Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It just feels to me that although we're in no way the finished article, you just have a sense of the pieces starting to fit now. I'm in agreement wih you, unless we go on a sensational run of straight wins, a play-off spot seems far more likely. I think we have the right man at the helm if it comes to that; MM's play-off record is excellent.

Just on chances created, spurned and absence of being dismantled by a leisure centre at home (Solihull's score flattered them) points towards progress. Plenty of shit performances will still be dotted around our campaign, but there will be a few days like last Saturday amongst them too.

This is about where I'm at, big games at Barnet and Rochdale in a few weeks will give an indication as to whether we can push on to automatic promotion.

I personally can't have us outside the playoffs and I'm hopeful we can finish top 3, we've played some good football this season and some really good football for 30 or 40 minute spells, IF we can do that consistently we've nobody to fear other than ourselves, everyone seems united (sorry) this season and it's showing in the performances on a Saturday afternoon.

We've been unfortunate with injuries so far and with a little more luck we could have another half dozen points on the board but we are well in the mix along with Barnet, FG, York and Rochdale, along with ourselves I feel this will be the top 5.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

*We scored 4 goals in our last game*

Our Defense is as strong as any in the league it will have the odd off day but it won't be often we ship 3 in a game.

Is it because we've gone so long without getting promoted everyone is now putting what a promotion winning team looks like on a pedestal?

The fact is teams that go up this season won't be without fault somewhere. We will lose games we will have the odd blip between now and the end of the season but so will the teams around us.

We should appreciate that this is a good team for this level.

It wasn't in the league, let's see if we can get more than 1 today 👍

29 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It wasn't in the league, let's see if we can get more than 1 today 👍

We still scored 2 in our last league defeat, missed a shit load of ridiculous chances and still didn’t play great. Score 2 every week and we win most weeks with our defence. 

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

We still scored 2 in our last league defeat, missed a shit load of ridiculous chances and still didn’t play great. Score 2 every week and we win most weeks with our defence. 

I know we did but let's see if there's going to be more consistency before we get too far ahead of ourselves 

4 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I know we did but let's see if there's going to be more consistency before we get too far ahead of ourselves 

I definitely don’t see too many getting carried away with themselves but I would say we have been very consistent this season, in that we miss a lot of chances in general so I don’t actually think creativity is the issue at all, it’s being more clinical thats been the issue for me. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

No but it's our best chance of getting a promotion in nearly 2 decades.

When the Rothwells came in the place was a hell hole. They inherited a shell of a football club and a scratch team we've made progress both on and off the pitch even if people aren't yet recognising it.

Agreed Glossop. I was merely trying to put things into context. Some say some are being too negative. Others think the positive spin is ott. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. We are in non league so it can never be seen as "the most successful period since 2013 etc"; that's just incorrect.

I hope we beat these comfortably today because we should be doing.

5 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Not sure how much more consistency you want, but that today summed our season up. Played well and deserved to win, created loads of chances and missed a load again. Once again creativity not the problem. 

4 hours ago, daniel said:

Not sure how much more consistency you want, but that today summed our season up. Played well and deserved to win, created loads of chances and missed a load again. Once again creativity not the problem. 

Didn't see the game or get a chance to look how things were going as we're away at present but overjoyed to see any kind of win let alone the one we got.

Like everyone I'm over the moon and wanting to believe we're in with a shout of going up, being down here has never sat right with me and it's a weight I want lifted.

We all deserve it and the manager and players are certainly going for it.