Transfer Rumours 24/25

Going off topic in reply to who's the bigger club. Obviously Bournemouth have completely gone into opposite directions to Latics in recent times, but who of my generation would have had them down as bigger then us. Just shows with the right management and no little money invested what could have been from 1992 onwards. Just look at the Bournemouth training academy now!!

bfctrainingground-3.jpg.0f766f68180f762b67dcef7fca0fe663.jpg

Edited by Lags

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

Going off topic in reply to who's the bigger club. Obviously Bournemouth have completely gone into opposite directions to Latics in recent times, but who of my generation would have had them down as bigger then us. Just shows with the right management and no little money invested what could have been from 1992 onwards. Just look at the Bournemouth training academy now!!

EDIT: I thought I had attached the picture, nevermind

Friend is a  lifelong Bournemouth fan. Went with him to watch a relegation battle at Chester in 2009 (I think) which Chester lost and were then relegated. We were a comfortable mid table Lge1 side then.

Aah the contrast in fortunes.

On 9/10/2024 at 3:22 PM, Lags said:

my lad hates bournemouth out of pure jealousy!!!

On 9/10/2024 at 3:22 PM, Lags said:

Some say Alan Hardy and Ian Stott were our saviours.

They didn’t have the commercial accumen.

59 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

What I mean is that when we were in our pomp there wasn’t any vision from the board.

We missed the boat, massively.

Maybe, who knows what was available.  I suspect that our location in the shadow of the big clubs was an issue.  Limits the catchment area in a way that doesn't apply to clubs outside the traditional heartlands

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe, who knows what was available.  I suspect that our location in the shadow of the big clubs was an issue.  Limits the catchment area in a way that doesn't apply to clubs outside the traditional heartlands

Yep. Our successful period was just before the madness of the Russian Oligarchs and dodgy human rights abusing regimes buying football teams.