Transfer Rumours 24/25

If we get Reid off the books and Stones in, I'll be fully agreed that Mellon knows what good likes. We're just missing that bit of pace up front but with Norwood and Garner now seemingly fit, and Fondop doing what Fondop does, we'd have a forwards 5 to rotate that should be the envy of the division.

Think we're balanced elsewhere. Expect us to be right up there.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What are our loan options at this stage regarding Stones?

ie. are we able to loan him for a month, 3 months, the season etc. etc.

If you are allowed short term loans this is the rule. minimum of 28 days and a maximum of 93 days.

19 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, a totally different type of midfielder to what we have got this one. 

I still think we could do with a combative, tough tackling yard dog with a good passing range to play with Conlon or Gardener at the base of the box midfield. I think all the other midfielders are better suited to that attacking midfield/number ten role.

Would your prospect help fill that gap BP?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hemel latic said:

I still think we could do with a combative, tough tackling yard dog with a good passing range to play with Conlon or Gardener at the base of the box midfield. I think all the other midfielders are better suited to that attacking midfield/number ten role.

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

A Matty Palmer or Alfie McCalmont would do just fine.

4 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I think we need that type of player. 

On 9/19/2024 at 1:44 PM, yarddog73 said:

A Matty Palmer or Alfie McCalmont would do just fine.

Out of the two I'd much prefer Palmer, Alfie would still be more than good enough at this level but I can't see him leaving Australia for Oldham, can you?

16 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Out of the two I'd much prefer Palmer, Alfie would still be more than good enough at this level but I can't see him leaving Australia for Oldham, can you?

Should have signed him (McCalmont) when we had chance, Palmer is a nice player drops deep and starts most things off for County, loved how he always looked for the forward pass when he was here with us, he'd be a terrific signing for sure.

• Like 1

I’m hearing it’s very close and it’s down to him. It was dead in the water a couple of weeks ago but it’s definitely back on. Usual source told me last night who is usually 85% correct on the info he gives me.👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’m hearing it’s very close and it’s down to him. It was dead in the water a couple of weeks ago but it’s definitely back on. Usual source told me last night who is usually 85% correct on the info he gives me.👍

Amazing how Fondop has won over fans again after being slated a few short weeks ago. We probably do need Stone's youthful exuberance to get the best out of Norwood and Garner looked sharp yesterday. Stones replacing Reid would be a good move giving us good options (until January)!

Wigan are playing one upfront generally Hugill and Stones is about fourth choice at the minute and not even making the matchday squads, I'm pretty sure he'll be off somewhere in the coming weeks, let's hope it's to BP to link up with Norwood.

Having Norwood/Stones and Fondop/Garner to choose from would be an exciting prospect, both partnerships linked up well for spells last season.

• Like 3