Transfer Rumours 24/25

11 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Shelton's gone; mutual consent.

I wonder how much we've had to pay him off?

More of Frank's money pissed away. 

Good luck to the lad...

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

Barnet FC Manager Dean Brennan added:

“I’m delighted with this one! We tried to sign Shelts several times last season."

Why didn't we let him go then?

Edited by BP1960

18 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Shelton's gone; mutual consent.

Felt a bit sorry for him. Started ok then got engulfed in the confusion and lost any confidence. Always struck me as a decent sort.

Glad for both parties that it's over.

• Like 1

Good luck to him, no player should be given the ammount of stick that happened to him. Disgraceful that he was booed when coming onto the pitch as a sub. His confidence must have been in tatters. Hope he does well for Barnet. 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Wasn't good for us but was treated appallingly by our fans

You can’t blame the fans……He churned out absolute dog shite week after bloody week. I can’t remember him contributing one single decent performance throughout the time he was here.

He should have been taken out of the firing line way earlier than he was when it became glaringly obvious he was clearly struggling.

We’d have been better playing a lad from the academy who couldn’t possibly have performed any worse!!

I wish him well and a new start at a new club gives him a chance to revive his career.

He’ll probably score against us and have an absolute blinder!!😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You can’t blame the fans……He churned out absolute dog shite week after bloody week. I can’t remember him contributing one single decent performance throughout the time he was here.

He should have been taken out of the firing line way earlier than he was when it became glaringly obvious he was clearly struggling.

We’d have been better playing a lad from the academy who couldn’t possibly have performed any worse!!

I wish him well and a new start at a new club gives him a chance to revive his career.

He’ll probably score against us and have an absolute blinder!!😂😂

Some fans behaved appallingly, no matter the level of performance. Hope he does well (but not against us)

• Like 1

Won't be popular but unfortunately he had to play centrally with Sheron who makes good footballers look shite by being so technically poor,  giving the ball away for 90 minutes (I know he runs about a lot and scores a goal every eight games). His confidence had completely gone in the end and he probably couldn't come back from that here. Wish him well at Barnet.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You can’t blame the fans……He churned out absolute dog shite week after bloody week. 😂

Yeah I can, no player deserves to be booed on to the pitch. Especially when the team is winning.

How's that supposed to help anyone's confidence?

• Like 8

On 6/11/2024 at 2:52 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Inih Effiong has just posted on his social media that he is leaving Dagenham this summer if we are looking for a target man.....

14 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Bloody good signing for Braintree that!

He's getting on a bit at 33..... but 16 goals in 28 games for a team finishing only 4 points off relegation is a decent return.

A goal every 151 mins according to Transfer Markt. Wonder how that compares to Norwood and our strikers?

Probably paying him a few quid and based down South, so unlikely to move up to the tropics but would have been a useful weapon.

So with Shelton gone we’re down to 18 senior pros

2 Keepers 

6 Defenders 

5 midfielders 

5 Forwards. 

Id expect Reid, Nuttall, and possibly Ward to go leaving us with 15/16. Which means there could be as many as 9 new faces to bring us up to 24/25 mark. Not that difficult to reshape the squad after all Micky. . . 

21 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

No personal gripe just our commercial side of the business is pretty poor

Strange how hospitality was sold out post Christmas for every football fixture, I watch both and want each to do well but i can't agree with your observations, I've sampled hospitality at both and the rugby are light years behind, they can't even sell out matchday sponsorship packages or hospitality which is generally pie and peas and are being heavily subsidised in a very poor league that lacks competitiveness. 

I would also suggest that commercial revenue is probably as high as it's ever been on the football side and continues to grow given Frank, Judith, Luke, Sue and Darren's contacts, to add to that some of the stuff put out by the media team is as good as you'll see at our level and I'm excited to see what Matt, Andy and their team bring to the table this season on the back of the very successful podcast and phone in - in it's new guise as We are Oldham, personally I think you are being unfair making such a poor comparison and I'm not actually sure what it is your expecting from a non league football club.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Strange how hospitality was sold out post Christmas for every football fixture, I watch both and want each to do well but i can't agree with your observations, I've sampled hospitality at both and the rugby are light years behind, they can't even sell out matchday sponsorship packages or hospitality which is generally pie and peas and are being heavily subsidised in a very poor league that lacks competitiveness. 

I would also suggest that commercial revenue is probably as high as it's ever been on the football side and continues to grow given Frank, Judith, Luke, Sue and Darren's contacts, to add to that some of the stuff put out by the media team is as good as you'll see at our level and I'm excited to see what Matt, Andy and their team bring to the table this season on the back of the very successful podcast and phone in - in it's new guise as We are Oldham, personally I think you are being unfair making such a poor comparison and I'm not actually sure what it is your expecting from a non league football club.

Totally agree.

A very odd observation. Off the pitch is fantastic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

So with Shelton gone we’re down to 18 senior pros

2 Keepers 

6 Defenders 

5 midfielders 

5 Forwards. 

Id expect Reid, Nuttall, and possibly Ward to go leaving us with 15/16. Which means there could be as many as 9 new faces to bring us up to 24/25 mark. Not that difficult to reshape the squad after all Micky. . . 

Yet people will still say we won’t sign any new players….