Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I suggested Sutton to the Macclesfield manager at the time at the start of last season but Unsworth had him in the starting XI.

cant help but think a season at centre half would have benefitted him more than intermittent games at right full back

yeah he needs to be playing regular at his age and in his proper position too

On 8/20/2024 at 7:05 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Hamer actually had a rough start and wasn't rated much by quite a few people on here at the time. 

We are going to need back up and for that reason we shouldn't even entertain moving out Sutton.

Squadrophobia Appears to still be a thing amongst us.

Sutton has shown nothing to suggest he can cut it in L5. Does that mean he won’t eventually cut it at L4 or above? No.

But he would need to improve pretty drastically as he ain’t getting anywhere near our first 11 right now, and for very good reason 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Sutton has shown nothing to suggest he can cut it in L5. Does that mean he won’t eventually cut it at L4 or above? No.

But he would need to improve pretty drastically as he ain’t getting anywhere near our first 11 right now, and for very good reason 

He hasn't played his preferred position in over twelve months so how are you even going to gauge his ability?,  he's suffered more than anyone from our poor recruitment when last summer Hobson and Raglan were brought in and understandably moved in front of him.

He'll get a chance and it may be higher up, footballs a funny game as evidenced by Hallam Hope leading the line as Morecambes No 9 in the division above, Tollit is also a regular, there's others I could list but you probably know that, he's a young kid, come through our youth team and all you can do is throw shit his way, he's done his best in an unfamiliar position that both Hobson and Hogan struggled to cover and judges like you want to write the kid off before he's even started. Nice one, what a fan you are 👍 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

I could reel off loads of young players that have been written off by Latics fans, only to go on and make that view completely embarrassing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

I could reel off loads of young players that have been written off by Latics fans, only to go on and make that view completely embarrassing. 

"Bloody hell Eardly"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

You could. But you haven’t.

Oh and where have I written him off?

Utter tosh it's just Latics fans who write off players, nor is it just the main standers. It's all opinions and what the individual see's.

Regarding Sutton, not good enough and he's old enough to be good enough.

If he goes on to higher things, good luck to the lad. Currently he's last choice here, Micky knows what good looks like.

• Like 2

Plenty of ex-Latics youngsters have gone on to do absolutely nothing. More than the ones who have. For his own sake I’d like Sutton to be in the second list rather than the first, but I can’t see him displacing anyone at the moment.

1 minute ago, Lags said:

Utter tosh it's just Latics fans who write off players, nor is it just the main standers. It's all opinions and what the individual see's.

Regarding Sutton, not good enough and he's old enough to be good enough.

If he goes on to higher things, good luck to the lad. Currently he's last choice here, Micky knows what good looks like.

Spot on.

It probably feels like I’m picking on Sutton and I can’t even remember how we got on the subject. 

However people hide behind this out of position right back stuff. Yes he was played out of position, wrongfully so to be fair. However you would still like to think he’d show something. He was regularly targeted, probably as he was out of position but it was also because he’s just not very good. Even out of position you would hope he’d show something. He’s been awful most games he played. No pace, no positional sense, can’t pass, doesn’t exactly dominate in the air, what does he bring? He got played CB at Altrincham away and put on an absolute stinker. 

Liam Hogan over summer did a podcast and flat out admitted Mellon has told him he won’t really play for us and to find another club, yet Mellon STILL puts him ahead of Sutton. What does that say? A vastly experienced National League Promotion winner doesn’t think he’s good enough. 

There was a game back end of last season where granted he played RB but it was some of the worst play I’ve seen in a long time. I remember sections of the RRE getting on his back as he looked like he was on drugs or something, it was that bad. 

Because he came through the youth people have blinkers on. Had he signed on a free transfer from Walsall 2 years ago he’d get slaughtered for some of the performances he’s put in. 

I’m sure he’s a sound lad but he’s absolutely bobbins and Mellon knows it. 

Why are we re-signing Dolan? What’s the gap he fills? Is this just squad depth, or is he starting for someone?

Would genuinely appreciate insight here. I don’t remember him doing anything positive last time round, what are we gaining now?

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

Why are we re-signing Dolan? What’s the gap he fills? Is this just squad depth, or is he starting for someone?

Would genuinely appreciate insight here. I don’t remember him doing anything positive last time round, what are we gaining now?

Mental that players can improve over the years

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Creativity it seems 

• Like 1