Transfer Rumours 24/25

Just now, Pidge said:

Doesn’t that just mean the new outside catering company will recoup their extra investment from the fans by putting up prices and making a bigger profit margin from us? Kind of what is happening.

Maybe but I'm not sure that makes much sense if they are in it for the long haul, it has to be priced right otherwise they'll just lose business.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe but I'm not sure that makes much sense if they are in it for the long haul, it has to be priced right otherwise they'll just lose business.

Businesses that offer poor value for money usually don't do it for long.

17 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Doesn’t that just mean the new outside catering company will recoup their extra investment from the fans by putting up prices and making a bigger profit margin from us? Kind of what is happening.

What usually happens is that they may pay a rent/lease to the club to do business in the ground if we are going to use the £500k for 10 years then it's £50k for the year from there they run the thing abd it's upto them to provide the service.

Now there will likely be a service agreement in place for example all the kiosks have to be open when the turnstiles open and until a certain time after half time.

They may also put in place an agreement where if the catering company makes over a certain level of profit then they have to give it back. So for example if they make over £100k in profit then anything above has to be split 5050 with the club. The catering company that I used to work for did Goodison Park and had this type of agreement in place.

At the end of the day it will be upto the catering company to put on a decent service if they don't then people will not have a pint and a pie in the concourse before the game and just stay in their local until 2:45 and buy a burger from a burger van outside.

I can also tell you aswell catering and Hospitality are low profit margin businesses that's why most of the staff are on minimum wage it can be really hard to make a profit. Look how many pubs have disappeared in the UK.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

What usually happens is that they may pay a rent/lease to the club to do business in the ground if we are going to use the £500k for 10 years then it's £50k for the year from there they run the thing abd it's upto them to provide the service.

Now there will likely be a service agreement in place for example all the kiosks have to be open when the turnstiles open and until a certain time after half time.

They may also put in place an agreement where if the catering company makes over a certain level of profit then they have to give it back. So for example if they make over £100k in profit then anything above has to be split 5050 with the club. The catering company that I used to work for did Goodison Park and had this type of agreement in place.

At the end of the day it will be upto the catering company to put on a decent service if they don't then people will not have a pint and a pie in the concourse before the game and just stay in their local until 2:45 and buy a burger from a burger van outside.

I can also tell you aswell catering and Hospitality are low profit margin businesses that's why most of the staff are on minimum wage it can be really hard to make a profit. Look how many pubs have disappeared in the UK.

But will the pies be flakey 🥧 pastry?

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

A real 'that will do' attitude/lack of urgency seems to have enveloped the club, taking the buzz of the takeover with it.

The buzz will die out due to the football, not because a pie is an extra few quid. 

The environment around the club is absolutely night and day compared to ALMO and those before. 

Don’t start spreading shit. 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

A real 'that will do' attitude/lack of urgency seems to have enveloped the club, taking the buzz of the takeover with it.

What they really need is a negative, contrary and defeatist attitude don't they?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The buzz will die out due to the football, not because a pie is an extra few quid. 

The environment around the club is absolutely night and day compared to ALMO and those before. 

Don’t start spreading shit. 

Yes, it is dying out because of their decision making unfortuately.

A real opportunity to totally reset and renew the whole place, like your Lincolns and Stockports did, has been missed, we seem to be just drifting along now.

Is Reid's deal that good he doesn't want a move or is he determined to fight his way back into the team?. Plus where is Stones or Another?, if he's not here soon should we look elsewhere?. Are we then set once the two above situations are resolved.

Edited by Lags

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

A real opportunity to totally reset and renew the whole place, like your Lincolns and Stockports did, has been missed, we seem to be just drifting along now.

I do agree that there is a huge opportunity facing the club to reinvent itself and tap into new markets. Doing what Stockport and Lincoln have done is one route.

At the moment, the matchday experience doesn’t feel any different to 3 years ago (aside from some more bums on seats). Thats the point which is being made, which I agree with. 

that said, the club can only do so many things at once and it will take time (and money). 

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

no we don't

7 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I do agree that there is a huge opportunity facing the club to reinvent itself and tap into new markets. Doing what Stockport and Lincoln have done is one route.

At the moment, the matchday experience doesn’t feel any different to 3 years ago (aside from some more bums on seats). Thats the point which is being made, which I agree with. 

that said, the club can only do so many things at once and it will take time (and money). 

Just out of interest, what is it that Stockport and Lincoln do? I've been going to Boundary Park over 40 years and in all that time my match day experience has always been watch the game, sometimes get a pie, and go home. I get there about 2.45 and I'm home for 5.30. I'm not sure what can be added to make it more exciting for me, I'm relatively happy with it as it is, but then I'm probably not the demographic these 'match day experiences' are aimed at 😀

• Like 1