Transfer Rumours 24/25

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This lad is class who'd walk into this team, a Paul Warhurst  type who needs senior game time away from his club. It's a recommendation and may not happen anyway. 

My role is to spot emerging talent and alert the club, it's up to them what they do. 

But it's a big secret

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This lad is class who'd walk into this team, a Paul Warhurst  type who needs senior game time away from his club. It's a recommendation and may not happen anyway. 

My role is to spot emerging talent and alert the club, it's up to them what they do. 

l'm not for this atall it would ruin Sutton's career.

Kane Drummond signs on loan until January. Another Striker. MM seems pretty excited by it and we tried to sign him in the summer by all accounts. Obviously signed for Chesterfield instead but hasn’t played and been shipped out already. Not sure what to make of that tbh, but loan signings are pretty low risk anyway. 
Anyone know much about him?

Just now, daniel said:

Kane Drummond signs on loan until January. Another Striker. MM seems pretty excited by it and we tried to sign him in the summer by all accounts. Obviously signed for Chesterfield instead but hasn’t played and been shipped out already. Not sure what to make of that tbh, but loan signings are pretty low risk anyway. 

A speed merchant by the sounds of it, winger/striker. 

Surprised we've gone into the market again but tbf we do need abit of pace upfront so it gives us another option.

Anyway remember all those wise ones telling us in May we'd be watching the same team as last season and that we'd spent up all the money.

Is Alex Reid taking the hint yet that he needs to leave.

Edited by GlossopLatic

18 minutes ago, daniel said:

I've put a summary in the Wealdstone away thread from last season, he'll do well here and he's an exciting signing.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I've put a summary in the Wealdstone away thread from last season, he'll do well here and he's an exciting signing.

Yeah, just seen that. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing where he fits in to the squad. Would you say he could play as a wing back? To date, those are the positions which have played more wide than other positions, with everyone else quite narrow.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Surprised we've gone into the market again but tbf we do need abit of pace upfront so it gives us another option.

Anyway remember all those wise ones telling us in May we'd be watching the same team as last season and that we'd spent up all the money.

He doesn't need to go anywhere. Bizarre that you keep going after him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, daniel said:

Yeah, just seen that. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing where he fits in to the squad. Would you say he could play as a wing back? To date, those are the positions which have played more wide than other positions, with everyone else quite narrow.

I've only seen him play more advanced, Macc usually played with a lone striker last season and he played mainly on the right of a front three, they had a very good right back in Pemberton who he linked up well with, I suspect he'll be asked to play as a RWB at some time in the same way Uchegbulam does on the other flank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daniel said:

I think the fact that Chesterfield have allowed him to come to Latics, they may be thinking our 'new improved' team will be a good place for him to develop his skills. Good luck to the lad, he seems a decent prospect and a shrewd loan move.

Don't know anything whatsoever about this lad Drummond, though to be fair to Mellon, his signings so far for this seasons squad have undoubtedly added something to the team. So let's see what this lad can offer.

Edited by deckyd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

What do you expect him to do?  Tear up his own contract for us?

38 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Hopefully his goal on Tuesday, which was well taken by the way, puts him more in the shop window for someone to take him on loan.

There’s no doubt in my mind that he can and will score goals for someone. It’s only his personality that doesn’t fit under Mellon.