Transfer Rumours 24/25

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Sorry Franky- that’s utter bollocks mate. 

Pre Christmas and the previous season- when he was our most consistent performer, and was many a time our only creative outlet, can you tell me who played left wing who had a had great engine to cover and who he had a great understanding with? That’s right- no one. For a season and half he ran our left side almost single handed. 

His best mate got booted, and suddenly he didn’t want to attack anymore, he didn’t even want to cross the half way line. Sadly his professionalism post Christmas  (judged by his performances) stank, and if you think players don’t down tools or dressing rooms don’t have little cliques that affect performance then that’s naive. 

He had no one for 18 months and was the best left back in the league, his mate got booted and he was a very average player. That’s not being a detective, it’s plain and simple on his performance. 

he’s played with a few that covered his runs. Was Chapman, Shelton and Tollitt mainly last season.  They allowed him space to roam. We finished the second half of last season with two of those out of favour (because it was plain to see they weren’t up to the task.

We’ll see this season but Kitching will face far more support on that flank than he’s ever had in his time here. He should flourish.

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I go back to 1960 for the marquee signing Bobby Johnstone with 17,000 attending his first game at BP.

He had a major influence on the team and club, not only as a player, but an entertainer.

He didn't dash around the pitch at 100 mph, but there was no laziness about him, he was just a midfield general, spraying wonderful passes.

All players should have intent to do their best if that's what you mean.

Things are bit different nowadays BP.....players are signed to play....the rest falls under others to sort out

6 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Yeah I'm still missing something. So Mellon had a bad run of form and thus he isn't the man for the job? Sacking a manager after a bad run of form is usually because of compounding factors, like previous spells of bad form, or being in threat of relegation.

I don't think a compounding factor has ever been that the manager took over a 1/3 into the season, with someone else's squad, and then got 5 months of playoff form before said bad run

There's no rationale behind judging him off a bad 2 months and ignoring the previous 5. All things considered he did a pretty good job. 

Instead of baying for his blood, maybe we should back the guy with 5 promotions on his C.V, and have some optimism that after a summer transfer business to improve the squad, that we can finish the season with at least a playoff spot.

Okay, well you have your opinion. 

We shall watch this play out in the next 6 months  and see whose right

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Sorry Franky- that’s utter bollocks mate. 

Pre Christmas and the previous season- when he was our most consistent performer, and was many a time our only creative outlet, can you tell me who played left wing who had a had great engine to cover and who he had a great understanding with? That’s right- no one. For a season and half he ran our left side almost single handed. 

His best mate got booted, and suddenly he didn’t want to attack anymore, he didn’t even want to cross the half way line. Sadly his professionalism post Christmas  (judged by his performances) stank, and if you think players don’t down tools or dressing rooms don’t have little cliques that affect performance then that’s naive. 

He had no one for 18 months and was the best left back in the league, his mate got booted and he was a very average player. That’s not being a detective, it’s plain and simple on his performance. 

He's an average defender at best....probably below par. 

Granted going forward....when he's up for it he is decent, but I'm not sure he is any more.

I'd have no issue with replacing him with someone younger who can get forward and can actually defend.

Best left back in the league statement is nonsense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

he’s played with a few that covered his runs. Was Chapman, Shelton and Tollitt mainly last season.  They allowed him space to roam. We finished the second half of last season with two of those out of favour (because it was plain to see they weren’t up to the task.

We’ll see this season but Kitching will face far more support on that flank than he’s ever had in his time here. He should flourish.

Tollit hardly featured under Mellon and was shipped out, Shelton (when he played) was in the middle. We have had two recognised wide players, Tollit who I mentioned, and green who played down the right. He has had a relationship with no one. Despite this, 
he was constantly highlighted on here, Twitter, and the pod as being our only creative outlet. For 18 months he was our best player by some distance in terms of his overall contribution. 

Of course he will benefit with a regular winger, but again- he flourished with literally no one regular or decent on the left side for 18 months- then his form suddenly dropped off a Cliff when his best mate got booted. 

I’m hoping Reid goes and we see the player that he was. Because he’s class in this division. 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Has anyone actually seen Mellon around the place? What has he been doing for the last six weeks?

Sidelined by a hip operation for part of that time.

He's lucky. Believe he has one of those amazing , new-fangled things they call a mobile phone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Rumours of Josh Kay from fylde 

If this was the lad that played with a bandage on his head because he got a cut, I'd have him in a heartbeat

24 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Rumours of Josh Kay from fylde 

I will get it in first. "another non league plodder", "we should be getting better than this type of player", "he's fucking shite". 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Tollit hardly featured under Mellon and was shipped out,

I was talking about last season (pre-christmas and the previous season).

My point is, his form dropped last season but it wasn't directly linked to Reid being booted out of camp. We were still producing, playing well in January and February, himself included even though Reid was ostracised months before. I just don't buy the narrative which is being put out that it's because of Reid his form dropped.

One thing we seem to agree on is that he's plenty more potential to get better with us and with better players around and in front of him.

21 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I was talking about last season (pre-christmas and the previous season).

My point is, his form dropped last season but it wasn't directly linked to Reid being booted out of camp. We were still producing, playing well in January and February, himself included even though Reid was ostracised months before. I just don't buy the narrative which is being put out that it's because of Reid his form dropped.

One thing we seem to agree on is that he's plenty more potential to get better with us and with better players around and in front of him.

We went 10 without a win at the ned of the season, I don't recall anyone looking particularly good during that run, Kitching doesn't really deserve any greater scrutiny than the rest of the players during that run.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Scored against us and looked lively 

Yep. Quick, direct, two-footed and not afraid to get stuck in.

Thought him and Ustabasi made Fylde among the most dangerous sides in wide areas. Would take either.

45 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Decent player, but would prefer to swop Reid for Jon Ustabasi.

I got a message from the club today asking if I'd like to sponsor Reid's away shirt

Edited by Dave_Og

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. He didn’t play well from Christmas onwards in my view and it wasn’t a form thing- where he was trying things but it wasn’t coming off. He literally stopped running forwards. It looked and felt like he was sulking or had thrown the towel in. Maybe it wasn’t directly linked to Reid, who knows- but it’s some coincidence.  Especially when the player ostracised is your best mate. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

👍🏻

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Must have been an oversight?

Don't think so.  My sponsored player last year has left (Shelton).  I presume this is just someone sending out players from the currently contracted list, and he's on it.  I declined.  it doesn't really matter - it's just bunging the club a few quid but...

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

We went 10 without a win at the ned of the season, I don't recall anyone looking particularly good during that run, Kitching doesn't really deserve any greater scrutiny than the rest of the players during that run.

He gets more scrutiny because he level was very good, and the drop off a lot more noticeable than the vast majority of players. When a player bombs forward, produces great crosses, and overlaps. Then suddenly doesn’t do any of that- it’s very noticeable- especially in a team with little or no creative spark. 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He gets more scrutiny because he level was very good, and the drop off a lot more noticeable than the vast majority of players. When a player bombs forward, produces great crosses, and overlaps. Then suddenly doesn’t do any of that- it’s very noticeable- especially in a team with little or no creative spark. 

Whilst I'm not disagreeing with your observation there could have been other reasons behind his dip in form, he may well have been carrying a niggle or even just lost some confidence along with the majority of the team during the run in.

Even so he would still have been in the running for an end of season award or two despite playing so poorly post Christmas and he would almost certainly walk in to any team at our level and some in the division above.

Hopefully he comes back to his best this season.

• Like 1