Transfer Rumours 24/25

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Wigan are playing one upfront generally Hugill and Stones is about fourth choice at the minute and not even making the matchday squads, I'm pretty sure he'll be off somewhere in the coming weeks, let's hope it's to BP to link up with Norwood.

Having Norwood/Stones and Fondop/Garner to choose from would be an exciting prospect, both partnerships linked up well for spells last season.

Not only that, an injury to one of the forwards leaves us really short again. It will be a few weeks until Norwood and Garner are at peak fitness IMO. We do need another body (assuming Reid has been written off) and Stones offers something none of the others can. 

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Has he done anything to warrant that attention, genuinely?

I can understand why he's being looked at given he's probably four years away from his prime, he's been unfortunate that we've signed two very good players in his favoured position and then asked him to fill a role he isn't really going to excel in, I've said it numerous times, he'll do just fine further up when he's somebody else's signing. 

59 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Might be Bradford City or Crewe. Both semi-local and both in L2. Whilst County may have been sniffing, I'd be surprised if he's deemed good enough for a top 6 L1 side at this stage in his career.

Crewe get smaller attendances than we do.

He must have one hell of an agent if he gets a move to Stockport.

Don't get me wrong I actually quite like him he's a solid enough back up centre back should anything happen to the ones we currently have, but he's certainly not in the best 11 right now so I don't know how he will get much football in L1 or L2 right now.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He must have one hell of an agent if he gets a move to Stockport.

Don't get me wrong I actually quite like him he's a solid enough back up centre back should anything happen to the ones we currently have, but he's certainly not in the best 11 right now so I don't know how he will get much football in L1 or L2 right know. 

He will be a far better player in a couple of years time, it's not always about now. 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He will be a far better player in a couple of years time, it's not always about now. 

I get that and that's why I'd keep him. I just think if he's going to get regular game time (which is what he needs more than anything at this stage in his career) then a move upwards where his opportunities are going to be more difficult wouldn't be the right choice for him whereas a move downwards or sideways is where he will get more opportunities.

Edited by GlossopLatic

He really needs game time. With Ogle moving into the centre he's our third choice sub. If he can get game time at a higher level that would be win win.

I don't think he's played a game at centre half since we were relegated, although the spell at RB/RWB will have been good for his development it would be really good for him to get game time in his strongest position. 

10 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

He really needs game time. With Ogle moving into the centre he's our third choice sub. If he can get game time at a higher level that would be win win.

I don't think he's played a game at centre half since we were relegated, although the spell at RB/RWB will have been good for his development it would be really good for him to get game time in his strongest position. 

If he has not played there since we were relegated, then how would you know it is his strongest position?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Got the physical attributes but miles off it technically, no reason he can't have a good career on the local non league scene.

Agreed.

People excusing his poor performances "because he's not a right back" are forgetting his car crash performances when he did play CB...

He's absolutely miles behind any of our current CB's and even further behind RB filling in there.

If he does go further up the pyramid, fair play, I hope he goes on to have a top career .... but he's absolutely nowhere near our first team as it stands.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Agreed.

People excusing his poor performances "because he's not a right back" are forgetting his car crash performances when he did play CB...

He's absolutely miles behind any of our current CB's and even further behind RB filling in there.

If he does go further up the pyramid, fair play, I hope he goes on to have a top career .... but he's absolutely nowhere near our first team as it stands.

That's exactly what Wigan think about Stones.