Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

On twitter X

Transfer update  

as already mentioned, the announcement for Khan is set to be tomorrow

But further progress has been made for Stones, with the deal all but done and a chance that he could be announced before Saturday!

I reckon Stones might be announced before Khan.

54 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

I think he's already decided.Loved it here,fans loved him,unfinished business, recently visited us to watch us and so much he could learn with Nors.Fingers crossed. If I was his dad I'd say go to Oldham and become an icon.

Edited by diggleblue
  • Like 1

He stays at Wigan he might get 10 minutes off the bench here and there. If he comes to us he goes straight into the starting line up. Looks like Maloney isn't going to stand in his way.

He'll be in the team against Altrincham on Saturday. So will we adapt our formation maybe going 3-5-2 or will we drop Norwood or Stones into the number 10 position.

Stones will be great for us, his aggression with and without the ball was great to watch especially at Solihull, at last it looks like we have a midfield with some legs, pace and fight, give them all time to gel and we'll be up there for sure

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

He stays at Wigan he might get 10 minutes off the bench here and there. If he comes to us he goes straight into the starting line up. Looks like Maloney isn't going to stand in his way.

He'll be in the team against Altrincham on Saturday. So will we adapt our formation maybe going 3-5-2 or will we drop Norwood or Stones into the number 10 position.

I think we'll revert to a 3-5-2, Stones and Norwood upfront with Conlon, Charsley and Gardner central to the two wing backs.

7 hours ago, diggleblue said:

I think he's already decided.Loved it here,fans loved him,unfinished business, recently visited us to watch us and so much he could learn with Nors.Fingers crossed. If I was his dad I'd say go to Oldham and become an icon.

An icon? Wow. 

Did pretty good last season if it only was for 4 plus games. Be interesting to see how he does for a longer period. Could finally be that piece in the jigsaw that gets us out of this shitty league. 

6 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Gone back to Wigan with a cash offer. Original was a small fee 50% earlier in the window. Think we have now offered 150k. Not sure it will be done in time though. 

150k for the loan!? 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wigan must think he's shite if they've gone from wanting him in their team going into the new season to being allowed to move to the NL permanently...

He might not currently be good enough for league 1 / Championship level. 

He could come here and score goals, he’s still only 20. 

Think we as a fanbase need to chill out a bit on him though. He only played 4 times. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

No for a permanent transfer. 

club working on a permanent transfer. They have agreed a loan if it is not done by tomorrow. 

I’m obviously made up with the possibility of a loan for Stones but the pressure on him to perform will be massive.

Do we not think £150k + wages on a young player who has a known medical issue, who admittedly did very well (but for only 4 games nearly a year ago) is a huge gamble?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Bad day for the we've got no budget lads

Good day for the pissing money up the wall lads

That rambling sanctimonious post I did the other day about being empathetic?  Waste of time.

You've just done it in two fucking lines. This is poetry! :D 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m obviously made up with the possibility of a loan for Stones but the pressure on him to perform will be massive.

Do we not think £150k + wages on a young player who has a known medical issue, who admittedly did very well (but for only 4 games nearly a year ago) is a huge gamble?

Known medical issue? What is it that is “known”.