Transfer Rumours 24/25

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb

so he goes back in March? 🤔

I'd guess that's geared to the end of the EFL transfer window so that they can decide if they need him for the run-in

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb

so he goes back in March? 🤔

Sorry that should mean back in January. Loans usually go 6 months to January or the end of the season. 

everything has been agreed and Wigan have their replacement. Club believe as of this afternoon he’s ours 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Jury still well and truely out on Conlon, Lundstram and Hammond. We will need to see a vast improvement from 2 of these 3 if we are compete in the top 4. They are key 

We ain't getting better than Conlon in his role whilst we are operating on the budget we are. Agree on Lundstram and Hammond.

Stones will be reet, so long as we don't expect him to be the second coming of Alan Shearer. More of a younger version of Garner I think in that he will pester defenders, press well, run the channels and, hopefully, finish as well as he did in his first spell.  A useful addition.

Edited by Boyyou
  • Like 1

As someone mentioned Stones is not our saviour, he is a young lad who may have a dip in form but I think overall if he shows the determination and clever play like last time he does improve the team massively.

He seemed to love it here as well and it just seemed to work, let's hope it does again.

31 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Sorry that should mean back in January. Loans usually go 6 months to January or the end of the season. 

everything has been agreed and Wigan have their replacement. Club believe as of this afternoon he’s ours 

In for Saturday do we reckon? 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

The pressure isn’t on Stones to score, but he needs to chip in with his fair share. 

The pressure is on Norwood to score our goals. Which I’m sure Stones will help with. 

Not if he drops Norwood as suggested by a lot of our fans. 

47 minutes ago, daniel said:

In for Saturday do we reckon? 

Source is expecting him in the building tomorrow. He seems confident it’s all done. Same one who’s given Dolan, Caprice, Charsley Jes and Monthe. So he’s very reliable 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Source is expecting him in the building tomorrow. He seems confident it’s all done. Same one who’s given Dolan, Caprice, Charsley Jes and Monthe. So he’s very reliable 

Brad. Any update on the situation with Otis Khan?

27 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Dont know of this is anything to do with the Stones deal but Arsenal are rumoured to be in for Wigan goalkeeper Tickle.

Big step up. You'd imagine it would really test Tickle.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Big step up. You'd imagine it would really test Tickle.

There might be one or two hairy moments for him but if he gets a cup it'll be worth it.

They looked a much better team on Monday when they started to close down and harry Gateshead from the front, that's the kind of thing that of thing Stones will be very handy for. I think it was at Hartlepool last season where he absolutely bulldozed one of their defenders to win the ball and set Norwood up for a tap in. Happy if it's true 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Brad. Any update on the situation with Otis Khan?

On twitter X

Transfer update  

as already mentioned, the announcement for Khan is set to be tomorrow

But further progress has been made for Stones, with the deal all but done and a chance that he could be announced before Saturday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Well that won’t happen, that’s for sure. 

Sorry I was meant to say drop deeper, not drop altogether. Fully aware that Norwood starts when fit. 
So my point would mean Stones would be under pressure to provide the goals if that was to happen.