Transfer Rumours 24/25

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes that's how I saw it, do you remember anything positive from him?, got in front of their lad and used his strength well on one occasion but other than that I was a bit meh.

It's his first game and he's only been here 2 minutes but that was my first impression. 

You had your doubts about him before he signed. So there might be some unconscious bias there.  Personally I thought he looked tidy, some showed nice touches and looked composed on the ball. Found space at the edge of the box for a shot, but fluffed his lines. 

I think he’ll be a good signing, once he gets more than 20 minutes. 

• Like 6

I'm going to put this out there as well that I was expecting a bit more out of Conlon as well, what's he bringing to the table? I thought he cruised through the game, made some poor decisions today and hasn't looked like scoring a goal this season, he's not been poor but he's a 6/10 week in week out for me, he should be taking these home games by the scruff of the neck and pushing us on but he's carried on this season where he left off last in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

You had your doubts about him before he signed. So there might be some unconscious bias there.  Personally I thought he looked tidy, some showed nice touches and looked composed on the ball. Found space at the edge of the box for a shot, but fluffed his lines. 

I think he’ll be a good signing, once he gets more than 20 minutes. 

I'm basing my judgement on what I saw today, if that were Khan having so little effect in his first 20 some would say who've we bothered signing him.

It was perfect for a player like Dolan today but he just didn't look quite at it to me, first game and all that but he could of done more.

17 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Don’t think he’s ever played lwb 

Played LWB for Mansfield at our place, although I do admit he was more of  Jez type, stationed wide most of the time. He did cover back well, which is something Jez is still learning

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

How did Dolan play today? Not rave debut reviews from the few I have seen.

On for the last 20 minutes looked a bit lost and skied one off target. Once he's established I expect him to do well. 

You could say Norwood looked off the pace, but nobody's going to judge him on an hour in his first game. 

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm basing my judgement on what I saw today, if that were Khan having so little effect in his first 20 some would say who've we bothered signing him.

It was perfect for a player like Dolan today but he just didn't look quite at it to me, first game and all that but he could of done more.

Didn’t set the pulse racing but his movement was smart to create chance for himself only to lean back on the shot.

Not going to judge on two training sessions but still think he will be okay in time.

If Khan joins I would hope he would be at it straight off as he has worked with the squad for weeks on end. 

Edited by Boyyou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The transfer deadline for the National League is in March I believe?  We can still add players until then and I think we will do so gradually.

Think you might have hit the nail on the head, Bosh.

We will need to move some out, I suspect, but I don't think the squad rebuild is finished yet.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

How did Dolan play today? Not rave debut reviews from the few I have seen.

I see others will probably disagree but I thought he looked busy, wanted the ball and kept our momentum moving. Lacked composure when presented with a brilliant opportunity in space on the edge of the box but he skied his chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm going to put this out there as well that I was expecting a bit more out of Conlon as well, what's he bringing to the table? I thought he cruised through the game, made some poor decisions today and hasn't looked like scoring a goal this season, he's not been poor but he's a 6/10 week in week out for me, he should be taking these home games by the scruff of the neck and pushing us on but he's carried on this season where he left off last in my opinion.

He did a brilliant piece of covering late on when they countered.

• Like 6

Dolan did OK. He was part of the team that edged the top of the league. Conlan also did OK. Yarddog is an hard task master today. 

We deserved to win that today after we sussed how to I press Gateshead and nullify their game. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lags said:

Dolan did OK. He was part of the team that edged the top of the league. Conlan also did OK. Yarddog is an hard task master today. 

We deserved to win that today after we sussed how to I press Gateshead and nullify their game. 

Personally I thought Conlon was absolutely awful. I also thought Dolan did ok when coming on though. Seemed to want to get on the ball. Could have done better with his chance at the edge of the box but I'll put it down to a lack of match sharpness. I reckon he will be a good player for us.

Edit as posted too early

Edited by JTM

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Conlon was very good at Wealdstone but has disappointed in the last couple of games. I'm going to cut him a bit of slack in the hope he was rushed back from illness and feeling the effects of two games in three days on the back of missing training.

41 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

According to twitter,Suzanne O.T. now saying no announcements about new signings till Thursday despite her telling us Mellon said new signing to be announced today.

Suspect the Stones attempt still going on?

Stones is happening

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

According to twitter,Suzanne O.T. now saying no announcements about new signings till Thursday despite her telling us Mellon said new signing to be announced today.

Suspect the Stones attempt still going on?

Probably Khan on Thursday and will have to wait a little longer for Stones if the rumours are true 

16 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

It’s also Otis Khan’s birthday on Thursday. Makes more sense, especially with us having played Saturday / Monday. You’d have thought most club admin & media would be off today.

Yes can't work like the rest of us.

6 hours ago, JTM said:

Personally I thought Conlon was absolutely awful. I also thought Dolan did ok when coming on though. Seemed to want to get on the ball. Could have done better with his chance at the edge of the box but I'll put it down to a lack of match sharpness. I reckon he will be a good player for us.

Edit as posted too early

Jury still well and truely out on Conlon, Lundstram and Hammond. We will need to see a vast improvement from 2 of these 3 if we are compete in the top 4. They are key 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Khan is a left winger. Not a central player so makes sense to give us a few more options out wide. 

Played as an attacking midfielder and did well there for Yeovil, chipping in with goals and assists. Could cover that sort of role or LW so would seem to be a sensible sort of signing  if, as predicted, he does join us.