Transfer Rumours 24/25

It seems stupid starting the season with one fit striker and holding out for a lad whose club seem reluctant to release, we are now playing our 6th game of the season tomorrow and are no nearer to him signing him, it wouldn't be so bad if we weren't hemorrhaging points through missing chances and having scant striking options, we really are non league in some respects aren't we. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Looks like it’s waiting for Wigan 

Bad wording for me 'there is not the same urgency' suggests we are happy with what we've got.

Eh ho let's hope the points we are dropping early doors don't matter when the medals are being handed out, surely this should have been ironed out weeks ago.

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It seems stupid starting the season with one fit striker and holding out for a lad whose club seem reluctant to release, we are now playing our 6th game of the season tomorrow and are no nearer to him signing him, it wouldn't be so bad if we weren't hemorrhaging points through missing chances and having scant striking options, we really are non league in some respects aren't we. 

Totally agree. 

Starting with one fit striker- who is effective but not clinical. 

Relying on one striker who can be prolific but is coming back from injury and is no spring chicken. 

A 37 year old who can be a pest but isn’t prolific. 

5 games in, and we’ve already missed a glut of easy chances. . . which was entirely predictable 5 weeks ago given the paucity of options. 

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I said this right at the start, I know we went for Matt Smith but I think we should have had someone in and ready to go from the off. Nearly 6 games in and it’s still “Will he or won’t he” with Stones. For a promotion chasing side I find it strange. 

16 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yes and yes

Didn't think we could sign him permanently after the window and can't loan signings only be for a month (and then renewed) outside of window? Isn't that what we did with Abraham, Peck, Stones etc...?

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I said this right at the start, I know we went for Matt Smith but I think we should have had someone in and ready to go from the off. Nearly 6 games in and it’s still “Will he or won’t he” with Stones. For a promotion chasing side I find it strange. 

Hasn’t MM said we won’t just sign players for the sake of it though? I agree we have needed a striker since day 1, but we have been linked with Smith, Dalby and Stones, and so we all know we are after a striker. I’d rather us sign the right one a few games in to the season rather than another mistake like Nuttall on a 2/3 year deal because we rushed and didn’t get who we initially wanted. We’ve all complained about previous recruitment and making bad decisions so it’s refreshing to see that we aren’t just diving in signing anyone. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oafc94 said:

No Stones today 

Wigan after asamoah from Fleetwood.

He's going to have a medical but is stuck on M6.

If he makes it and he signs for Wigan I reckon we get Stones.K.T.F it's not over tillits over. All could yet happen.

9 minutes ago, daniel said:

Hasn’t MM said we won’t just sign players for the sake of it though? I agree we have needed a striker since day 1, but we have been linked with Smith, Dalby and Stones, and so we all know we are after a striker. I’d rather us sign the right one a few games in to the season rather than another mistake like Nuttall on a 2/3 year deal because we rushed and didn’t get who we initially wanted. We’ve all complained about previous recruitment and making bad decisions so it’s refreshing to see that we aren’t just diving in signing anyone. 

It doesn’t have to be a two year deal-(and shouldn’t be when we’re still paying paying Reid, Kurt, and Nuttall)  but are we saying there isn’t one striker available for a season long loan in the country. 

if we signed a striker then Garner and Nors came back and Reid didnt leave and Stones came and Fondop wasnt suspended then some of the same people moaning here would get squadaphobia and moan about that.

we went about four matches with two fit strikers and now its match six (l think) and weve got three.

hardly a crisis.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It doesn’t have to be a two year deal-(and shouldn’t be when we’re still paying paying Reid, Kurt, and Nuttall)  but are we saying there isn’t one striker available for a season long loan in the country. 

Maybe not one that MM wants to sign? We also don’t know how many strikers we’ve actually tried to sign. We may have tried multiple and been pushed back multiple times. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, daniel said:

Absolutely, I agree about diving in but then again Nuttall was on Unsworths radar a while apparently. Never know what you’re going to get I suppose. Just worries me that it doesn’t take many draws before we start losing ground and a more settled forward line would help hugely. 

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

how do you know we are 'no nearer' and 1.6 ppg is hardly hemorrhaging points.

Or 0.7 points per game the last three, any team serious about going up wouldn't be waiting on Wigan the length of time we are, he can't even get in to their matchday squads and we are chasing him like he's the next Paul Mullin.

Also if it's a done deal why are we back in and sniffing around  Waters and Dalby then?

24 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Wigan after asamoah from Fleetwood.

He's going to have a medical but is stuck on M6.

If he makes it and he signs for Wigan I reckon we get Stones.K.T.F it's not over tillits over. All could yet happen.

Loads still going on.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Bad wording for me 'there is not the same urgency' suggests we are happy with what we've got.

Eh ho let's hope the points we are dropping early doors don't matter when the medals are being handed out, surely this should have been ironed out weeks ago.

It suggests nothing of the sort 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Harry Cardwell to Forest Green looks a good bit of business on top of them signing Quigley earlier, they are probably favourites to go up now for me.

Yes agree that puts them in the Chesterfield bracket now , unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Or 0.7 points per game the last three, any team serious about going up wouldn't be waiting on Wigan the length of time we are, he can't even get in to their matchday squads and we are chasing him like he's the next Paul Mullin.

Also if it's a done deal why are we back in and sniffing around  Waters and Dalby then?

Waters is going to Halifax...