Transfer Rumours 24/25

4 hours ago, LaticsEddie said:

2 ways to look at that- Great attitude, wants to prove himself and get his form back or he's on a decent wedge here and knows he wont get that elsewhere. Time will tell.

Seemed to me that whenever he played he was used out of his best position and asked to play an unfamiliar role. The goals at Chester came from him playing as a forward., will MM go with him in a 2?

4 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What if location was more important than money? Can you suggest how we’d compete in that department?

Not ambitious enough from the club, bet they didn't even consider the option of moving the training ground to Jarrow

• Like 8

Chatting with a Wigan fan last night, he seems to think Stones will be a big part of their plans next season and he'd be surprised if they let him leave.

31 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Chatting with a Wigan fan last night, he seems to think Stones will be a big part of their plans next season and he'd be surprised if they let him leave.

Agree, 0-1% chance he'll come back. It's a shame. There's an alternative universe where Stones stayed fit and fired us back into the Football League. But in this universe the all too brief Stones era has passed and we need to move on.

• Like 1

Agree re Stones.

MM said that we have a number of players we are looking at - we need to be patient and trust that the right players move on and the right players come in.

Having secured Reagan Ogle, I reckon we could see as few as four additional signings. 
Full back, Midfield, Striker, Winger and that’s your lot!

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree re Stones.

MM said that we have a number of players we are looking at - we need to be patient and trust that the right players move on and the right players come in.

Having secured Reagan Ogle, I reckon we could see as few as four additional signings. 

If Green and Atherton are signed maybe less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree re Stones.

It's likely it will be double that we've just let 10 go. 6 or 7 good signings should easily see us into the top 7 mind.

26 minutes ago, mick26 said:

I think we need better than Green, hope MM does too.

That might be true but I felt we nearly always looked a better team when Green was playing. I'm convinced that the threat of his pace stretched the oppo and gave our other players more space. The same was true of Reid but that ship has sailed.

In the 16 games Green started we won 6, drew 8, lost 2. Not amazing but better than we managed without him. If we'd replicated that Green Team return (1.625 ppg) over the course of the season we would have made the play offs (75pts). Also worth noting we didn't win another game after he bowed out for the season.

I'd be happy to see him back but if not him then it's imperative that his replacement also has pace to burn, and I'm sure others will say a better end product than Devarn was always able to provide. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

That might be true but I felt we nearly always looked a better team when Green was playing. I'm convinced that the threat of his pace stretched the oppo and gave our other players more space. The same was true of Reid but that ship has sailed.

In the 16 games Green started we won 6, drew 8, lost 2. Not amazing but better than we managed without him. If we'd replicated that Green Team return (1.625 ppg) over the course of the season we would have made the play offs (75pts). Also worth noting we didn't win another game after he bowed out for the season.

I'd be happy to see him back but if not him then it's imperative that his replacement also has pace to burn, and I'm sure others will say a better end product than Devarn was always able to provide. 

I don't mind Green, would give us an option. Think he's another confidence player capable of doing most full-backs in this league for pace but doesn't always go for it. 
Grabbed some important goals for us and the odd assistant if he doesn't chew up too much in wages he might be useful to have in and around the squad. It would be nice to sign some really quality wide men. 

1 hour ago, bluehobbit said:

I don't mind Green, would give us an option. Think he's another confidence player capable of doing most full-backs in this league for pace but doesn't always go for it. 
Grabbed some important goals for us and the odd assistant if he doesn't chew up too much in wages he might be useful to have in and around the squad. It would be nice to sign some really quality wide men. 

Green gives us a bit of variation but he's injury prone so a risk if he's our only wide option.

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I don't mind Green when fit but that's the elephant in the room for me, when fit. I think we will need to be a lot more savvy with the budget this year if we are to do anything. Unless he's on a pay as you play deal it's a no for me. I'd be looking for somebody to replace him that's more likely to play more games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OAFC1981 said:

I don't mind Green when fit but that's the elephant in the room for me, when fit. I think we will need to be a lot more savvy with the budget this year if we are to do anything. Unless he's on a pay as you play deal it's a no for me. I'd be looking for somebody to replace him that's more likely to play more games.

Ended up leading assists with 6 despite only playing 26 games & starting 20. The top assists in the league finished with 16 assists and played 45 games. 

Think he would be a decent player to get back personally. Provides that raw pace not many have in this league. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Ended up leading assists with 6 despite only playing 26 games & starting 20. The top assists in the league finished with 16 assists and played 45 games. 

Think he would be a decent player to get back personally. Provides that raw pace not many have in this league. 

It says a lot that our only wide man wasn’t kept on. We desperately need width and pace, and yet we didn’t find room in the budget for him. 

He falls into the Mikey bracket for me, useful as a squad player- but with a tighter budget and so many under contract we need better than a squad player. 

• Like 1

If we are looking for a winger I'd take a punt on Sam Osborne who's left Buxton, fast, good ball control and an eye for goal.

No fee to pay and he wont be on big money.

It will be interesting to see where he goes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adamoafc said:

If we don't resign him I would expect him to stay in the NL, those kind of stats don't go unnoticed these days and he's played against plenty of teams in the division. He did have an injury disrupted season last year but I don't recall similar problems in 22/23. Don't know what his fitness record was like before that.