Transfer Rumours 24/25

Tbh Stones would have simply been a nice to have.

Norwood, Garner, Fondop and Reid is a capable strike force with enough goals between them. It’s up to the midfield and wide players to provide the service. That’s where the biggest improvement needed to be made. We’ve got the players to put the ball in the back of the net. It’s the phases of play before that we were lacking in. 

Edited by PlayItLivo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lags said:

Why do you want Mellon to fail?. Clearly you do

Why do you misconstrue posts to suit your made up narrative? Which clearly you have. 

He is in charge of signings. 

That means he has chosen not to prioritise a striker. Fine.

Hopefully our options are enough. . if they’re not; he is responsible and will quite rightly live or die by the decisions he makes. 

Oh, and by the way - he has said himself we need to take our chances in 3 of the 5 games. So let’s hope Mikey has season like no other. Garner suddenly scores over 15 for the first time in years, and Nors can start scoring straight away after a lengthy lay off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

We need to move on now find another striker to accompany Norwood up front similar to stones to do the leg work.He obviously did not want to come to Oldham or it would have happened even on loan.

No, we don’t Kev- apparently suggesting Mellon should’ve signed a striker means you want him sacked. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Why do you misconstrue posts to suit your made up narrative? Which clearly you have. 

He is in charge of signings. 

That means he has chosen not to prioritise a striker. Fine.

Hopefully our options are enough. . if they’re not; he is responsible and will quite rightly live or die by the decisions he makes. 

Oh, and by the way - he has said himself we need to take our chances in 3 of the 5 games. So let’s hope Mikey has season like no other. Garner suddenly scores over 15 for the first time in years, and Nors can start scoring straight away after a lengthy lay off. 

Nope save the bullshit, it's purely an observation 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Well save your bullshit observations for other people. And stop making things up. 

We need another a striker. 

Mellon needs to go. 

Not the same sentence are they? 

So my observation was right.  

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You didn’t Kev. 

I was just taking the piss, lags thinks needing another striker means I want Mellon gone. 

And I make things up.  Get used to people having a different view on a debate site,  otherwise its not the place for you.  Zzzzzzzzzz

Just now, Lags said:

And I make things up.  Get used to people having a different view on a debate site,  otherwise it’s  not the place for you.  Zzzzzzzzzz

Oh dear. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I love good ol’ debate Lags. 

But you don’t want to debate do you? 

You said- why do you want Mellon gone? I replied- you told me to save my bullshit. 

So what you really want is to make assumption’s based on something you made up in your head, and then shutdown any reply. 

Great debate 😂

It’s this simple. 

Like any manager. He’s paid to make decisions that win games. 

If our 3 strikers score enough goals that win games he’ll be rightly lauded. 

If our 3 strikers struggle and we don’t win games he’ll be under pressure. 

There’s no angle there. Just a fact. 

Absolute joke of a situation we've put ourselves in with Wigan, let's hope it's not 'missed chances' again tomorrow that cost us, our recruitment can be best described as amateur and I don't really care whose had what part to play in it be it Royle, Mellon or whoever, it's a fucking shambles and has been since the Rothwells ploughed their money in.

• Like 1

People realise the NL transfer window doesn’t slam shut til March right? 

Missed out on Stones but there must be plenty of alternatives available. 

In the mean time our best striker is only just back from injury and our 2nd best is coming back soon. Seeing as we only play 1 up front not signing another one by now isn’t exactly a season ender. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

People realise the NL transfer window doesn’t slam shut til March right? 

Missed out on Stones but there must be plenty of alternatives available. 

In the mean time our best striker is only just back from injury and our 2nd best is coming back soon. Seeing as we only play 1 up front not signing another one by now isn’t exactly a season ender. 

You're right about the window, but we can only sign free agents, short term loans or other NL players on a permanent now until January...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You're right about the window, but we can only sign free agents, short term loans or other NL players on a permanent now until January...

Yeah. What usually happens is clubs release players on deadline day so they can sign for any club out of a window. So there should be quite a large pool of talent still available. 

I hope we aren’t banking on Norwood for all those goals we will need to fire us up the table. He didn’t score for weeks on end last season if I remember rightly. He looked very rusty last week understandably. No Garner yet either. I do hope Stones wasn’t the only iron in the fire. 

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Missed out on Stones but there must be plenty of alternatives available

Apparently not. 

24 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

And there in lies the problem. After today we have 40 games left, you’re asking Norwood to score 1 in 2. . not impossible but a big ask coming back from injury. 

Mikey and Garner are useful but not prolific. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Apparently not. 

And there in lies the problem. After today we have 40 games left, you’re asking Norwood to score 1 in 2. . not impossible but a big ask coming back from injury. 

Mikey and Garner are useful but not prolific. 

The team needs to score enough goals to gain enough points to get us promoted. None of us know what that actually is, so no point sweating about what is possible with what we have. We haven’t been a million miles off when our main 2 strikers have been unavailable.

I think we’ll probably still bring someone in anyway. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We haven’t been a million miles off when our main 2 strikers have been unavailable.

So near and yet so far. . even Mellon has said we need to take our chances in 3 of the 5 games so far. The fine margins are costing us. 

You’re right of course, that we might win a lot of low scoring games and finish in the playoffs with a low goals scored record. But I can’t see it myself.