Transfer Rumours 24/25

26 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Makes a lot of sense for the no.10 position

Makes no sense unless we are looking for someone for the reserve team.

As has been said previously  he's been sacked by the club once and we've made a point about turning others down based on their misdemeanours, don't need the hassle these players invariably bring tbh.

Callum Dolan would be an exceptionally strange one to me. As someone else said, the owners pulling the plug on a deal for Colclough but allowing this one to happen would be odd to say the least

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Board need to back their manager if they think he is the right man.

I agree. We are bringing on players like Hammond and Kitching when we need a goal because we have no attacking options. We need a few in sooner than later. 

2 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

About Callum Dolan. Are people forgetting we employ James Norwood so why would his past matter? 

I reckon people of Frank's generation probably see a difference between drink driving and hammering a Peugeot 205 up the motorway at 90mph+ with the police in hot pursuit.

10 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Steve Collis will have bigged him up. He was our keeper coach until he joined County in the summer.

Wouldn't want to lose Hudson unless it's for serious six-figures 

I also heard that. County have a keep r on loan from Sunderland who did well at Wimbledon last season, seems odd that they'd consider splashing out on Hudson unless they've gone cold on their loanee very quickly.

2 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I reckon people of Frank's generation probably see a difference between drink driving and hammering a Peugeot 205 up the motorway at 90mph+ with the police in hot pursuit.

One is a grown man and the other just passed his driving test. Its not a massive deal. 

25 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

I agree. We are bringing on players like Hammond and Kitching when we need a goal because we have no attacking options. We need a few in sooner than later. 

You do know arguably our best two strikers are injured right?.

There's no point splashing cash and then this new signing sitting on the bench in a week or two when Norwood and Garner return. If they are significantly better like a Smith or a Stones then great but overloading a squad for the sake of it is just stupid, we are light at the minute but that unavoidable given we've been unlucky with injuries. 

Edited by yarddog73

Just now, yarddog73 said:

You do no arguably our best two strikers are injured right?.

There's no point splashing cash and then this new signing sitting on the bench in a week or two when Norwood and Garner return. If they are significantly better like a Smith or a Stones then great but overloading a squad for the sake of it is just stupid, we are light at the minute but that unavoidable given we've been unlucky with injuries. 

Players will always get injured so we need players who can fill in which we dont have on an attacking level. Mellon said himself he needs more players before the season started. We dont need to pay big money or get loads in but 2/3 loan signings will be fine

7 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Players will always get injured so we need players who can fill in which we dont have on an attacking level. Mellon said himself he needs more players before the season started. We dont need to pay big money or get loads in but 2/3 loan signings will be fine

I think you've missed my point but fair enough. Be careful though people will then moan the squads too big.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I think you've missed my point but fair enough. Be careful though people will then moan the squads too big.

Your point was about a striker mine is not. We need creative players and the squad will only be 25 if we sign 2 more players. 

3 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Your point was about a striker mine is not. We need creative players and the squad will only be 25 if we sign 2 more players. 

And only 23 if we can manage to get shut of a couple?

41 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Where did this nonsense that all people of whatever generation inevitably share common characteristics come from?  It seems akin to astrology to me or as I prefer to call it - utter bollocks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

If we play Norwood and Stones for Fondop and Kay last night we win that by a rugby score it's as simple as that for me.

Yeah, I saw it as that too. I came away not in any way disappointed. I'm starting to see consistancy in our intensity, impressed with more-or-less all our new signings and we're taking something from games when we're not at our best. They're all positive signs we're moving in the right direction.

Fondop has his many admirers, but last night was a good demonstration on why he's a squad player rather than a starting choice. He's doing selfless, admirable job leading the line but we're getting much more into the box and had 2-3 guilt-edged chances which we should have taken. I love him to bits, and hope he ends his career this season which a promotion or champions medal. I see a new signing, plus Norwood and Garner back ahead of him in the not-too-distant future.

Really impressed with Jez in the first half and Lundstram in the second. They cause a few problems for the opposition and along with Charlsey we fiercely hunted down the ball and quickly won it back. The back line are looking as solid a defence as you're likely to see from any club this season. But what pleases me most is that teams are starting to try and adapt to the way we're playing. We're getting far more respect and the change in setup from a team that just 4 months ago bullied us around the park to one that emplyed niggly tactics to attempt to disrupt our play. They did it effectively to a degree, but most teams won't live with us if we continue to play like this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Where did this nonsense that all people of whatever generation inevitably share common characteristics come from?  It seems akin to astrology to me or as I prefer to call it - utter bollocks

Hairyscopes?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Sutton, Moore and Dorro need to go out on loan asap

I suggested Sutton to the Macclesfield manager at the time at the start of last season but Unsworth had him in the starting XI.

cant help but think a season at centre half would have benefitted him more than intermittent games at right full back

23 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I suggested Sutton to the Macclesfield manager at the time at the start of last season but Unsworth had him in the starting XI.

cant help but think a season at centre half would have benefitted him more than intermittent games at right full back

He's probably the cover for Hobson now I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's probably the cover for Hobson now I'd imagine.

You’d like to think so, should certainly be ahead of Hogan. Hopefully he gets a chance but likely to be through injury or suspension only I would think