Transfer Rumours 24/25

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

The only two at the time of DR’s interview who weren’t getting any minutes was Sutton and Reid. A few weeks later Micky is in the Oldham times saying- we’re light on numbers. 

Doesn’t make any sense. 

The only reason we’re playing in it is for the money. Which you can understand to a point. I wish they would just say that, rather than give us nonsensical sound bites. 

The over arching question is simply this, should short term cash flow come over the ultimate aim? As a fan, I would say no. But it’s easy for me to say as it’s not my millions funding the club. 

The keeper, stretton, Danny G hadn't played in the last few games, charsley was coming back from injury, they obviously used it as a chance to get a look at that winger from fgr. These are all players that you would expect to play BCD friendlies

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Bad one this. Serious jail time if convicted, especially because he has previous. Chestefield fans reckon that's the end of him at Saltergate.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

You obviously didn't get the memo. 

"This is the type of player we should be signing" 

As a player he's brilliant, that goes without saying but who are we to be judgemental after some of the baggage carriers we've been linked with and have actually played for us

16 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Bad one this. Serious jail time if convicted, especially because he has previous. Chestefield fans reckon that's the end of him at Saltergate.

GBH without intent: "Magistrates’ Courts may impose a maximum sentence of 6 months’ imprisonment. However, in the Crown Court, the maximum sentence can be up to five years."

🤫 Don't tell shitpeas!

Edited by LaticMark
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Any potential consequences in respect of Drummond getting recalled as a result of this?

On 10/15/2024 at 2:55 PM, LightDN123 said:

This is the most successful period for our club since what LJ in 2013 ? I wish people would stop moaning and enjoy it. 

Bloody Dave on the pod came over like Halifax had spanked us 3-0. Let’s enjoy the wins! 

? We are in non league. It's the most unsuccessful period for our club in about 120 years.

13 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

? We are in non league. It's the most unsuccessful period for our club in about 120 years.

No but it's our best chance of getting a promotion in nearly 2 decades.

When the Rothwells came in the place was a hell hole. They inherited a shell of a football club and a scratch team we've made progress both on and off the pitch even if people aren't yet recognising it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

No but it's our best chance of getting a promotion in nearly 2 decades.

When the Rothwells came in the place was a hell hole. They inherited a shell of a football club and a scratch team we've made progress both on and off the pitch even if people aren't yet recognising it.

Everybody recognises it but also see alot of wasted opportunities that could hinder that coming to fruition 

The only nailed on chance is if Norwood gets his head out of his arse and scores 20 goals or more and then we're up

• Like 1

6 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

A chance but BP’s prodigy James Berry has made that left wing spot his own

I'm not sure he has, was reading some stuff on their forum (not a habit of mine) that sounded like he was struggling to keep fit/last games etc and didn't seem to have a great attitude. Just doubting myself but it's under the thread 'Berry Unfit Or Lazy?'  😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Everybody recognises it but also see alot of wasted opportunities that could hinder that coming to fruition 

The only nailed on chance is if Norwood gets his head out of his arse and scores 20 goals or more and then we're up

Yes we miss a few chances but we are creating so many it's so refreshing we've won 5 of the last 6 things and only lost 1 in the last 10, things are good. 

Do you know what if I was to make a prediction right now I think we will just miss out on promotion but it's going to be great ride a long the way.

We've got a good side that playing good football and is winning and all some people want to do is whine about James Norwood. It's going to be ok. We've suffered enough crap watching teams toil against relegation for the last 3 decades. Well we won't this season we are going to watch a team that challenges for promotion and might even win it, and if we don't the clubs in steady hands and will be able to go again and challenge again next season.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes we miss a few chances but we are creating so many it's so refreshing we've won 5 of the last 6 things and only lost 1 in the last 10, things are good. 

Do you know what if I was to make a prediction right now I think we will just miss out on promotion but it's going to be great ride a long the way.

We've got a good side that playing good football and is winning and all some people want to do is whine about James Norwood. It's going to be ok. We've suffered enough crap watching teams toil against relegation for the last 3 decades. Well we won't this season we are going to watch a team that challenges for promotion and might even win it, and if we don't the clubs in steady hands and will be able to again next season.

We haven't got enough goals in us and as we witnessed against Solihull, if our back line has the occasional off day, we lose, 

As things stand, we're going to be hanging on to any 1 nil lead and hoping we keep the opposition out, this will be the case until we find a way to kill games off.

Norwood firing on all cylinders would be a massive help and possibly enough to get us over the line.

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We haven't got enough goals in us and as we witnessed against Solihull, if our back line has the occasional off day, we lose, 

As things stand, we're going to be hanging on to any 1 nil lead and hoping we keep the opposition out, this will be the case until we find a way to kill games off.

Norwood firing on all cylinders would be a massive help and possibly enough to get us over the line.

We scored 4 goals in our last game we've got goals in us.

Our Defense is as strong as any in the league it will have the odd off day but it won't be often we ship 3 in a game.

Is it because we've gone so long without getting promoted everyone is now putting what a promotion winning team looks like on a pedestal?

The fact is teams that go up this season won't be without fault somewhere. We will lose games we will have the odd blip between now and the end of the season but so will the teams around us.

We should appreciate that this is a good team for this level.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is it because we've gone so long without getting promoted everyone is now putting what a promotion winning team looks like on a pedestal?

Yes. Promotion comes in all shapes and sizes but the only ones most Oldham fans have seen is consistent top 3 seasons. 

That and a self preservation mechanism to prevent dreams being shattered. Again. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We've got a good side that playing good football and is winning and all some people want to do is whine about James Norwood. It's going to be ok. We've suffered enough crap watching teams toil against relegation for the last 3 decades. Well we won't this season we are going to watch a team that challenges for promotion and might even win it, and if we don't the clubs in steady hands and will be able to again next season.

It just feels to me that although we're in no way the finished article, you just have a sense of the pieces starting to fit now. I'm in agreement wih you, unless we go on a sensational run of straight wins, a play-off spot seems far more likely. I think we have the right man at the helm if it comes to that; MM's play-off record is excellent.

Just on chances created, spurned and absence of being dismantled by a leisure centre at home (Solihull's score flattered them) points towards progress. Plenty of shit performances will still be dotted around our campaign, but there will be a few days like last Saturday amongst them too.

• Like 4