Transfer Rumours 24/25

31 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

2nd in the league for assists. Absolutely deserves a place in the lineup. 

Please, can we not let facts get in the way of this? He can be frustrating to watch, I imagine his pass completion rate is fairly low but that, at least in part, is because he is ambitious in his passing range and he's nearly always trying to move us forward, or play the killer ball. Given their level of goal involvements it's scary that we could have lost both Fondop and Gardner.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Please, can we not let facts get in the way of this? He can be frustrating to watch, I imagine his pass completion rate is fairly low but that, at least in part, is because he is ambitious in his passing range and he's nearly always trying to move us forward, or play the killer ball. Given their level of goal involvements it's scary that we could have lost both Fondop and Gardner.

I like Gardner but he can't do the closing down role t hat Charsley. Lundstram or Hammond does and I cringe everytime he looks backwards when passing as he's gifted plenty of chances doing this.

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

of all the nonsensical stats that modern football has become obsessed with the completed passes one must be right up there.  I dare say that those with access to all the relevant data have enough information to interpret it properly but I doubt if the rest of us care whether two centre backs have played the ball a few dozen times between them while making zero progress up the pitch.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I like Gardner but he can't do the closing down role t hat Charsley. Lundstram or Hammond does and I cringe everytime he looks backwards when passing as he's gifted plenty of chances doing this.

Gardner would absolutely smash this league but for time catching up with him,

He's still got more than enough upstairs as have Garner and Norwood 

Each need to play their part for what is their last season's at the club.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Needs to have a 'while going forwards' suffix to that stat.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Which I imagine is included in the stats packages that the coaches have access to

There will be stats out there for completed forward passes. We don't necessarily need to know how it all works just the people who use it do and aslong as they are using it to make us better then that's fine.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

There will be stats out there for completed forward passes. We don't necessarily need to know how it all works just the people who use it do and aslong as they are using it to make us better then that's fine.

Totally agree - it just gets my goat a little when people who don't have that level of understanding propound stats as if they have and they are some sort of guru

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

How did teams manage without analysts before the 2000s when no one counted passes or monitored how many miles they had run?

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How did teams manage without analysts before the 2000s when no one counted passes or monitored how many miles they had run?

Because they were on a (very muddy) level playing field - not at Boundary Park obviously!  Nowadays, marginal advantages matter and they have to try to find them wherever they may exist.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Because all clubs didn’t have analysts. 

It’s like saying they don’t need to worry about the weight and specification of an F1 car as they raced them previously. 

Of course it matters, like someone said the marginal gains have a huge impact when you are talking about high performance. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Probably in the same way we managed without smartphones, alas here we all are now talking to each other on them.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

same people moan about Gardner are the same people who think theyre making a contribution by conplaining about sideways 'crab' passes. theyre just copying what they have heard and tryna look clever.

Edited by Monty Burns
*look

38 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

same people moan about Gardner are the same people who think theyre making a contribution by conplaining about sideways 'crab' passes. theyre just copying what they have heard and tryna look clever.

This is the most successful period for our club since what LJ in 2013 ? I wish people would stop moaning and enjoy it. 

Bloody Dave on the pod came over like Halifax had spanked us 3-0. Let’s enjoy the wins! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Based on Mellons comments, the following are injured: Hobson, Dolan, Khan, Charsley, Garner. 

Khan isn’t injured. Was the 19th man on Saturday involved with the full warm up. 

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

Khan isn’t injured. Was the 19th man on Saturday involved with the full warm up. 

Cheers. I also missed Hammond off the list as he also wasn’t involved. 

My mate actually watched Wales u21s and Hammond played left wing back, surprisingly. 

Apparently he looked quite good in that role. 

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So Charsley was another victim of that tin pot game against Stoke, thought they were keeping it quiet.

Bigger loss than Hobson if so.

Midfield of Conlon, Charsley and Lundstram is more than good enough. 

47 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So Charsley was another victim of that tin pot game against Stoke, thought they were keeping it quiet.

The next one is in between the away games at Tranmere and Barnet. Christ knows what team we'll be forced to play given we're currently down to bare bones apparently.

Barnet will be nice and rested though...

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Did he look injured when he got sent off?  Maybe something happened in training