival Jes for a starting place. 

Can't blame Wigan protecting their interests. If Stones has a storming loan here his price could rocket.

We may have to settle for a temporary move and see how the land lies in January. Who knows,  there may be others out there who could do us a job.

I’ve gone a bit lukewarm on Stones- not the player- the deal. 

I can’t see a world in which he does well and is allowed to stay for the rest of the season from Jan onwards. In addition, scoring goals is the hardest part of the game. Strikers need games, and to build partnerships. We’ll have the team playing a certain way and then he leaves. Is Garner and Mikey just going to pick up the mantle. . . I’d much get our own player or a season loan. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t see a world in which he does well and is allowed to stay for the rest of the season from Jan onwards. In addition, scoring goals is the hardest part of the game. Strikers need games, and to build partnerships. We’ll have the team playing a certain way and then he leaves. Is Garner and Mikey just going to pick up the mantle. . . I’d much get our own player or a season loan. 

I struggle with loans these days. Even when they say end of the season there’s usually a recall clause in January. If they are doing well they go back and farmed out to the league above. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I completely agree. But if it pushed Fondop down the pecking order, I am all for it. 

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surely we haven't waited all summer to sign our main target on a four month loan?

I suppose a 4 month loan, which could turn into a 9 month loan is better than nothing!

. . . and don't call me Surely!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I struggle with loans these days. Even when they say end of the season there’s usually a recall clause in January. If they are doing well they go back and farmed out to the league above. 

We still expecting him to sign tomorrow?