Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

He was under contact till 30th June so probably all agreed before then. 

I'm struggling to believe that anyone bid for a player in May(?) who was out of contract in June, especially when his arrival at his new club wasn't announced until August (?). Why would they?  He'd have had his pick of whatever suitors there were come 1 July so I can't fathom why we'd have agreed to a deal unless it was more than the compensation formula and why he'd have agreed to as move to SU unless that was his choice of destination anyway.

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A fee was agreed with Sheffield United. My opinion is he would have improved us with his dynamism, but we will never know. 

What would have happened if we rejected Sheffield United’s or anyone else’s bid? 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm struggling to believe that anyone bid for a player in May(?) who was out of contract in June, especially when his arrival at his new club wasn't announced until August (?). Why would they?  He'd have had his pick of whatever suitors there were come 1 July so I can't fathom why we'd have agreed to a deal unless it was more than the compensation formula and why he'd have agreed to as move to SU unless that was his choice of destination anyway.

He was  also of interest to a Premierdhip club and a Championship club. 

Still under the old rules it could have gone to a tribunal for compensation.

As you know clubs rarely reveal transfer activity, but often sign players after long negotiations. 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What would have happened if we rejected Sheffield United’s or anyone else’s bid? 

Tribunal under the old system still in effect then. 

I was told he was welcome back here under the contract terms offered. 

Edited by BP1960

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He was  also of interest to a Premierdhip club and a Championship club. 

Still under the old rules it could have gone to a tribunal for compensation.

As you know clubs rarely reveal transfer activity, but often sign players after long negotiations. 

You appear to be very ITK here. How much did we get and how much would the formula compensation have been?

Just now, Dave_Og said:

You appear to be very ITK here. How much did we get and how much would the formula compensation have been?

This is the point I was trying to make. As far as I can see it’s based on years with the club and not first team appearances. Therefore playing him in the side probably wouldn’t affect any deal for him. However, I am very much not ITK when it comes to this subject and could be wrong so will back out!

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

take this with a pinch of ketamine but l was told £50K a 35% sell on fee, small add ons for one, ten and twenty five appearances and a percentage of anything else Sheff Utd make on him down the line when he moves around up the ladder..

On 8/31/2024 at 8:58 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

You're right about the window, but we can only sign free agents, short term loans or other NL players on a permanent now until January...

York signed a player from Cardiff today on a season long loan so looks like we can get Stones or another striker on the same basis?

13 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Really excited about Wigans match tomorrow.If Stones does well he'll probably stay at Wigan. If he has a bad game I guess he might come to us.

I reckon we'll know finally after tomorrow and we can all celebrate or move on.

is it ont' telly?

2 hours ago, Boyyou said:

We've done well there to get a fee for a player without a  contract. 

Who may go the same way as Simms Spencer, Philliskirk, Eaves and God knows how many others that were wooed by bigger clubs. Has Harry Vaughan done much in the last year?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Who may go the same way as Simms Spencer, Philliskirk, Eaves and God knows how many others that were wooed by bigger clubs. Has Harry Vaughan done much in the last year?

plays for Bristol City now. has anybody read their forum?

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

plays for Bristol City now. has anybody read their forum?

Does he? He had an unsuccessful loan spell at Bristol Rovers last season. His contract from when he left here would have expired by now but not seeing anything about a new one at Hull or anywhere else 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Does he? He had an unsuccessful loan spell at Bristol Rovers last season. His contract from when he left here would have expired by now but not seeing anything about a new one at Hull or anywhere else 

maybe l was confused!!!

struggling with this sobriety lark 🙄

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'll bet you he doesn't. 

More likely to go the Tarkowski way IMO.