Transfer Rumours 24/25

6 hours ago, Handsy said:

So you would have green over colclough or berry both of chesterfield  who walked the league  both of those two would of been in our price range  and are far superior to green 

We rejected Colclough on disciplinary grounds and Berry rejected us on footballing grounds and D.U.

We should have gone for Berry ages before he left Macc. B.P had spotted him a long time before he started getting hat tricks for Macc.After that his price went through the roof and at that point D.U had us looking like relegation material so no wonder he chose Chesterfield.Que sera sera.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Regarding James Berry he didn't appear to start all the games for Chesterfield last season and while making plenty of first team appearances wasnt exactly there star man. His stats are 33 appearences and 6 goals (which is as many as Nathan Sheron). Their is an arguement he could possibly would have improved us no doubt but he appears to have gotten almost demi god status for some reason.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Regarding James Berry he didn't appear to start all the games for Chesterfield last season and while making plenty of first team appearances wasnt exactly there star man. His stats are 33 appearences and 6 goals (which is as many as Nathan Sheron). Their is an arguement he could possibly would have improved us no doubt but he appears to have gotten almost demi god status for some reason.

You shouldn't read too much into appearances, it's the goals ratio to minutes on the pitch that count and many of his appearances were late substitutes. 

Being a newcomer he's had to bide his time behind Colclough and Dobra, 2 of the best outside the EFL.

Mark my words he will take Division 2  by storm next season.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-winger-keen-to-kick-on-in-efl-next-season-4604421.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

@BP1960 is there an email you use to recommend players to the club? 

I'm awaiting a call from the club - who I'm told have been asked to contact me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wrote this earlier in the thread:

MM said that we have a number of players we are looking at - we need to be patient and trust that the right players move on and the right players come in.

I still stand by that - but as each week goes by and rival teams sign decent (on paper) players, I can’t help but think that it’s too quiet around BP…👀

Stay calm Dog, stay calm.

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

MM said that we have a number of players we are looking at - we need to be patient and trust that the right players move on and the right players come in.

I still stand by that - but as each week goes by and rival teams sign decent (on paper) players, I can’t help but think that it’s too quiet around BP…👀

Plenty of time. A lot of players are still on holiday. 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Plenty of time. A lot of players are still on holiday. 

When do they start pre-season training? I would want the majority of my squad together by that point.

It's conjecture but I don't think Norwood coming in so late did us any favours at the start of last season. Brennan Dickenson isn't the best advert for days before the season starts signings. 

Just now, Hemel latic said:

When do they start pre-season training? I would want the majority of my squad together by that point.

It's conjecture but I don't think Norwood coming in so late did us any favours at the start of last season. Brennan Dickenson isn't the best advert for days before the season starts signings. 

Was thinking this the other day. Don’t we usually get them in on like the last Thursday/Fri of June for fitness tests then it starts week after? Probably only 3-4 week away at most. 

Few rumours of Hartigan coming in. Would be a very good signing. Did great at Barnet on loan from Mansfield

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I find the Ogle signing interesting on a number of levels, but unfortunately I'm using interesting as something of a euphemism. 

He's a 25yo, so at or near his peak in theory.  But his peak so far has been during a season in which his side was relegated from this level and he didn't quite hack it at L2 level.  And he was identified a year ago as someone we wanted under the previous regime who clearly couldn't pick their own noses, never mind good players.  So was his planned recruitment last summer driven by Statsbomb or traditional scouting over a year ago, and has his actual arrival been based on more scouting post Mellon's arrival or on the fact that MM knows what good looks like?

Yes, we needed a right back and it's good that we've got one.  But is this one the right one?  Hope so, but my confidence isn't high.  the Scunthorpe fans generally seemed to like him. but plenty of comments on their site about a lack of passing ability and not much end product.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I find the Ogle signing interesting on a number of levels, but unfortunately I'm using interesting as something of a euphemism. 

He's a 25yo, so at or near his peak in theory.  But his peak so far has been during a season in which his side was relegated from this level and he didn't quite hack it at L2 level.  And he was identified a year ago as someone we wanted under the previous regime who clearly couldn't pick their own noses, never mind good players.  So was his planned recruitment last summer driven by Statsbomb or traditional scouting over a year ago, and has his actual arrival been based on more scouting post Mellon's arrival or on the fact that MM knows what good looks like?

Yes, we needed a right back and it's good that we've got one.  But is this one the right one?  Hope so, but my confidence isn't high.  the Scunthorpe fans generally seemed to like him. but plenty of comments on their site about a lack of passing ability and not much end product.

Yes, this signing doesn’t inspire me much but I don’t think many would at the moment after all the promise of last season. More important than who we get is the mentality of the group this time. A few more players obviously needed but that collective mental strength has been so badly missing this last season . 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe it was a ‘getoneinbeforetheearlybirdpricesexpire’?

57 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes, this signing doesn’t inspire me much but I don’t think many would at the moment after all the promise of last season. More important than who we get is the mentality of the group this time. A few more players obviously needed but that collective mental strength has been so badly missing this last season . 

A good season in a relegated team might mean his attitude is right. Some of ours gave up in a potential promotion-winning side!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Not aimed at you, but I think we all need to stop Judging for good or bad on past club, division, pedigree.  We’ve had so many signings over the last two seasons where we have all thought- he looks a cracker,  and it just hasn’t worked out. 

The only thing that matters is what they do on game day. That’s it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not aimed at you, but I think we all need to stop Judging for good or bad on past club, division, pedigree.  We’ve had so many signings over the last two seasons where we have all thought- he looks a cracker,  and it just hasn’t worked out. 

The only thing that matters is what they do on game day. That’s it. 

I think I’m agreeing with you. Nothing personal to Ogle. The squad has to have that collective mental strength game in game out. If he adds to that then great. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, diggleblue said:

We rejected Colclough on disciplinary grounds and Berry rejected us on footballing grounds and D.U.

We should have gone for Berry ages before he left Macc. B.P had spotted him a long time before he started getting hat tricks for Macc.After that his price went through the roof and at that point D.U had us looking like relegation material so no wonder he chose Chesterfield.Que sera sera.

Speculation 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Ive seen him play twice Dave and was impressed both times. 

On 6/4/2024 at 5:02 PM, Bobledgersheart said:

Green gives us a bit of variation but he's injury prone so a risk if he's our only wide option.

Oh Yeah we defo need another 2 wide men at least. I don't see Green being a regular starter but I think in and around the squad and we lack pace so he fits what we need to a point. I think

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I have that feeling slightly too, but given what MM said about the need to move players out as well, our transfer business is already more complex than virtually every other club in the NL.

If you've got players like Kurt Willoughby wanting to stay and fight for a place, but who clearly isn't in MM's plans then it's just making the wriggle room in the budget smaller.

Given we're still 3-4 weeks off when they return for pre-season, we just have to exercise patience that the wheels will start to move between now and then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Ask them if they've looked at Bes Topalloj

Bromley have just been promoted to EPL Division 2 and he's signed a 1 year contract, looks a good prospect though.

Edited by BP1960

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'm awaiting a call from the club - who I'm told have been asked to contact me.

We wanted to speak because you've sent 41,000 emails, 744 tweets, 100 pages of letters and 350 hours of voicemails Martha

• Like 2