Transfer Rumours 24/25

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

York & Fleetwood apparently.

He’s been involved in 3 acts of violence and jailed for one of them and just last year was involved in a police car chase for which he’s on a suspended sentence.

No thanks…we don’t need the disruptive influence of a nut case!

Callum Dolan who was probably the last of ours to have a run in with the police is at Fleetwood now and actually making the match day squad so Madine would be a good fit there, especially given their chairman’s business antics.

Theres a 90minute podcast out there somewhere with Nile Ranger where he talks about his misdemeanours that’s worth a listen 

24 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Callum Dolan who was probably the last of ours to have a run in with the police is at Fleetwood now and actually making the match day squad so Madine would be a good fit there, especially given their chairman’s business antics.

Theres a 90minute podcast out there somewhere with Nile Ranger where he talks about his misdemeanours that’s worth a listen 

*cough* Norwood *cough*

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21329225.ipswich-town-player-james-norwood-pleads-not-guilty-drink-driving/

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

York & Fleetwood apparently.

He’s been involved in 3 acts of violence and jailed for one of them and just last year was involved in a police car chase for which he’s on a suspended sentence.

No thanks…we don’t need the disruptive influence of a nut case!

Also saw a Dogdale fan thinking they were interested in him on Facebook. We were loosely linked to him last season but got Garner instead.

31 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

How can you plead not guilty when you get arrested for drink driving?

Give yourself wriggle room for a 'good' (perspective and all that) lawyer to get you off on a technicality. 

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C. said:

It was December, if he pleaded guilty straight away he would be banned on first appearance, a week or so later. I suspect the not guilty plea was to drag it out to get to the end of the season before being banned.

Guest O.A.F.C.
26 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l'd imagine it's a similar mindset to yours as you post on here 🙄

😂😂😂 

Great banter

4 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

A relative of mine got "done" for drink driving BUT his drink had (genuinely) been spiked. He pleaded not guilty and was not banned. Apparently it's not a straight defence as such but something called "special measures". Bit of a silly name as his drink certainly turned out to be a special measure!

Edited by spanishfly

20 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Hope you never find yourself driving through Nether Thong on the way to Penistone.

I am a 63 year old child. I would laugh.

I still laugh at cock wash Creek near Adelaide 🤣 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I reckon Radcliffe might be sniffing around for a defender or two from us, looked good pre season but giving goals away for fun when it matters, Sutton maybe Hogan might interest them?.

Pretty sure Hogan was in talks with them, Marine and a club from our league at the start of pre season. 

On 8/18/2024 at 8:55 PM, yarddog73 said:

I reckon Radcliffe might be sniffing around for a defender or two from us, looked good pre season but giving goals away for fun when it matters, Sutton maybe Hogan might interest them?.

Would be good for Sutton to get a run of games in his favoured position, might be over two years since he's started a game at centre back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

Would be good for Sutton to get a run of games in his favoured position, might be over two years since he's started a game at centre back. 

When the league's won I'd agree with you, until then our strongest team possible.

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I wouldn’t bother, he’s garbage Sutton. He’s been played out of position far too often but he struggles even with the basics.

Mellon knows it as well. Hogan who Mellon doesn’t even want currently makes the bench over Sutton which says it all. 

29 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I wouldn’t bother, he’s garbage Sutton. He’s been played out of position far too often but he struggles even with the basics.

Mellon knows it as well. Hogan who Mellon doesn’t even want currently makes the bench over Sutton which says it all. 

We've seen it before with young players, Sutton will get picked up and he will do just fine elsewhere when he's somebody's signing. I'll guarantee that.

36 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Yes he's struggled at times when playing out of position....but garbage he is not.

Thought he improved as time went on last year, and put him in a back 3 including Raglan and Monthe..with 2 decent full backs and he would look just fine.

Plenty of time for him to improve further and be a pretty versatile member of the squad.

• Like 3