Transfer Rumours 24/25

2 hours ago, True Tic said:

Norwood, Garner and Fondop it is then. 

Why are we assuming we won't either get Stones or someonelse? Chances are we will bring someone in. Worst case scenario we go with those 3 their is still no reason why we can't get in and around the play offs then bring someone in in January.

Edited by GlossopLatic

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Why are we assuming we won't either get Stones or someonelse? Chances are we will bring someone in. Worst case scenario we go with those 3 their is still no reason why we can't get in and around the play offs then bring someone in in January.

Anyone we bring in now loan wise can be whipped away after a month, not much use to us.

And if the league is no good as some are saying then we should be challenging for the title, not trying to be in and around  the top seven.

41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Why are we assuming we won't either get Stones or someonelse? Chances are we will bring someone in. Worst case scenario we go with those 3 there is still no reason why we can't get in and around the play offs then bring someone in in January.

I think I’m just disappointed we’ve not got this sorted already. I think it’s absolutely crucial to hit the ground running if we are looking at going up. Long way to go and we could get someone in of course but bedding them into the team then making up for lost ground will be challenging, particularly if we are wanting automatic rather than playoffs. 

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

I think it’s absolutely crucial to hit the ground running if we are looking at going up. 

Is it though, or do we just think it is because we’ve not seen a promotion in so long? I’m sure there must be tons of instances where teams have a slowish start (it’s not like we’re down the bottom) and go on to win promotion either play offs or automatically. 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is it though, or do we just think it is because we’ve not seen a promotion in so long? I’m sure there must be tons of instances where teams have a slowish start (it’s not like we’re down the bottom) and go on to win promotion either play offs or automatically. 

Of course they do but surely we should be maximising our chances, Micky and the squad won't be worried and nor should they but the better teams won't now be looking to supplement their teams with 1 month loans like we are, if we take someone now and they have an hot month they'll likely just get recalled. In a week when FG signed Quigely and Caldwell to complement a strike force that already contains Doidge amongst others I'd describe our efforts at bringing someone in as disappointing.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bigtic1975 said:

Just imagine if we are fortunate enough to make the playoffs and get to the final and have the same opportunities as yesterday's match and we end up losing 

ok l have done and l can't see Garner or Norwood missing tbh

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course they do but surely we should be maximising our chances, Micky and the squad won't be worried and nor should they but the better teams won't now be looking to supplement their teams with 1 month loans like we are, if we take someone now and they have an hot month they'll likely just get recalled. In a week when FG signed Quigely and Caldwell to complement a strike force that already contains Doidge amongst others I'd describe our efforts at bringing someone in as disappointing.

I think we’re light too. I’d like to see Reid move on and someone else come in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Anyone we bring in now loan wise can be whipped away after a month, not much use to us.

And if the league is no good as some are saying then we should be challenging for the title, not trying to be in and around  the top seven.

It isn't just the league that isn't any good, we aren't and I'd be overjoyed if we get anywhere near the play offs but winning it? No chance.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

ok l have done and l can't see Garner or Norwood missing tbh

Can you imagine latics v Rochdale at Wembley in final?

Strong possibility of this happening if WE can get back into the playoff places.

The outcome would be discussed forevermore. 

15 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Can you imagine latics v Rochdale at Wembley in final?

Strong possibility of this happening if WE can get back into the playoff places.

The outcome would be discussed forevermore. 

If Dale beat us at Wembley I think I’d start following a different sport. 

• Like 2