Transfer Rumours 24/25

29 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m obviously made up with the possibility of a loan for Stones but the pressure on him to perform will be massive.

Do we not think £150k + wages on a young player who has a known medical issue, who admittedly did very well (but for only 4 games nearly a year ago) is a huge gamble?

They paid 100k for Nuttall. 150k is a bargain 

27 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Known medical issue? What is it that is “known”.

Osgood-Schlatter disease happens during the growth spurt of puberty, when the bones, muscles, and tendons grow at different rates. In OSD, the tendon that connects the shinbone to the kneecap pulls on the growth plate at the top of the shinbone.

Apparently it’s a temporary condition which invariably sorts itself out in time. However, the only treatment when it kicks in is rest.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The "bone growth" issue,,,,sorry don't know the medical term.

osgood slatters disease I believe he has

Edit: didn't see this answered by someone else, sorry for the pointless post 😅

Edited by JTM
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

hahahahahahahahshahshahahsha

If you read my later comment I meant to say drop deeper, not just drop. I know Norwood is starting 😂

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Osgood-Schlatter disease happens during the growth spurt of puberty, when the bones, muscles, and tendons grow at different rates. In OSD, the tendon that connects the shinbone to the kneecap pulls on the growth plate at the top of the shinbone.

Apparently it’s a temporary condition which invariably sorts itself out in time. However, the only treatment when it kicks in is rest.

As a sporty teenager I  suffered flare-ups of this until about 19. Cleared up on its own.

In my day they called it "growing pains". 

Now the arthritis is setting in there are pains elsewhere and my dearly beloved merely says I am a pain in the a***. Metaphorically that is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wigan must think he's shite if they've gone from wanting him in their team going into the new season to being allowed to move to the NL permanently...

Dennis Irwin was a free transfer by Leeds United ......clubs are not always correct in their views on a player .......

• Like 2

Just gotta be patient with him. 45 career apps and 6 goals. I don't think we need to heap the pressure on such a young lad but unfortunately we will. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ncowl said:

Just gotta be patient with him. 45 career apps and 6 goals. I don't think we need to heap the pressure on such a young lad but unfortunately we will. 

Agree but the good thing is if he comes(and who knows it may well head west this) we have depth in the squad which means we can take him out the firing line abd rotate him if it's not working.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

As a sporty teenager I  suffered flare-ups of this until about 19. Cleared up on its own.

In my day they called it "growing pains". 

Now the arthritis is setting in there are pains elsewhere and my dearly beloved merely says I am a pain in the a***. Metaphorically that is.

Yep I also suffered with this and it's not nice!

Its bloody painful and as some have alreday said the only real cure is rest. 

Hope our medics assess how bad this is before we make a committment. Dont get me wrong i'd love Stones to join us on a perm level, however not if he plays 3 or 4 games then is out for 2 months at a time....

I'd be tempted to go down the loan route initially and see how he goes until the end of November....then fork out the cash if he has no issues.

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Agree but the good thing is if he comes(and who knows it may well head west this) we have depth in the squad which means we can take him out the firing line abd rotate him if it's not working.

Some you win some you lose. Ask Peterborough . If you don't buy a lottery ticket you'll never win.

Joe R. bought a few and won.Ritchie, Irwin and the others.Lets hope we can win again.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder who will drop out of the team for Khan? Although I imagine he will be a substitute on Saturday. 

There are certainly going to be several unhappy players.

Reid, Hogan, and Norman surely will be gone because I don’t think any of them will be in a match day squad. Kitching’s place could also be under threat. I think Sutton, Doro & Moore could be made available for loan.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

There are certainly going to be several unhappy players.

Reid, Hogan, and Norman surely will be gone because I don’t think any of them will be in a match day squad. Kitching’s place could also be under threat. I think Sutton, Doro & Moore could be made available for loan.

We will need to keep one of Hogan and Sutton. We can’t play 3 centre backs and not have any cover.