Transfer Rumours 24/25

Report on Twitter is we’re interested in Kyle McAllister from Forest Green. It is one of those transfer rumours accounts that churns out content though, so large handful of salt required.

Former Derby & St Mirren midfielder. Plays front of midfield / false no. 10 similar style to Chris Conn-Clarke by the sound of things.

Seems to tick boxes going off the FRG website: “Kyle is a Head Coach’s dream. He trains hard and his work-rate during a game is exceptional.”

• Like 1

If reports from the Oldham Times were true and we were actually interested in signing Paddy Madden.
Wouldn’t that suggest Norwood is on his way because surely it isn’t viable to have three big earners like Madden, Garner & Norwood in our squad?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If reports from the Oldham Times were true and we were actually interested in signing Paddy Madden.
Wouldn’t that suggest Norwood is on his way because surely it isn’t viable to have three big earners like Madden, Garner & Norwood in our squad?

why doesn't it????

Corney n Bazza really did a job on you didn't they 😳

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Suspect Suzanne just lifted the gossip about Madden from on  here or X/twitter, or whatever it's called.  Unsubstantiated rumour.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Why doesn’t what?

why isnt l meant. why cant we have more than two big earners in the squad???

PS you always seem very patient with me and my strange volatile ways. thank you for that.

Edited by Monty Burns
added the PS

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

why isnt l meant. why cant we have more than two big earners in the squad???

PS you always seem very patient with me and my strange volatile ways. thank you for that.

😂😂

I just don’t think we can afford or even need to blow 500k a season on 3 players in this division.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:55 PM, oafc1955 said:

Is Garner a big earner? I doubt he was on that high a wage at Carlisle and i'd imagine we would have only matched what he was on there at best. He probably even took a slight cut in order to get a 2 year deal at his age.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Yea I think they will be good this season.☹️

Maybe we won’t have a team running away with it as in previous seasons but It will still be a very competitive division next season.

I just hope we can get the right players in before preseason training starts which I should think is only about a month away!

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Yea I think they will be good this season.☹️

I don't think they'll be too much better than what they were last season but there y'go.

Like @oafc1955 says, it's going to be much more open this season. Barnet look the strongest out of the bunch so far but even their signings are all players plucked from this league or below. I can't visualise a team that will dominate the league like the last few seasons have shown.

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I don't think they'll be too much better than what they were last season but there y'go.

Like @oafc1955 says, it's going to be much more open this season. Barnet look the strongest out of the bunch so far but even their signings are all players plucked from this league or below. I can't visualise a team that will dominate the league like the last few seasons have shown.

To be honest don’t think much of Barnet’s signings. I think a dark horse might just appear from Nowhere. 

9 hours ago, Fervid said:

To be honest don’t think much of Barnet’s signings. I think a dark horse might just appear from Nowhere. 

Prior to Stockport winning the National League in 21/22 the title winners in the previous 5 years had all finished mid-table in the previous season.

Agree there doesn't seem to be an outstanding team but I expect Sutton and FGR to be stronger than recent relegated teams. Although they both had horrible seasons, they both bounced before relegation and with newish managers seem to be on an upward trajectory.

Every reason to expect Rochdale to be better this season. The dark horse thepry may have legs.  

I know we've got to accept where we are etc but we're worried about "how strong" Rochdale, Barnet, Forest Green and Sutton (SUTTON!!) are going to be!

It still doesn't sound right.  I've seen us beat Chelsea, City and Liverpool!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I know we've got to accept where we are etc but we're worried about "how strong" Rochdale, Barnet, Forest Green and Sutton (SUTTON!!) are going to be!

It still doesn't sound right.  I've seen us beat Chelsea, City and Liverpool!!

A few more years, Joe, and you'll have forgotten about those wins.  And then we'll be happy about beating Sutton (if we do...)

12 hours ago, Fervid said:

It’s hard to call as I’m sure we don’t know much about them. But, like Bromley, they’ve solidified their play-off calibre and are building positively year on year. They’re getting time and patience too. Would a manager for us who pathetically bottled the play-offs twice - and it was a complete capitulation on both occasions - be permitted a third bite at it? 

Considering the tantrums he threw, the continued assertions that he knows what good looks like and the pathetic end to the season I really thought we would have some signings lined up ready to go early doors to get some feelgood factor back into the place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Considering the tantrums he threw, the continued assertions that he knows what good looks like and the pathetic end to the season I really thought we would have some signings lined up ready to go early doors to get some feelgood factor back into the place.

Tantrums?

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You’ve gone early, at least give him the first pre -season game. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Tantrums?

I don't think that's too strong a word for that ludicrous end of season interview.  Toddlers generally give up sooner than he did in that