Transfer Rumours 24/25

8 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

🤣🤣🤣
Unlike you, I don’t pretend to be able to second guess what the club is or is not planning to do. 

All day and that's the best you can come up with? Tut tut.

Half the forum is about speculating about stuff you dafty.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

All day and that's the best you can come up with? Tut tut.

Half the forum is about speculating about stuff you dafty.

Well clearly 9 hours is more than enough for your latest blinding insight.

Speculation is fine, except that you weren't speculating, were you? You said "Smart clubs generally have more than one target lined up" - well, who knew. Clear implication that we are not smart, ergo another opportunity to moan about MM/the board/Latics in general with a new season still in its infancy. What a sad and miserable outlook you have. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Might be worth bringing him back on loan?

Look what you could have won!

Why can't they see what's under their nose. Should have been given a few games last season with us when the season  was going tits up.

2 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Why can't they see what's under their nose. Should have been given a few games last season with us when the season  was going tits up.

I think he should have been given game time too but do you think it would have made him change his mind about signing the contract we offered?

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Doesn't mean he'd have stayed though. Can't blame the lad for taking a step up, if we bring outstanding prospects through then at fifth division level we will lose them and, frankly, there's sod all we can do about it 

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mick26 said:

Only because I've just googled him! Bit left field, are we in for him? Would rather have Tabby McTat!!!

Heard some entirely unsubstantiated chatter at the weekend that we might be... He's had a bit of interest from SPL teams, but wants to move closer to home, apparently. 

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Doesn't mean he'd have stayed though. Can't blame the lad for taking a step up, if he brings outstanding prospects through then at fifth division level we will lose them and, frankly, there's sod all we can do about it 

I think he means if he'd have made first team appearances, due to exposure it might have attracted larger bids. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I think he means if he'd have made first team appearances, due to exposure it might have attracted larger bids. 

We were only ever entitled to a training fee for him though weren't we?

Unless you mean we could have sold him in January?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There weren't any bids, large or small. He exercised his right to move under the compensation arrangements and there's nothing we could have done about it. Life's a bitch. I'd love to have seen him given a first team run.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There weren't any bids, large or small. He exercised his right to move under the compensation arrangements and there's nothing we could have done about it. Life's a bitch. I'd love to have seen him given a first team run.

Indeed. I’d guess that he was being watched for some time and would have known it. His ability and performances would have earned him plenty of offers making ours pretty redundant and probably just procedure to trigger the compensation payment. 

The only relevant question when it comes to him is would playing him last season have improved our league position? Who knows. 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It wasn't compensation it was a fee paid by Sheffield United, more than offered by rival bids. 

But the point stands he wasn't given first team exposure so we will never know who it would have attracted. 

27 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

We were only ever entitled to a training fee for him though weren't we?

Unless you mean we could have sold him in January?

No, an undisclosed  fee was paid after we turned down another. 

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Indeed. I’d guess that he was being watched for some time and would have known it. His ability and performances would have earned him plenty of offers making ours pretty redundant and probably just procedure to trigger the compensation payment. 

The only relevant question when it comes to him is would playing him last season have improved our league position? Who knows. 

A fee was agreed with Sheffield United. My opinion is he would have improved us with his dynamism, but we will never know.