Transfer Rumours 24/25

31 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Maybe something happening on Monday as the rugby have moved an event from the OEC.

Why would that be affected by the signing of players?

17 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Is it possible to be bored to death? Asking for a friend.

16 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Yes, both on here and watching the Euro's 

It's a lovely day get outside and see the sunshine. Get down to your local cricket club and get a pint in the sun they will be glad to see you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Why would that be affected by the signing of players?

Don't know - just seems a bit strange that a rugby event to promote box sales and sponsorship isn't now being held at BP. Maybe we have a few announcements to make?

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Watching Georgia v Czech Republic. Both teams full of skill pace and commitment.

Take note Southgate and MM and ditch your turgid tactics.

MM didnt have a team 'full of skill and commitment' 

even none scouts could see that 🙄🤦‍♀️

Just now, mick26 said:

Don't know - just seems a bit strange that a rugby event to promote box sales and sponsorship isn't now being held at BP. Maybe we have a few announcements to make?

or (more likely) they couldnt sell enough tickets for it so moved it to a smaller venue

24 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Most likely something to do with the renovations to the terrace. Moved the England game to the Broadway the other day for that reason and it looks like they are about to knock all the way through very soon. 

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's a lovely day get outside and see the sunshine. Get down to your local cricket club and get a pint in the sun they will be glad to see you.

Will there be any dynamic youngsters playing?

40 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

MM didnt have a team 'full of skill and commitment' 

even none scouts could see that 🙄🤦‍♀️

He signed 6 without them though.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not putting any pressure on any player, it won't and shouldn't be about individuals but how we gel as a team. Let's see who he brings in to complement what we've got before we start writing our chances off. I wish we'd just sign a player or two because our fans seem to be stuck in the bad mood Mellon projected at the back end of the season. 

I expect plenty of movement in the next couple of weeks, can't we at least try to be a little more optimistic given we haven't a clue who’s about to be brought in.

According to DR. He wants a squad of 20 outfield players. 

Id wager that when the season starts about 6 will be new signings. One we know is a right back, and I’d think the new lads will be spread across the team. (Because we have plenty of gaps to fill) 

That means he will be reliant on players in midfield that 

Just now, League one forever said:

According to DR. He wants a squad of 20 outfield players. 

Id wager that when the season starts about 6 will be new signings. One we know is a right back, and I’d think the new lads will be spread across the team. (Because we have plenty of gaps to fill) 

That means he will be reliant on players in midfield that 

have shown nowhere near title challenging performances. 

I just can’t see a midfield that finished 10th last season suddenly being transformed with a few new signings. 

Not doom and gloom as we’ll be around the playoffs. Just realistic we what we have. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I just can’t see a midfield that finished 10th last season suddenly being transformed with a few new signings. 

Not doom and gloom as we’ll be around the playoffs. Just realistic we what we have. 

You don't know what we have, how we'll set up and you are judging these players on a season which for one reason or another turned in to a shit show.

I'm probably one of the biggest pessimists on here but I'm struggling to see the sense in having a downer on a squad we know little about particularly as we are still two week away from the players reporting back in, with these new signings we are going to have to accept it will be a bumpy road getting them integrated but I'm almost certain we will be better off for it. 

Some of the players you mention have performed in different environments to ours, been part of promotion winning teams and in some instances shone at previous clubs, I know we've not seen this consistently out of those remaining but they at least have it in them it's now up to Mellon and Brabin to get it out of them and allow them to express themselves.

I've seen nothing yet to start having a downer and for me the best thing for us fans to do as well as the players remaining is to head in to next season with a clean slate otherwise we are just pissing in the wind and going round in circles, now more than ever I think we need to keep the faith.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

stick a Daz Shez alongside Hanmond with some new decent wingers and it's a totally diff proposition

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

You don't know what we have, how we'll set up and you are judging these players on a season which for one reason or another turned in to a shit show.

I'm probably one of the biggest pessimists on here but I'm struggling to see the sense in having a downer on a squad we know little about particularly as we are still two week away from the players reporting back in, with these new signings we are going to have to accept it will be a bumpy road getting them integrated but I'm almost certain we will be better off for it. 

Some of the players you mention have performed in different environments to ours, been part of promotion winning teams and in some instances shone at previous clubs, I know we've not seen this consistently out of those remaining but they at least have it in them it's now up to Mellon and Brabin to get it out of them and allow them to express themselves.

I've seen nothing yet to start having a downer and for me the best thing for us fans to do as well as the players remaining is to head in to next season with a clean slate otherwise we are just pissing in the wind and going round in circles, now more than ever I think we need to keep the faith.

eloquent and excellent. bravo, sir 👏🏻

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What's the latest on Norwood then?, any of the ITK lads heard anything with regards to him staying or leaving?

he is staying and he is thinking about smiling, but only if it means something.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You don't know what we have, how we'll set up

I know we’ll have the majority of a squad of players that have been here a while and not performed, the hope is 5/6 new signings will change/compliment the incumbent players to suddenly churn wins out week in week out. Big ask. I think you, me and everybody else knows how we’ll set up. Hard to beat. No problem with that if it gets results. I just want to win. 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep. The 64000 dollar question. 

They nearly all come with pedigree, they have nearly all had success elsewhere. Yet haven’t kicked on with us. Hopefully you’re right, and the blend and mentality is much better.

We’ll see. . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I did get out for a good part of the day on the motorcycle, so haven't had a drink since watching that rabble Thursday 

I might raise a glass tomorrow evening whilst watching our Scottish friends exit the competition

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

But weren't you very keen on Walker?

He was never given a proper run by MM due to his turgid tactics.

He's young and will impress in Scotland.

54 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He was never given a proper run by MM due to his turgid tactics.

He's young and will impress in Scotland.

I'm old and could impress in Scotland!

Walker wasn't given a run because he wasn't ready for it.

By MM'S own admission,  it was felt he might be up to it but he proved not to be. Think he described him as a development squad player - and we can't afford a development squad.

• Like 1