Transfer Rumours 24/25

8 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Why are we re-signing Dolan? What’s the gap he fills? Is this just squad depth, or is he starting for someone?

Would genuinely appreciate insight here. I don’t remember him doing anything positive last time round, what are we gaining now?

He was one of my recommendations to the club when he was at Ashton United, but I didn't know his background. Talented player who lost his way, it wasn't lack of ability why he was released. 

Can pick a pass, run at defenders from central midfield and shoot from distance. 

We haven't anyone like that. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

Im not really a fan of signing players with baggage but will see, it's been 5 years so plenty of time for him to have changed. On the face of it, it's a signing I find hard to understand but let's just see what happens.

I trust the people signing him this time thought alot more carefully about this than the people who were in charge the first time he was here did.

Edited by GlossopLatic

7 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Why are we re-signing Dolan? What’s the gap he fills? Is this just squad depth, or is he starting for someone?

Would genuinely appreciate insight here. I don’t remember him doing anything positive last time round, what are we gaining now?

He was only with us about a week when he got arrested so it was unlikely anyone saw anything from him.

He will be a Mellon type and by that I mean aggressive, committed and brave on the ball, it looks to me like Mellon has full autonomy now with regards to signings as this wouldn't have happened twelve month ago, I hope the lad repays Micky with the faith he's showing in him, could work out well for everyone.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Talented player who lost his way, it wasn't lack of ability why he was released. 

Can pick a pass, run at defenders from central midfield and shoot from distance. 

Similar to Haughton? @BP1960 

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He was one of my recommendations to the club when he was at Ashton United, but I didn't know his background. Talented player who lost his way, it wasn't lack of ability why he was released. 

Thanks @BP1960.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He was only with us about a week when he got arrested so it was unlikely anyone saw anything from him.

He will be a Mellon type and by that I mean aggressive, committed and brave on the ball, it looks to me like Mellon has full autonomy now with regards to signings as this wouldn't have happened twelve month ago, I hope the lad repays Micky with the faith he's showing in him, could work out well for everyone.

Was supposedly very good at Torquay and was rated alongside Cian Hayes as the top talents at Fleetwood. Think he was fancied by Powerpoint Lee Johnson but not Charlie Adam now seemingly hence why he is coming to us. Rebuilt his career and got his head down and got the move to the EFL off the back of it, excited to see him return.

Just now, diggleblue said:

Wayne Rooney after signing wigan goalie Tickle.

Then Wigan sign Hudson.Then we sign Stones as part of the deal??

Plot thickens?

As long as Magnus doesn't end up in goal for us!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A young Nick Haughton I'd say in comparison. 

This is quite an assertion. I hope you are correct because I personally believe this kind of player to be the missing piece of the puzzle for us. Someone in that number 10 role that has a bit of nous and intelligence on the ball to unlock defences. Let Charsley do all the running. 

Hope you are correct about the lad BP, if you are it could very well be an excellent signing for us

On 8/20/2024 at 12:21 PM, aaronoafc said:

I wouldn’t bother, he’s garbage Sutton. He’s been played out of position far too often but he struggles even with the basics.

Mellon knows it as well. Hogan who Mellon doesn’t even want currently makes the bench over Sutton which says it all. 

I was sat in the box on Tuesday with Pete Wild and we were talking about Sutton. I was saying i can't understand the abuse he gets as i see a player in him. Pete agreed and said he is played out of position and still does a job, give him a run of games in his actual position and he will fly.

On 8/20/2024 at 12:21 PM, aaronoafc said:

I wouldn’t bother, he’s garbage Sutton. He’s been played out of position far too often but he struggles even with the basics.

Mellon knows it as well. Hogan who Mellon doesn’t even want currently makes the bench over Sutton which says it all. 

I was sat in the box on Tuesday with Pete Wild and we were talking about Sutton. I was saying i can't understand the abuse he gets as i see a player in him. Pete agreed and said he is played out of position and still does a job, give him a run of games in his actual position and he will fly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Im not really a fan of signing players with baggage but will see, it's been 5 years so plenty of time for him to have changed. On the face of it, it's a signing I find hard to understand but let's just see what happens.

I trust the people signing him this time thought alot more carefully about this than the people who were in charge the first time he was here did.

His previous coach at Warrington, who also knew him at Ashton, said he was amazed how much he had matured both physically and mentally. He was convinced that he was L1 player at least and young enough to  improve.

I  said on another thread I thought our midfield four would be key to the season as they will have to cover an enormous amount of ground. Gardner we know is no spring chicken, Hammond inexperienced , Lundstram open to improvement and Kay more of a winger.

Injuries to Conlon and or Charsley could leave us light in the critical engine room.

Hence Mellon and Brabin - who should know what a midfielder looks like - want to strengthen the squad with an aggressive attacking midfielder like Dolan

All makes sense to me.

And I still think Khan would be a good recruit as he can play Central or LWB.

40 minutes ago, OAFC1981 said:

What does Pete Wild know eh, he's been wrote off on here so he must be shit.

He has genuine talent, I have seen him play and I know people who he worked for.

If he can knuckle down and forget his past and move on we will have a player.

As BP said, he can hold the ball, be aggressive and pick a pass, Norwood would love him as a 10 imo.

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Wonder if Dolan will make the Aldershot game, would be good if so. 

Lots of noise about him on here about him being the type of player we need....??

He's done very little anywhere else to date as far as I can see, so needs to earn his place.

Not saying he won't be a success but it's a bit of a punt in my view and I defo don't expect to see him on Saturday....

Edited by Londonboy