Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

If we don't resign him I would expect him to stay in the NL, those kind of stats don't go unnoticed these days and he's played against plenty of teams in the division. He did have an injury disrupted season last year but I don't recall similar problems in 22/23. Don't know what his fitness record was like before that.

I don't think it's fair to describe him as injury prone.  One season with a few issues but before that 30+ games in less than a year for Telford, 50+ on less than 2 years with Scunthorpe and 50+ with Southport in c. 18 months.  They're not perennial sicknote stats

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't think it's fair to describe him as injury prone.  One season with a few issues but before that 30+ games in less than a year for Telford, 50+ on less than 2 years with Scunthorpe and 50+ with Southport in c. 18 months.  They're not perennial sicknote stats

He did seem to stay down after tackles quite a bit during the season but unless there's better lined up I'd keep him.

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He was only wide player . . and he wasn’t even deemed good for a squad place. 

If he was rated, he would’ve been offered a deal. 

It's clear there are constraints - as there should be.  Who knows, he may be offered a deal if we shift some of the ones that we know we want to shift

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's clear there are constraints - as there should be.  Who knows, he may be offered a deal if we shift some of the ones that we know we want to shift

Aye, maybe. 

It’s either- 

We don’t think you’re good enough to warrant offering a deal with the constraints we have. 

or

‘We might be able to offer you something if others leave’ 

Neither is a ringing endorsement, and it says an awful lot about how much the manager rates him. Personally I think he’s a squad player at best, and we can’t afford to carry them anymore. Hence the position he finds himself in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Aye, maybe. 

It’s either- 

We don’t think you’re good enough to warrant offering a deal with the constraints we have. 

or

‘We might be able to offer you something if others leave’ 

Neither is a ringing endorsement, and it says an awful lot about how much the manager rates him. Personally I think he’s a squad player at best, and we can’t afford to carry them anymore. Hence the position he finds himself in. 

We can't afford to carry squad players?  We certainly need a strong XI but we can't play the same XI every week.  Carrying no, having alternatives within the squad yes.  Can't say I have particularly strong view on Green but he's certainly got something to offer

1 hour ago, Handsy said:

If we want to go up we need to sign better than green 

It does feel like he along with a few others fall into that category of competent players at National League level but ones who might not get you out of it. You could put Sheron and Hogan in that category too along with the likes of Fondop and Gardner. It could be a case of using them as squad players.

The preferred formation is going to have an impact too. We built the squad based on a 3-5-2 last season as a result we didn't have any wingers. If we go with 4 at the back which could give us the flexibility to go 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 then we will probably need to atleast sign 3 wingers/wide forwards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Handsy said:

I really don't understand the negativity around Green.

Some of our best performances came last season when he was playing. 

His stats as in the previous message stack up well against most.

I usually take a mate or 2 to Southern games and those that have seen him play have always said he looked a threat.....at Barnet, Woking when he came on and Maidenhead before coming off injured for example.

I'd 100% keep him before plenty of others.....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I really don't understand the negativity around Green.

Some of our best performances came last season when he was playing. 

His stats as in the previous message stack up well against most.

I usually take a mate or 2 to Southern games and those that have seen him play have always said he looked a threat.....at Barnet, Woking when he came on and Maidenhead before coming off injured for example.

I'd 100% keep him before plenty of others.....

I’m not being negative  green is just ok.  He was part of a team that fell way short of what is required to get out of this league  he’s out of contract so I would look to upgrade 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I’m not being negative  green is just ok.  He was part of a team that fell way short of what is required to get out of this league  he’s out of contract so I would look to upgrade 

But when he played according to the stats we were a playoff team based on points gained? 

The team granted fell well short overall, however we seemed decent when he was involved....still think he's worth a contract of some sort as he will be middle of the pack where wages are concerned. 

But I'd also sign another winger as we need completion and cover if one gets injured....as happened last season after Green got crocked at Maidenhead....we won 1 out of 14!

36 minutes ago, Handsy said:

when he played we did well

3 hours ago, Handsy said:

or sign better players and  Green

4 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

But when he played according to the stats we were a playoff team based on points gained? 

The team granted fell well short overall, however we seemed decent when he was involved....still think he's worth a contract of some sort as he will be middle of the pack where wages are concerned. 

But I'd also sign another winger as we need completion and cover if one gets injured....as happened last season after Green got crocked at Maidenhead....we won 1 out of 14!

yep. good post 😎

So you would have green over colclough or berry both of chesterfield  who walked the league  both of those two would of been in our price range  and are far superior to green 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Handsy said:

So you would have green over colclough or berry both of chesterfield  who walked the league  both of those two would of been in our price range  and are far superior to green 

No l'd have all three!!

especially as next year we can name seven subs and make five.

Edited by Monty Burns
went away and fact checked before adding second sentence

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

But which two would you start with Monty 

the two most in form and free from injury!

if DU would have listened to BP two years ago then Green would be watching the other two with a tracksuit on for the first friendly.

My point exactly  we can do better than green  I’m not against green but he’s out of contact so I would look for an upgrade  he started lots of games ok then drifted out of the games not consistent enough for me 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

the two most in form and free from injury!

if DU would have listened to BP two years ago then Green would be watching the other two with a tracksuit on for the first friendly.

Don't think DU listened much to anybody really.

Green is quick, but limited. I've only seen Osborne of Buxton once, but he looked better in his all round game, similar to Jack Bridge of Southend.

My first impression may be wrong, but the last player we signed from Buxton did OK.

Edited by BP1960

49 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Or Dobra!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

We can't afford to carry squad players?  We certainly need a strong XI but we can't play the same XI every week.  Carrying no, having alternatives within the squad yes.  Can't say I have particularly strong view on Green but he's certainly got something to offer

As the only winger at the club, and a position that we desperately need- he wasn’t seen as good enough to be a starter. Otherwise he would’ve got a deal. 

As a squad player- Why would you sign two wide men and not keep green as first alternative /replacement? I’d wager because they don’t think he’s reliable or consistent enough. 

We need more from every squad player than- ‘can be half decent on his day’ 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, League one forever said:

As the only winger at the club, and a position that we desperately need- he wasn’t seen as good enough to be a starter. Otherwise he would’ve got a deal. 

As a squad player- Why would you sign two wide men and not keep green as first alternative /replacement? I’d wager because they don’t think he’s reliable or consistent enough. 

We need more from every squad player than- ‘can be half decent on his day’ 

Yep. Exactly. 

We need to trim the squad down to quality rather than quantity. 

Im sure we will sign about 3 wide men this window, if not 4. 

We need to make space in the squad and players who can be decent for a fraction of the games should be out. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Yep. Exactly. 

We need to trim the squad down to quality rather than quantity. 

Im sure we will sign about 3 wide men this window, if not 4. 

We need to make space in the squad and players who can be decent for a fraction of the games should be out. 

at least one experienced CDM in the Daz Shez mould, two wingers plus Green, a backup LB and Fondop or an upgrade on him so Garner doesnt have to do that job 100% of the time. he's mega Garner if we can get him free'd up