Transfer Rumours 24/25

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Interesting that the fella from JW Lees was on the Khan signing video - extra investment...?

I don’t think JW lees give anything to the club. This is the reason why there’s been a delay with catering I think. A firm had offered to run the catering along with new beer. This would have benefited the club financially. Some at the club did not want to lose JW Lees though…

43 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I don’t think JW lees give anything to the club. This is the reason why there’s been a delay with catering I think. A firm had offered to run the catering along with new beer. This would have benefited the club financially. Some at the club did not want to lose JW Lees though…

JW Lees are responsible for cans of Fosters?

Oh, and just because it seems to have become de rigeur:

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

There was speculation (and much pearl-clenching) earlier in pre-season that some signings would become dependant on outside investment / effectively sponsoring the player's wages, wasn't there.

Maybe the Khan signing is one of those. 

I doubt the Rothwells are 100% funding the club’s losses. They just aren’t that wealthy. 

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Who are some? 

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

I doubt the Rothwells are 100% funding the club’s losses. They just aren’t that wealthy. 

How do you know that then?, are you privy to their finances, I've not seen any announcement of outside investment coming in so I suspect it is they or those on the board who are paying the bills or building up the debt.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How do you know that then?, are you privy to their finances, I've not seen any announcement of outside investment coming in so I suspect it is they or those on the board who are paying the bills or building up the debt.

I don’t. 

From what I've been told (not 100% sure if it's true) is that on the catering and alcohol side we were tied in with JWLees historically but from what I've heard the club now want to contract the catering out to a third party who are prepared to pump in about £500,000 for a ten year period of exclusivity, as part of that deal they'd make all the necessary improvements to the kiosks, menus etc, all I can think is that there's been an hold up getting this over the line which has resulted in some absolute cowboys operating on the forecourts as a temporary measure, an update from the club wouldn't be too difficult to put together in my opinion, we are three games in to the new season and it's still a shitshow.

• Like 3

There has got to be a reason why the media team showed Frank with one of the JW Lees owners otherwise just show Frank on his own.

As long as it gets sorted and I would definitely prefer it to be them, who are semi local, than a national chain.

3 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The catering was put out to tender and the club has signed a contract with preferred partner on a 12 month contract.

30 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Beers shit anyway

Anyway. Bring back O.B.

We haven’t been tied in with Lees since we went into admin in 2003.

Prior to the contract was a perpetuity contract which meant we couldn’t change drinks suppliers.

25 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

The catering was put out to tender and the club has signed a contract with preferred partner on a 12 month contract.

Without a thought to fans? 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

From what I've been told (not 100% sure if it's true) is that on the catering and alcohol side we were tied in with JWLees historically but from what I've heard the club now want to contract the catering out to a third party who are prepared to pump in about £500,000 for a ten year period of exclusivity, as part of that deal they'd make all the necessary improvements to the kiosks, menus etc, all I can think is that there's been an hold up getting this over the line which has resulted in some absolute cowboys operating on the forecourts as a temporary measure, an update from the club wouldn't be too difficult to put together in my opinion, we are three games in to the new season and it's still a shitshow.

Heard the exact same.

36 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

We haven’t been tied in with Lees since we went into admin in 2003.

Prior to the contract was a perpetuity contract which meant we couldn’t change drinks suppliers.

I don’t understand. 

Do you mean that even though they we went bust we are still tied into a perpetuity contract.

Or going bust meant that became null and void? 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t understand. 

Do you mean that even though they we went bust we are still tied into a perpetuity contract.

Or going bust meant that became null and void? 

I don't think so, Lukers said "prior" to that we were tied into a perpetuity contract and haven't been tied since 2003.

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Stephen Humphreys from wigan to Barnsley on a free? Why didn't we go for him? Or did we?

Cos we are a non league club and Barnsley are at least two divisions better than us. 

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Doesn’t that just mean the new outside catering company will recoup their extra investment from the fans by putting up prices and making a bigger profit margin from us? Kind of what is happening.