Transfer Rumours 24/25

35 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I’m thinking KitchingZ khan may play the LWB role 

From what I've seen Khan is a left  winger not a wing back so could rival Jes for a starting place. 

Can't blame Wigan protecting their interests. If Stones has a storming loan here his price could rocket.

We may have to settle for a temporary move and see how the land lies in January. Who knows,  there may be others out there who could do us a job.

I’ve gone a bit lukewarm on Stones- not the player- the deal. 

I can’t see a world in which he does well and is allowed to stay for the rest of the season from Jan onwards. In addition, scoring goals is the hardest part of the game. Strikers need games, and to build partnerships. We’ll have the team playing a certain way and then he leaves. Is Garner and Mikey just going to pick up the mantle. . . I’d much get our own player or a season loan. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t see a world in which he does well and is allowed to stay for the rest of the season from Jan onwards. In addition, scoring goals is the hardest part of the game. Strikers need games, and to build partnerships. We’ll have the team playing a certain way and then he leaves. Is Garner and Mikey just going to pick up the mantle. . . I’d much get our own player or a season loan. 

I struggle with loans these days. Even when they say end of the season there’s usually a recall clause in January. If they are doing well they go back and farmed out to the league above. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I completely agree. But if it pushed Fondop down the pecking order, I am all for it. 

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surely we haven't waited all summer to sign our main target on a four month loan?

I suppose a 4 month loan, which could turn into a 9 month loan is better than nothing!

. . . and don't call me Surely!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I struggle with loans these days. Even when they say end of the season there’s usually a recall clause in January. If they are doing well they go back and farmed out to the league above. 

We still expecting him to sign tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

We’ve had loads of very successful season long loans in the past. I am disappointed we haven’t been able to tap into that market. 

as to whether they end up being recalled to be placed into a higher division, well that’s always been a risk. It’s no higher a risk based on being in L5. There has always been a division or two higher

So I’m kinda in agreement with a few here. Like @oafcmetty I think that if he does well in a short spell he’s earned whatever he does next. As @AndyB2 says, this is the same old risk with taking players on loan, nothing new. But, like @deyres42 it does feel a bit odd that we’ve put all our eggs in one short-term basket. 

21 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

So I’m kinda in agreement with a few here. Like @oafcmetty I think that if he does well in a short spell he’s earned whatever he does next. As @AndyB2 says, this is the same old risk with taking players on loan, nothing new. But, like @deyres42 it does feel a bit odd that we’ve put all our eggs in one short-term basket. 

Part of the problem here is the massive hype and build up - had we just signed him on loan out of the blue for 4 months everyone would have been delighted. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Part of the problem here is the massive hype and build up - had we just signed him on loan out of the blue for 4 months everyone would have been delighted. 

It's funny, if people looked at his Wikipedia page i'm sure they'd be saying he was shit, not done anything anywhere (including in the Scottish Prem, which people have to describe as the worst league in the world) apart from this one short loan spell where he got injured after 4 games

I really hope we get him 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marhar said:

It's funny, if people looked at his Wikipedia page i'm sure they'd be saying he was shit, not done anything anywhere (including in the Scottish Prem, which people have to describe as the worst league in the world) apart from this one short loan spell where he got injured after 4 games

I really hope we get him 

He's a kid only learning and it says how far we've fallen to be getting this overexcited about him being loaned to us

It just goes to show that even those you'd put your house on, like Norwood, are no guarantee of success, even at this level.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

We’ve had loads of very successful season long loans in the past. I am disappointed we haven’t been able to tap into that market. 

Genuine question, who would you say have been our successful, season-long loans since we hit non-league?

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Interesting that the fella from JW Lees was on the Khan signing video - extra investment...?

There was speculation (and much pearl-clenching) earlier in pre-season that some signings would become dependant on outside investment / effectively sponsoring the player's wages, wasn't there.

Maybe the Khan signing is one of those.