Transfer Rumours 24/25

8 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Knowing our luck he will turn into a monster and become the striker we all hoped he might be!

Don’t think there’s any chance of that happening……..just as  a reminder, these were the opinions of a fan on the Cheltenham forum shortly after he joined 😂😂😂

Darrell Clarke mined nuggets with Pett and Kinsella but fools gold with Nuttall unfortunately...

I know DC likes to surprise everyone with team selections but starting with 10 men was bold. If Nuttall ever gets near the team again I will be shocked.

Because Nuttall is a big unit I thought he'd be decent in the air. WRONG Because he's a professional footballer I thought he'd be able to kick a football. WRONG.

Still not seen anything official about Sheron...

As I say - our best midfielder and probably should have been the last midfielder we shift on.

We currently have a midfield of Lundstram, Conlon, Ward and Hammond.  If you thought we were weak in midfield with Sheron....!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JoeP said:

As I say - our best midfielder and probably should have been the last midfielder we shift on.

We currently have a midfield of Lundstram, Conlon, Ward and Hammond.  If you thought we were weak in midfield with Sheron....!

Keep Sheron, get rid of them 4 for me. Another long hard season when u look at that lot !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Keep Sheron, get rid of them 4 for me. Another long hard season when u look at that lot !

I certainly wouldn't be making one of them Captain..

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Best as in he can't pass a football to a blue shirt and consistently hoofs it aimlessly as a result, I'd have Lundstrum and Conlon in before him every day of the week because they have the ability to look after the football and have proved that previously, Sheron will carve out a career because he's industrious and plays with plenty of desire but ability wise he's holding the team back, he just kills the team turning over possession and slows us down in an attacking sense with his lack of vision. 

Ward can go for me as well as he's just a shit Sheron. Hammond I'd keep as he's shown glimpses of qualities I'd like to see in a player, it's a big pre season for him and it will be interesting to see how he gets on next season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Conlon and Lundstram are more than good enough. 

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Best as in he can't pass a football to a blue shirt and consistently hoofs it aimlessly as a result, I'd have Lundstrum and Conlon in before him every day of the week because they have the ability to look after the football and have proved that previously, Sheron will carve out a career because he's industrious and plays with plenty of desire but ability wise he's holding the team back, he just kills the team turning over possession and slows us down in an attacking sense with his lack of vision. 

Ward can go for me as well as he's just a shit Sheron. Hammond I'd keep as he's shown glimpses of qualities I'd like to see in a player, it's a big pre season for him and it will be interesting to see how he gets on next season.

Exactly this. No way on earth is Sheron a better player than Conlon or Lundstram. There’s been 1 constant in the midfield for 2 seasons at this level, which has been our biggest weakness and thats Sheron. I won’t say a bad word about him because he always put in 100% and I cannot say otherwise but he isn’t good enough to get you out of this division in the right direction. 
We’ll sign an improvement for him anyway I would imagine. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Conlon and Lundstram are more than good enough. 

Based on what?

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Sheron tackles and scores - Lundstram and Conlon have - as yet - done neither. 

I am mystified how - after last season - people have decided our midfield is now "better" with players who have offered literally not one positive thing. 

I'm guessing we're judging them on the reputation they've come with, rather than how they've actually played for us? How they've played for their previous club is of jack shit use to us, unfortunately...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Based on what?

I am mystified how - after last season - people have decided our midfield is now "better" with players who have offered literally not one positive thing. 

I'm guessing we're judging them on the reputation they've come with, rather than how they've actually played for us? How they've played for their previous club is of jack shit use to us, unfortunately...

Do you just shut your eyes and ignore everytime Sheron pumps it blindly down a channel for no reason ? 

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Based on what?

100% 

It’s also very strange how everyone agrees that our midfield has been awful, and yet it’s only Sheron that has been holding us back apparently. . Despite scoring and contributing more than the rest of them put together. 

Maybe Lundy and Conlon will come good, but neither have done anything in their time at the club. So it’s pure hope rather than expectation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Do you just shut your eyes and ignore everytime Sheron pumps it blindly down a channel for no reason ? 

Do you shut your eyes and ignore his goals and tackles?

I've definitely closed my eyes to anything positive the other midfielders have done. Either that, or it just hasn't happened.

Some Oldham fans love someone who just runs around. Another group of Oldham fans love a player who does sweet FA, but has a good reputation at other clubs. Can't make a mistake, if you don't do anything.... upstairs for thinking!

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

100% 

It’s also very strange how everyone agrees that our midfield has been awful, and yet it’s only Sheron that has been holding us back apparently. . Despite scoring and contributing more than the rest of them put together. 

Maybe Lundy and Conlon will come good, but neither have done anything in their time at the club. So it’s pure hope rather than expectation. 

Well he was the one who couldn't seem to get dropped so you'd hope his stats would be better...

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well he was the one who couldn't seem to get dropped so you'd hope his stats would be better...

Who couldn’t seem to get dropped. . . 😂😂😂😂

Really weird isn’t it- how he always played and the several players who came in after him were in and out of the side. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Who couldn’t seem to get dropped. . . 😂😂😂😂

Really weird isn’t it- how he always played and the several players who came in after him were in and out of the side. 

It was certainly weird how he kept on being picked in midfield despite being unable to pass the ball to a team mate very often.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It was certainly weird how he kept on being picked in midfield despite being unable to pass the ball to a team mate very often.

I know especially when absolute ballers like Lundy and Conlon contributed so much to a fantastic campaign. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know especially when absolute ballers like Lundy and Conlon contributed so much to a fantastic campaign. 

Hard to play when the ball is constantly flying over your head, hopefully the next manager might be able to get more of them.