Transfer Rumours 24/25

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You don't know what we have, how we'll set up and you are judging these players on a season which for one reason or another turned in to a shit show.

I'm probably one of the biggest pessimists on here but I'm struggling to see the sense in having a downer on a squad we know little about particularly as we are still two week away from the players reporting back in, with these new signings we are going to have to accept it will be a bumpy road getting them integrated but I'm almost certain we will be better off for it. 

Some of the players you mention have performed in different environments to ours, been part of promotion winning teams and in some instances shone at previous clubs, I know we've not seen this consistently out of those remaining but they at least have it in them it's now up to Mellon and Brabin to get it out of them and allow them to express themselves.

I've seen nothing yet to start having a downer and for me the best thing for us fans to do as well as the players remaining is to head in to next season with a clean slate otherwise we are just pissing in the wind and going round in circles, now more than ever I think we need to keep the faith.

We know all about the manager though. Unless he's had a personality transplant over the summer then it is more of the same to come because there doesn't appear to be a big pot of money for him to spend.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Watching Georgia v Czech Republic. Both teams full of skill pace and commitment.

Take note Southgate and MM and ditch your turgid tactics.

And Georgia and Czech Republic will ultimately win the square root of naff all.

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We know all about the manager though. Unless he's had a personality transplant over the summer then it is more of the same to come because there doesn't appear to be a big pot of money for him to spend.

I’m not getting into the manager debate, but I agree with your point. The manager has had plenty of success elsewhere playing a certain way, he isn’t going to change. There is no way we are going to play expansive football just because we have new signings. That doesn’t mean we can’t do well, but we know how we’ll set up. 

I also think the close season and not playing is giving people amnesia and false hope about a lot of the incumbent players. The manager all but admitted the vast majority aren’t good enough but he’s stuck with them for another year. New signings will help and they will improve us. I just don’t think to the levels people want, hope or expect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

With his successful teams at Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Tranmere, Mellon has varied line ups during the season, using 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2, depending on available players and the opposition.  

In those promotions his teams won at least half of their 46 games, scoring on average two goals to opposition one.

Think I would settle for a reproduction of that.

16 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Will there be any dynamic youngsters playing?

Well funnily enough I got speaking to a lad who played for Macc town think he's a right back at Glossop yesterday who's seconds beat Saddleworth. Plenty of young dynamic players in the Greater Manchester cricket league.

11 hours ago, Boyyou said:

With his successful teams at Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Tranmere, Mellon has varied line ups during the season, using 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2, depending on available players and the opposition.  

In those promotions his teams won at least half of their 46 games, scoring on average two goals to opposition one.

Think I would settle for a reproduction of that.

People are getting told off for talking about what players have done at previous clubs so only right that we apply the same principle to the manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

People are getting told off for talking about what players have done at previous clubs so only right that we apply the same principle to the manager.

If previous performance does not count, what then is the criteria for recruitment of players and managers?

Surely there has to be some yardstick. Potential alone would seem a flimsy one. Some fulfill it, many don't.

7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

I keep looking at this thread hoping for a rumour or 2 and am constantly disappointed 😔.

I've done the same to someone else now 🤣.

I’m hoping once this coming week is out of the way there’ll be a few incoming . 

15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

We know all about the manager though. Unless he's had a personality transplant over the summer then it is more of the same to come because there doesn't appear to be a big pot of money for him to 

8 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I’m hoping once this coming week is out of the way there’ll be a few incoming . 

Nothing will happen until after the 30th June as that’s when the contracts officially end.

12 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Nothing will happen until after the 30th June as that’s when the contracts officially end.

We need to give it a rest with this June 30 nonsense, it isn't stopping other clubs announcing signings.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We need to give it a rest with this June 30 nonsense, it isn't stopping other clubs announcing signings.

It’s actually not nonsense, give it a rest too, I know at least 5 players that have agreed terms with the club.

The correct way to do business is to wait until their contracts expire then go publicly.

cheers

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

It’s actually not nonsense, give it a rest too, I know at least 5 players that have agreed terms with the club.

The correct way to do business is to wait until their contracts expire then go publicly.

cheers

Wouldn’t it be a good idea just to keep this for ‘transfer rumours’ only?

Every time I see a new post here I get a bit giddy!😂

Can’t we talk about all the other stuff elsewhere?🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

cheers

Bit odd to see the BBC transfer page so full with announced transfers then.

38 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

cheers

You big tease, anyone decent ? 

44 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

cheers

5 players but not one of them has been leaked? boooo

2 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

cheers

Do you know who they are?🤔 If you can’t disclose their identity in your opinion are they run of the mill or marquee?😆

4 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

If you don't mind me asking out of the 5 how many are new players to the club?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Go on stick a name up...

Jamie Stott, turned down offer at Halifax.

No idea if it's  true, but thought I would stick a name up.

I  can think of another four we have 'definitely ' agreed terms with but will keep them to myself.