Transfer Rumours 24/25

9 hours ago, JoeP said:

What do you expect him to do?  Tear up his own contract for us?

I would have expected him to have been abit more proactive in terms oflooking for another club if to atleast go out on loan he's been out of favour for about a year now. I'm sure if he'd turned round to Mellon and said look help me get out on loan atleast then he'd already be out the door you'd expect a club lower down in this league or a top ove for the league below to want him. 

It's a different world but if my boss starts dropping strong hints they don't want me at my job I'm contacting everyone on LinkedIn for a new job and probably handing in my notice within 3 months. 

It's best for everyone (but mostly for him) that he moves on.

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I would have expected him to have been abit more proactive in terms oflooking for another club if to atleast go out on loan he's been out of favour for about a year now. I'm sure if he'd turned round to Mellon and said look help me get out on loan atleast then he'd already be out the door you'd expect a club lower down in this league or a top ove for the league below to want him. 

It's a different world but if my boss starts dropping strong hints they don't want me at my job I'm contacting everyone on LinkedIn for a new job and probably handing in my notice within 3 months. 

How do you know it is best for him? Maybe he's happy and settled where he is.

15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

With due respect to him at 29 his career has probably already peaked.

If that’s true then he needs to play. The only way he plays is with a move….he needs to go!!

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Primarily it's best for the club.

If you're earning the best money you're ever going to earn, I'm sure you'd put up with your boss dropping strong hints...especially when it's only going to be for the relative short-term. 

Reid has the right to do exactly what he wants for the remainder of his contract - from the outside it looks like he's working hard and has even come in from the cold a little bit. The club can have no complaints and are going to have to take it on the chin.  He's probably lined up in next move in the summer, probably on much lower wages.

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Primarily it's best for the club.

If you're earning the best money you're ever going to earn, I'm sure you'd put up with your boss dropping strong hints...especially when it's only going to be for the relative short-term. 

Reid has the right to do exactly what he wants for the remainder of his contract - from the outside it looks like he's working hard and has even come in from the cold a little bit. The club can have no complaints and are going to have to take it on the chin.  He's probably lined up in next move in the summer, probably on much lower wages.

If he goes out on loan he won't have to take any drop in wages and gets to play. WinWin.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nice story but nobody is willing to pay Reid anywhere near what we are so he's just picking up the money and staying as fit as he can, he's going to struggle to pick up half of what we give him so the fact he's not wanted isn't really going to bother him, he's just playing the game which he's entitled to do.

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He may well be "just playing the game" but it's not doing his career much good.

Staying somewhere you're not wanted is daft when you could be appreciated at another club on subsidised wages.

If he's good enough now, he'll be good enough in May.  Someone will take him on then regardless of what he does between now and then..

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Nice story but nobody is willing to pay Reid anywhere near what we are so he's just picking up the money and staying as fit as he can, he's going to struggle to pick up half of what we give him so the fact he's not wanted isn't really going to bother him, he's just playing the game which he's entitled to do.

A loan would be good for both club & player. His current wages are irrelevant……

Any sort of contribution to his salary would be a result because he ain’t playing for us anymore.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JoeP said:

If he's good enough now, he'll be good enough in May.  Someone will take him on then regardless of what he does between now and then..

It's not a good look when a club struggling to score and with only one fit forward kept you on the bench until it was absolutely necessary to figure.

I watched him on Tuesday and, goal apart, he showed little interest which is hardly endearing for a future employer.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Again he can go out on loan like Willoughby and Nuttall.

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Again he can go out on loan like Willoughby and Nuttall.

Depends who wants him though, it's his prerogative and he's more than entitled to pick up the inflated contract someone put in front of him. He'll pick a club up no problem in the summer and will do a good job for someone in the NL.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Depends who wants him though, it's his prerogative and he's more than entitled to pick up the inflated contract someone put in front of him. He'll pick a club up no problem in the summer and will do a good job for someone in the NL.

Yes it’s his choice, however, up to 18 months out of competitive football will have done him no favours whatsoever!

• Like 1