Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Good interview from both Dolan and Mellon after the signing. Both address his previous issues so no hiding it. Welcome home Callum keep ya head down and do the business.

Haven't seen the interview but I think in the circumstances we can give a youngster a second (third?!) chance can't we?

As a backup, can we insist he gets a lift everywhere? (JOKE! 😳)

56 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Alfie Atherton to Sheff U.

Said a year ago he'd go to at least a Championship club. 

I can still spot a prospect even though at my age my eyesight isn't the best. 🙂

• Like 3

Doubt it’ll be much. At league level rules are predefined based on time with the club, appearances, etc. I think it maxes out in the mid-five figures. Not sure what rules apply in the National League but it won’t be any higher.

Edited by Crusoe

Does anyone feel like a decent side is being built? 

In the last two seasons, it’s been very splash dash. 6 centre halves, 6 strikers, one winger, no right back. 

The balance of this squad is so so much better, with really good options now. We’ve been let down so many times, but I genuinely think we’re in for a really good season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Does anyone feel like a decent side is being built? 

In the last two seasons, it’s been very splash dash. 6 centre halves, 6 strikers, one winger, no right back. 

The balance of this squad is so so much better, with really good options now. We’ve been let down so many times, but I genuinely think we’re in for a really good season. 

Players appear to be being brought in to do a job, they need to fit, improve us or give us something we don't already have I'd say we have two very good teams which will hopefully translate in to a decent squad. Only worry for me would be an injury to Hudson and maybe the Reid/Kitching situation.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Only worry for me would be an injury to Hudson and maybe the Reid/Kitching situation.

Mellon must think Maloney is better the Norman so we have adequate cover there. 

I think the Kitch/Reid thing won’t be as prevalent now, MM has a lot of ‘his’ lads now and if they start I think they’ll be quickly ostracised. 

56 minutes ago, Bigtic1975 said:

What level of compensation are we talking about for alfie atherton 

Fee, not sure about add ons. Be daft if we don't have add ons. 

Edited by BP1960

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe longer I've heard. 

Think he needs to show us what he can do first....maybe he's talented but a big big risk to take on someone who will be on decent money with little or no track record and with a chequered past. Surprising if he is as talented as you say he's been ignored by everyone else!

Good luck to him though and let's hope he's the gem you say he is 👍

On 8/22/2024 at 5:24 PM, b0ndl1ne said:

Carried Rylands single-handedly for a few seasons.

Did really well on-loan at Torquay so was recalled from his loan early by Fleetwood.

Was in their squad before getting injured.

After seasons watching Mark Shelton and Nathan Sheron this will feel like a godsend.

He’s a more physical Jack Byrne

So been reading what others have said and stand by my view that he's done very little to impress in his career so far...

Hence why he's on a 4 month loan to a NL club.

I'm not saying he won't be a success, just that he needs to demonstrate that he is worth a contract and is better than what we have. 

All this bollocks about doing well at Rylands and Torquay is a bit lame...

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Nail on head. He is I think thrashing around for a stick, any stick, with which to beat MM.

Think some of you have had too many bangs on the head, making you create imaginary scenarios...