Transfer Rumours 24/25

11 hours ago, daniel said:

Alex Reid off to Wealdstone. 

As he clearly wasn't going to play, I'm glad we've got (some of) his wage off the books.

In a front two and with the right service I think he's a decent striker at this level, but I don't think he offers as much to a Mellon team and squad as Fondop, Norwood and Garner do despite being a good finisher.

The frustrating thing is that none of that matters as clearly one stupid incident sealed his fate with Mellon.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

As he clearly wasn't going to play, I'm glad we've got (some of) his wage off the books.

In a front two and with the right service I think he's a decent striker at this level, but I don't think he offers as much to a Mellon team and squad as Fondop, Norwood and Garner do despite being a good finisher.

The frustrating thing is that none of that matters as clearly one stupid incident sealed his fate with Mellon.

Looking forward to seeing what Garner offers at some stage, hopefully before his contract runs out...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

it wasn't just one incident, he had already been warned at least once.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Looking forward to seeing what Garner offers at some stage, hopefully before his contract runs out...

And be nice to see Norwood… I think it could be time to get rid. Don’t want to trigger a new contract if he can’t keep for and will be another year older. Loan him higher hopefully they pay full whack of wages and spend it else where .

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I wonder if lightnings about to strike twice?

Clearly doesn't suffer fools lightly and anyone, no matter who they think they are, will be sent packing before they get the chance to undermine his authority and stand in the way of what he's trying to achieve?

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd have to think it was more than one incident for it to have been treated as it has been, especially as he got back into the first team picture even if only as an unused substitute.  A consistent one in three striker at this level, no worldbeater but that record isn't too shabby.

40 minutes ago, latics22 said:

And be nice to see Norwood… I think it could be time to get rid. Don’t want to trigger a new contract if he can’t keep for and will be another year older. Loan him higher hopefully they pay full whack of wages and spend it else where .

Given his previous L1 club wouldn't match our offer and he's now older and injury prone I'd say the chances of that happening are precisely nil.

4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agree with this. He doesn't bring much else to the table, and a look at his career shows he doesn't ever settle at any club.

Thought he was decent at times during the back half of 2022-23 and the Steve Thompson mini-run last term. MM demands much more in terms of off the ball movement and work rate than what he's capable of.

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a good shout, I've always thought Cook could play further forward as well in a CDM role, Latics fan as well.

Didnt know he was a Latics fan . But he has always impressed me when we have played them . And when  I have seen there games . Very good in the air , 100% committed player . Would play him in back 3 or 4 but at the moment would play him as you suggested in a CDM role.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Didnt know he was a Latics fan . But he has always impressed me when we have played them . And when  I have seen there games . Very good in the air , 100% committed player . Would play him in back 3 or 4 but at the moment would play him as you suggested in a CDM role.

Let’s not play a CB in CDM again. Brings back horrible nightmares of Harrison McGahey. 

• Like 1