Transfer Rumours 24/25

10 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Given that he was one of the top paid players at Latics, I hope it's all of his wages!

Due to the fact that it's a loan I doubt it will be all his wages but nevertheless it's better for all concerned than him sitting here on full pay kicking his heels

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Due to the fact that it's a loan I doubt it will be all his wages but nevertheless it's better for all concerned than him sitting here on full pay kicking his heels

Better had be all his wages. They've just raked in a reported £350,000 for Conn Clarke. Probably won't be all up front, I grant you, but we shouldn't be doing favours for divisional rivals.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Apparently we've a clause insisting that he does have to play against us, poor souls at Alty losing Conn-Clarke and lazy arse turning up as a replacement.

Knowing our luck he will turn into a monster and become the striker we all hoped he might be!

It appears the club is active in getting players off the wage bill, so it looks positive to give us some wiggle room to sign players who MM wants to sign for his system he wants to play I am sure the club has identified a list of targets.

Hopefully, we can hit the ground running and build early momentum for the season KTF.

3 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

It appears the club is active in getting players off the wage bill, so it looks positive to give us some wiggle room to sign players who MM wants to sign for his system he wants to play I am sure the club has identified a list of targets.

Hopefully, we can hit the ground running and build early momentum for the season KTF.

I think with Nuttall gone we should make up with Reid. He's been daft but he's still our player.

15 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Better had be all his wages. They've just raked in a reported £350,000 for Conn Clarke. Probably won't be all up front, I grant you, but we shouldn't be doing favours for divisional rivals.

Its not a case of doing favours its about doing the right thing of the options available if he's not in our plans and we can't find anyone to take on his full contract then it's best he's playing somewhere else and we recoup say 1 or 2k a week (I've no idea what Nuttall is on but its believed to be pretty good for this level) then that's money that can be put to better use.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Out of our hands isn't it?

He's a local lad so may opt to stay and impress here same way Tarky did. Hopefully.

Edited by BP1960

Worryingly I'm getting the feeling what MM said back end of last season is true and we are indeed skint. Fingers crossed we are not just reliant on moving players out and that some ambition remains at the club. Here's hoping.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Worryingly I'm getting the feeling what MM said back end of last season is true and we are indeed skint. Fingers crossed we are not just reliant on moving players out and that some ambition remains at the club. Here's hoping.

We have released 15-20 players and some of them are big earners. No excuses not to get players in

31 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Anyone reckon Alex Reid is just dragging his feet and staying  here out of spite? 

If he is he's an even bigger bellend than I already thought, surprised he was in and around the club back end of last season given Mellon has said he'll never play for the club again. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the group going forward and think he'd be stupid to sit it out but he's obviously not the brightest so who knows what his plans are, I'm sure he'll keep us posted on his social media platforms.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Absolutely no chance it will be all of his wages. None, zero, zip all.  It's not doing a favour, it's making the most of a bad job

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

He's a local lad so may opt to stay and impress here same way Tarky did. Hopefully.

Depends on what offers he may have had but also, I'd guess, on whether he fancies division five because if he's as good as you think then maybe he could get games higher up already.  The sad reality.

3 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Call that a favour!!😂😂😂

6 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Happy with that. That's three off the wage bill,.

First team squad down to 17, there will be a few coming in.

Shelton, Dickenson, Sheron, and Nuttall - that’s FOUR methinks 👍