Transfer Rumours 24/25

9 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I’m in Spain at the moment and just been told by a Burnley fan friend over here that Burnley have just signed our young player Jesse Williams. 

Burnley also bid for Alfie Atherton, but I understand Sheffield United’s offer was better. 

21 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Agreed.

People excusing his poor performances "because he's not a right back" are forgetting his car crash performances when he did play CB...

He's absolutely miles behind any of our current CB's and even further behind RB filling in there.

If he does go further up the pyramid, fair play, I hope he goes on to have a top career .... but he's absolutely nowhere near our first team as it stands.

How do you know? he was raw when he last played centre back. Being shoved to right back really hindered his progress IMO. 

Centre backs like Centre forwards often mature in their mid twenties, look how Cameroon Burgess progressed. 

It would be no surprise to me to see him in the EFL one day. 

As said he's not going to get much game time here and I can understand that with our very good back 3, but he well might well go straight in at an EFL club if they are short of central defenders. 

• Like 1