Transfer Rumours 24/25

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

And be nice to see Norwood… I think it could be time to get rid. Don’t want to trigger a new contract if he can’t keep for and will be another year older. Loan him higher hopefully they pay full whack of wages and spend it else where .

Was wondering about this. I don't think we want Norwood on the wage bill next season given he has proved useless to us thus far this season.

At what point is an extension beyond this season triggered? 🤔

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Been to watch a lot of young players and hoping something comes of an attacking midfielder who reminded me of Neil Kilkenny in style. 

How young?

Looking at the 1st team squad at the moment then I don't think we need any more players however if we are looking at taking a 17/18/19 year old who could be a project for the next couple of years then that could be a good option.

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

How young?

Looking at the 1st team squad at the moment then I don't think we need any more players however if we are looking at taking a 17/18/19 year old who could be a project for the next couple of years then that could be a good option.

19yo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Been to watch a lot of young players and hoping something comes of an attacking midfielder who reminded me of Neil Kilkenny in style. 

BP Any chance you could find us a youNg Ronnie Blair ? 

36 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

BP Any chance you could find us a youNg Ronnie Blair ? 

Been looking can't find any, I think they've disappeared from the game now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Good news.

If he stays fit I'd wager he will be our top scorer again come the end of April

Not difficult to achieve really with the current competition in the front line 

3 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Oldham in talks with 21 year old Mazeed Ogungbo. The left footed centre half came through Arsenals youth and is currently at Barrow. Looking to get someone in on a loan move as cover for Hobson.

Sounds like cover for Monthe to me.

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Hopefully, he looked terrible. 

Yet some on here claimed he looked good against Stoke u21. 

I'm happy to stick my hand up and claim he looked good in the non-game. Looked after the ball well and can dribble. It's a game of opinions innit? They announced him on non-contract terms. Perhaps they saw enough and he's not what we need, don't know if he's still around or not.

15 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm happy to stick my hand up and claim he looked good in the non-game. Looked after the ball well and can dribble. It's a game of opinions innit? They announced him on non-contract terms. Perhaps they saw enough and he's not what we need, don't know if he's still around or not.

He didn’t look bad in that game to me. 👍

18 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He looked fine, in no way was he terrible. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

7 goals in League 1 over the last two seasons, whilst poor for League 1, entitles him to a chance in the national league. 
He won’t have had a pre-season, so in a months time he’ll hopefully have settled in and gets a chance to show what he can do.

At that point we’ll see what he’s got to offer

9 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

7 goals in League 1 over the last two seasons, whilst poor for League 1, entitles him to a chance in the national league. 
He won’t have had a pre-season, so in a months time he’ll hopefully have settled in and gets a chance to show what he can do.

At that point we’ll see what he’s got to offer

Will we? Is he still here?

Ive gotta question if we need so many attacking players who are not out and out goalscorers. 

For me only charsley is a guaranteed starter from any of our forward thinking players. 

Fondop

Norwood

Khan

Stretton

Drummond

Hammond

Lundstram 

Garner

None have really proven themselves this year enough to cement a spot. Id love them to step up and prove me wrong but we seem to have a squad full of squad players, in an attacking sense at least, rather than league winners. 

4 minutes ago, philliggi said:

Ive gotta question if we need so many attacking players who are not out and out goalscorers. 

For me only charsley is a guaranteed starter from any of our forward thinking players. 

Fondop

Norwood

Khan

Stretton

Drummond

Hammond

Lundstram 

Garner

None have really proven themselves this year enough to cement a spot. Id love them to step up and prove me wrong but we seem to have a squad full of squad players, in an attacking sense at least, rather than league winners. 

Lundy's certainly upped his game this season. 👍

Edited by Bobledgersheart